17 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

it is and thats his opinion . you might not agree with it but why is he weird
hes just less openly critical ,
are you saying your view is ther only one worth discussing
i just think it's a pointless post. Moaning about people moaning on a platform that was created for that exact purpose. For people to praise or vent their views.

It is his opinion i just think it's a silly one.

So we're 2 games in and some of you can't sleep. You're miserable, you're sobbing uncontrollably and you're acting like a bunch of fannies. We used to be known for our resilience, how 'fuck you, we're Blades' we were but now? Fucking hell, some of you were shitting the bed before a ball had been kicked, now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.

Thank fuck there was no internet when we went 16 games without a win. Thank fuck half you pussies weren't around back then, shame you're here now to be honest because you aren't the Blades I was brought up with.

Keyboard warriors? Not really, just a bunch of entitled cry babies. UTBFTP? Fuck me, town would be overrun with grunters if it was up to you lot.

Bang on bro some of these young un's think they know it all with their fifa 2099 and football manager games,fuck me our hi tech was space invaders,fuck all at home no interweb ,but we had the weekend to look forward as blades, to getting coach from pond street,even buying tickets same day for away games from that building next to queen's head with the roof shaped like a coat hanger,not shoving our wages up us nose then becoming 10 men WANKERS, Happy days when we really were all together blades and fuck the rest SHOREHAM REPUBLICAN ARMY .

now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.
At least do your homework. The 'sad wank' is the greatest of all the wanks. The can't-physically-do-it-any-more "wank wall" is reached 72% more often during times of prolonged distress.

Two more signings?! Are they having a fucking laugh or what?

A few current arguments seem to be:

• We’ve been shit for a lot of our history so rather than rally against it just accept it and stop being a slasher/bedwetter/critic.
  • Pigs are worse than us so we should be happy.
  • It will come good in the end (September being ‘the end’).
  • Don’t criticise the club if you’re a fan, just blindly clap along and eat the shit thrown at you.

Not sure I buy in to any of them. As a fan base we should be asking for more than we’re currently getting from the club.
👏🏼 absolutely.

The big difference is that in the pub the stupid ill thought out comment immediately disappears into the ether, it’s gone, someone says something else and the whole thing moves on.

You are, presumably, also sat with friends in the pub and you know them as multi faceted people with real lives that transcend something as trivial as football.

A comment on here doesn’t disappear, it remains there for all to see, and people judge the poster within the very narrow confines of their views on an aspect of the club without having any insight into the real person behind the comment.

I have friendships in real life with quite a few people on this forum. In many cases the person differs greatly from the forum persona. In a few cases if they were as they appear to be on here I wouldn’t want to be within a mile of them.

The point is, a forum is very different to a pub conversation.
I agree with you, but just normal posts like we are going down is the sort of comment you would say in the pub, he’s fucking wank him, is also the sort of comment you would say in the pub which is the point I’m trying to make but I do agree with you about internet personas on here.

But who really cares if a posters comments stay with them on here? People are taking this place far too seriously. This is “Discussion” forum of everything Sheffield United good or bad. The quicker people realise that the better because these posts and threads moaning about moaning are becoming frequent and pathetic if you ask me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Well the majority on here weren't happy with winning every week last season so maybe they just prefer to be negative
There are a small minority and maybe it’s just that you amplify their view in your mind because it opposes your own.

A post on here that I agree with gets a like and I move on, someone I disagree with I try to articulate why I disagree and it lives longer in the memory than the previous good post that I’d liked. Human nature I suppose.

Those saying we were shit last season are either WUM’s or proper miserable bastards. It doesn’t get much better as a Blade than last season (on the pitch).

My issue this season is that we seem to be doing the opposite of trying to give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up. I don’t accept that as the right course of action and I question it.

I’m not too far adrift of you.

But what I find tiresome is the small number of posters who will spin literally anything into a reason to attack the club. There’s rarely any thought behind it and they are usually completely wrong anyway. We all know who they are. I think they are fair game and, although this is probably a bit sad, and I’ll accept that, it can be amusing to trigger them, then sit back to watch the deluge of bullshit that results.
As I posted in response to Frank the Tank, the views we disagree with get amplified in our own mind. Some days I just can’t be arsed engaging, other days I feel like putting my point across. There are some absolute puddings on here though and I agree that some see the shit side of absolutely everything.

So we're 2 games in and some of you can't sleep. You're miserable, you're sobbing uncontrollably and you're acting like a bunch of fannies. We used to be known for our resilience, how 'fuck you, we're Blades' we were but now? Fucking hell, some of you were shitting the bed before a ball had been kicked, now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.

Thank fuck there was no internet when we went 16 games without a win. Thank fuck half you pussies weren't around back then, shame you're here now to be honest because you aren't the Blades I was brought up with.

Keyboard warriors? Not really, just a bunch of entitled cry babies. UTBFTP? Fuck me, town would be overrun with grunters if it was up to you lot.

Hear hear. I am steadfastly resisting the endless and tiresome negativity.

They are, but acceptance of your ceiling is the healthiest way to approach it.

I would imagine every young player aspires to play in the EPL. The vast majority won’t. They don’t give up the game. They settle for playing at the best level they can.

We know what our ceiling has been for the whole of our lifetimes. That’s where we currently are. We can wish for better than that but accept that it’s unlikely and not get ridiculously upset when it doesn’t happen.

In the meantime, I find enjoyment in the whole of the ride, no matter what league we’re in. It’s having the continuity of having the club to support and everything that goes with it that provides me with my enjoyment. The league that we are in matters, but nowhere near as much as having the thing that has been the ONLY constant in my life.

Maybe it’s an age thing.

Factual clapper. Worst kind imo…….

It felt like it

It’s all your fault Frank. If you weren’t bringing the odd moan to everyone’s attention several times a day it’d be Sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and sweet smelling pissed beds on here!

It’s all your fault Frank. If you weren’t bringing the odd moan to everyone’s attention several times a day it’d be Sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and sweet smelling pissed beds on here!
To be fair since we've actually had something to moan about I've been moaning with the best of them

My problem was if you can't enjoy a season like last season you certainly won't enjoy this one or 90 % of them

It’s arguable whether our ceiling really is artificially low.

“Bad” ownership is common throughout the leagues. It’s really not like running any other sort of business.

Of the similar clubs you have mentioned only 2 are currently in the EPL. Some are in L1. A couple will probably never get back to the EPL. A few of them have had far worse ownership than any of ours. It has become harder than ever to get to the EPL and stay there. It’s very illustrative of the rollercoaster nature of supporting a football club. I choose to embrace that aspect of it.

I also enjoy a strong season in the Championship, or even L1, far more than clinging on in the EPL and losing most weeks.

No issue with the rollercoaster, it’s the fact our highs are more comparable with Huddersfield, Bradford and Hull (couple of seasons and then done) than those clubs mentioned.

I love a good moan, a good celebration and optimism but some of the posts on here are polarising:
United are shit down, before a ball is kicked.
Need a new owner just sell. (Who to though not a consideration).
Spend money doesn't matter how much spend it.
X,Y,Z not good enough.
And some of the arguments are well put but the bit I don't like is "do not have an alternative opinion."

I have my optimistic head on now; United starting to gel and Haaland was wank yesterday, I haven't written off the next 3 points yet.

There are a small minority and maybe it’s just that you amplify their view in your mind because it opposes your own.

A post on here that I agree with gets a like and I move on, someone I disagree with I try to articulate why I disagree and it lives longer in the memory than the previous good post that I’d liked. Human nature I suppose.

Those saying we were shit last season are either WUM’s or proper miserable bastards. It doesn’t get much better as a Blade than last season (on the pitch).

My issue this season is that we seem to be doing the opposite of trying to give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up. I don’t accept that as the right course of action and I question it.
I think we are ,so far, giving us a chance, but the real measure comes in the next 10 days. If we can add just two quality players (3 or 4 would be nice) to what we have already recruited then we will stand a decent chance of holding our own

I think we are ,so far, giving us a chance, but the real measure comes in the next 10 days. If we can add just two quality players (3 or 4 would be nice) to what we have already recruited then we will stand a decent chance of holding our own
I think we could probably put a first XI out now that would compete, but we have too many decent players out injured and very little strength in depth.

IMO we desperately need a good LWB, CM to play with Hamer and Souza and a CF who can score goals in the PL with the right service.

That assumes Souza gets fit enough to play more than 50-60 mins each game.

We also need Baldock and McB fit.

Basically we’re only allowed to complain if we go to the wall like Bury, Chester etc.

If not just get on with it and accept the shit we’ve got to deal with.

We're gonna stay up on the last day. And we're gonna get a Penalty and former Everton midfielder Tom Davies is going to score it, which ultimately sends Everton down.

To say people didn't moan back then is a bit of a stretch, I think folk appreciated wed gone up 2 divisions in 2 seasons and Bassett was a god as despite the lack of help from upstairs (sound familiar) he got us up. I recall Bassett asking for 250k for hodges on the United documentary and Dooley laughing his bolllox off.

I remember singing one David Bassett when we lost 3-0 at Norwich.

But on the United documentary was full of old fuckers moaning it wasn't like the Currie era. I also recall at school and in pub before matches folk moaning about Jones, Marwood and Beeseley etc. Difference been no forum then.

Seriously we don’t need fans like you and watching United will bring you no joy as we’ll never achieve what you want us to. Best to part ways now. Otherwise enjoy the fact we’re starting our 4th season in the prem in nearly 30 years.
No we need more like that. More accountability, less being a brown nosing sheep willing to eat the shit thrown down by the superiors.

To say people didn't moan back then is a bit of a stretch, I think folk appreciated wed gone up 2 divisions in 2 seasons and Bassett was a god as despite the lack of help from upstairs (sound familiar) he got us up. I recall Bassett asking for 250k for hodges on the United documentary and Dooley laughing his bolllox off.

I remember singing one David Bassett when we lost 3-0 at Norwich.

But on the United documentary was full of old fuckers moaning it wasn't like the Currie era. I also recall at school and in pub before matches folk moaning about Jones, Marwood and Beeseley etc. Difference been no forum then.
And after 16 games in 1990-1, everyone - except Dave Bassett - thought we were going to be relegated. There seemed no hope at all after the Sunderland game.

And there was abuse at the time. The atmosphere in 1985-6 was toxic for most of the season. Much worse than anything since. It’s not a new phenomenon. Just the media is comes from is new.

And for some reason 2020-1 seems to have slipped the OPs memory.

And after 16 games in 1990-1, everyone - except Dave Bassett - thought we were going to be relegated. There seemed no hope at all after the Sunderland game.

And there was abuse at the time. The atmosphere in 1985-6 was toxic for most of the season. Much worse than anything since. It’s not a new phenomenon. Just the media is comes from is new.

We need a crowd to compete with big boys .makes up for lack of funds

In the 6 seasons either side of 20 21 we did fine

I was really young but I remember losing 2-1 at home to Blackburn in our Prem relegation season under Bassett and a big fight between pro and anti Bassett fans breaking out on the kop. I also remember similar happening the year Bassett left.

Back
Top Bottom