17 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maurice Maurice

Reaction score
So we're 2 games in and some of you can't sleep. You're miserable, you're sobbing uncontrollably and you're acting like a bunch of fannies. We used to be known for our resilience, how 'fuck you, we're Blades' we were but now? Fucking hell, some of you were shitting the bed before a ball had been kicked, now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.

Thank fuck there was no internet when we went 16 games without a win. Thank fuck half you pussies weren't around back then, shame you're here now to be honest because you aren't the Blades I was brought up with.

Keyboard warriors? Not really, just a bunch of entitled cry babies. UTBFTP? Fuck me, town would be overrun with grunters if it was up to you lot.

Anyhow, shouldn't you be more concerned about your team being winless and bottom of the league you're in.
Hi,

My team is Sheffield United. Ironically, many people here call me a Wednesday fan, and yet spend more time watching Wednesday and keeping up to date with them and following their forum than I do. Some posters here post more about Wednesday than they do Blades.

I've no idea how Wednesday are performing in the same way I have no idea how Blackpool or Crewe or Tranmere are performing. They're of no interest to me.

A few current arguments seem to be:

• We’ve been shit for a lot of our history so rather than rally against it just accept it and stop being a slasher/bedwetter/critic.
  • Pigs are worse than us so we should be happy.
  • It will come good in the end (September being ‘the end’).
  • Don’t criticise the club if you’re a fan, just blindly clap along and eat the shit thrown at you.

Not sure I buy in to any of them. As a fan base we should be asking for more than we’re currently getting from the club.

So we're 2 games in and some of you can't sleep. You're miserable, you're sobbing uncontrollably and you're acting like a bunch of fannies. We used to be known for our resilience, how 'fuck you, we're Blades' we were but now? Fucking hell, some of you were shitting the bed before a ball had been kicked, now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.

Thank fuck there was no internet when we went 16 games without a win. Thank fuck half you pussies weren't around back then, shame you're here now to be honest because you aren't the Blades I was brought up with.

Keyboard warriors? Not really, just a bunch of entitled cry babies. UTBFTP? Fuck me, town would be overrun with grunters if it was up to you lot.

Your memory is playing tricks if you think people weren’t moaning during that run in 1990. The Sunderland home game in particular was a dreadful atmosphere with boos throughout.

• We’ve been shit for a lot of our history so rather than rally against it just accept it and stop being a slasher/bedwetter/critic.
  • Don’t criticise the club if you’re a fan, just blindly clap along and eat the shit thrown at you.

Not sure I buy in to any of them. As a fan base we should be asking for more than we’re currently getting from the club.

Why don’t you buy the club then, etc etc. ;)

It’s not binary, you’re not just one or t’other etc. And I don’t think anyone would advocate giving anything less than 100% support for the players in the ground. But it’s fine to express concerns on here. I think we’d all agree we’ve got to try and break this ceiling of being an occasional Premier League day tripper, somehow.

Why?

So nobody moaned like fuck in 1991 on praise or grumble, in the pub, in the green un, in the snap room at work.
Of course they did, but it’s not easy to remember the bad stuff only the Forest match and what followed.

The game has changed vastly since then anyhow so it isn’t a fair comparison.

The gap is massive (pun intended)

This

Or let’s blindly and passively accept whatever’s going on , or isn’t , and hold no one accountable

What fkin nonsense the op writes

Aren’t striving to do better and being the best you can be, the basic principles of competitive sport?
They are, but acceptance of your ceiling is the healthiest way to approach it.

I would imagine every young player aspires to play in the EPL. The vast majority won’t. They don’t give up the game. They settle for playing at the best level they can.

We know what our ceiling has been for the whole of our lifetimes. That’s where we currently are. We can wish for better than that but accept that it’s unlikely and not get ridiculously upset when it doesn’t happen.

In the meantime, I find enjoyment in the whole of the ride, no matter what league we’re in. It’s having the continuity of having the club to support and everything that goes with it that provides me with my enjoyment. The league that we are in matters, but nowhere near as much as having the thing that has been the ONLY constant in my life.

Maybe it’s an age thing.

Why should we? The club has never had money to sign players. Remember “we ain’t got a barrel of money”. I don’t expect that to change any time soon. It could be a hell of a lot worse. We were spending our 6th year in league one not too long ago. Now we are in the premier league. Just enjoy the ride.

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
This

Or let’s blindly and passively accept whatever’s going on , or isn’t , and hold no one accountable

What fkin nonsense the op writes
If you don’t like it fuck off and support Man City then. Entitled prick

Less of the entitled

I’ll let the other stuff carry
Seriously we don’t need fans like you and watching United will bring you no joy as we’ll never achieve what you want us to. Best to part ways now. Otherwise enjoy the fact we’re starting our 4th season in the prem in nearly 30 years.

Seriously we don’t need fans like you and watching United will bring you no joy as we’ll never achieve what you want us to. Best to part ways now. Otherwise enjoy the fact we’re starting our 4th season in the prem in nearly 30 years.
😂😂👍

They are, but acceptance of your ceiling is the healthiest way to approach it.

I would imagine every young player aspires to play in the EPL. The vast majority won’t. They don’t give up the game. They settle for playing at the best level they can.

We know what our ceiling has been for the whole of our lifetimes. That’s where we currently are. We can wish for better than that but accept that it’s unlikely and not get ridiculously upset when it doesn’t happen.

In the meantime, I find enjoyment in the whole of the ride, no matter what league we’re in. It’s having the continuity of having the club to support and everything that goes with it that provides me with my enjoyment. The league that we are in matters, but nowhere near as much as having the thing that has been the ONLY constant in my life.

Maybe it’s an age thing.

I agree with an element of that, but our ceiling is artificially low - expectations dampened by generations of poor ownership.

The need to be competitive this season is more acute as it could open the door to a new investor with genuine resources. It could be transformative. And a little more operational competence could have seen us have a few more points on the board and closer to this happening.

Comparable sized clubs like QPR, Watford, Birmingham, Boro, Portsmouth, Leicester, Swansea, Derby, Burnley, Norwich, Stoke, Palace, Blackburn, Wigan have all had reasonable stints on the Premier League. A few have picked up a league cup trophy on the way.

No one is expecting us to storm to Europe, but just to punch our weight would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom