17 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So we're 2 games in and some of you can't sleep. You're miserable, you're sobbing uncontrollably and you're acting like a bunch of fannies. We used to be known for our resilience, how 'fuck you, we're Blades' we were but now? Fucking hell, some of you were shitting the bed before a ball had been kicked, now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.

Thank fuck there was no internet when we went 16 games without a win. Thank fuck half you pussies weren't around back then, shame you're here now to be honest because you aren't the Blades I was brought up with.

Keyboard warriors? Not really, just a bunch of entitled cry babies. UTBFTP? Fuck me, town would be overrun with grunters if it was up to you lot.

You and the rest if the Bigger Blades holding off the S6 hordes at the top of West Steet like the Spartans holding off the Persians at Thermopylae.

My hero šŸ˜‚

I agree with an element of that, but our ceiling is artificially low - expectations dampened by generations of poor ownership.

The need to be competitive this season is more acute as it could open the door to a new investor with genuine resources. It could be transformative. And a little more operational competence could have seen us have a few more points on the board and closer to this happening.

Comparable sized clubs like QPR, Watford, Birmingham, Boro, Portsmouth, Leicester, Swansea, Derby, Burnley, Norwich, Stoke, Palace, Blackburn, Wigan have all had reasonable stints on the Premier League. A few have picked up a league cup trophy on the way.

No one is expecting us to storm to Europe, but just to punch our weight would be nice.
Itā€™s arguable whether our ceiling really is artificially low.

ā€œBadā€ ownership is common throughout the leagues. Itā€™s really not like running any other sort of business.

Of the similar clubs you have mentioned only 2 are currently in the EPL. Some are in L1. A couple will probably never get back to the EPL. A few of them have had far worse ownership than any of ours. It has become harder than ever to get to the EPL and stay there. Itā€™s very illustrative of the rollercoaster nature of supporting a football club. I choose to embrace that aspect of it.

I also enjoy a strong season in the Championship, or even L1, far more than clinging on in the EPL and losing most weeks.

Itā€™s arguable whether our ceiling really is artificially low.

ā€œBadā€ ownership is common throughout the leagues. Itā€™s really not like running any other sort of business.

Of the similar clubs you have mentioned only 2 are currently in the EPL. Some are in L1. A couple will probably never get back to the EPL. A few of them have had far worse ownership than any of ours. It has become harder than ever to get to the EPL and stay there. Itā€™s very illustrative of the rollercoaster nature of supporting a football club. I choose to embrace that aspect of it.

I also enjoy a strong season in the Championship, or even L1, far more than clinging on in the EPL and losing most weeks.
I think you could replace everyone outside the top 6 or 7 in the PL with 13 Championship clubs and it wouldn't have a huge effect. 19/20 is pretty much the peak of achievement available to United.

Winning > Losing, regardless of division. Definitely agree with that.

Why should we? The club has never had money to sign players. Remember ā€œwe ainā€™t got a barrel of moneyā€. I donā€™t expect that to change any time soon. It could be a hell of a lot worse. We were spending our 6th year in league one not too long ago. Now we are in the premier league. Just enjoy the ride.
Letā€™s just accept the hand weā€™re dealt as ā€˜little old Sheffield Unitedā€™ then and be happy with being plucky underdogs against the likes of Notts fucking Forest šŸ‘šŸ¼

This

Or letā€™s blindly and passively accept whateverā€™s going on , or isnā€™t , and hold no one accountable

What fkin nonsense the op writes
How do you suggest that the fans can realistically hold anyone accountable when one person owns the club ?
We can complain and shout ā€œsack the Boardā€ but the reality is that we note what signings are made, support those that take to the pitch and hope that we see performances of a standard that makes us proud to be Blades.

Great post, just missing a ā€œI wouldnā€™t want to be in the trenches with youā€ and it wouldā€™ve been golden.

Spoiler alert, people are allowed to be unhappy.
..you can be unhappy but please donā€™t strive to make others unhappy too !

Why not strive to be more than we currently are?!
Nothing wrong with that at all as long as we donā€™t lose our shit if it doesnā€™t happen. Because thatā€™s actually insane.

Of course, people can choose to do that if they wish. Equally, others are free to choose not to and to hold an opinion of those that do.

Nothing wrong with that at all as long as we donā€™t lose our shit if it doesnā€™t happen. Because thatā€™s actually insane.

Of course, people can choose to do that if they wish. Equally, others are free to choose not to and to hold an opinion of those that do.
I wouldnā€™t lose my shit, I just find this very binary debate of either being a shit eater or a bedwetter a bit tiresome, it seems to be people on the shit eating side who lose their shit when people dare question whatā€™s actually going on and why. Like a weird blind faith thing.

Iā€™m a bit of both, I support the club and accept we are where we are but think we should be acting a lot more like a PL club and not a plucky little underdog constantly.

..you can be unhappy but please donā€™t strive to make others unhappy too !
No-one is striving to make anyone else unhappy by posting their views on Sheffield United on this forum.

pressures off next weekend when we clobber debreune less citeh who struggled to only score 1 v toon

there for the taking , our 2 brazilian samba men will be bedded in another week

see,,,, no pressure at all, just positive thinking

I wouldnā€™t lose my shit, I just find this very binary debate of either being a shit eater or a bedwetter a bit tiresome, it seems to be people on the shit eating side who lose their shit when people dare question whatā€™s actually going on and why. Like a weird blind faith thing.

Iā€™m a bit of both, I support the club and accept we are where we are but think we should be acting a lot more like a PL club and not a plucky little underdog constantly.
Iā€™m not too far adrift of you.

But what I find tiresome is the small number of posters who will spin literally anything into a reason to attack the club. Thereā€™s rarely any thought behind it and they are usually completely wrong anyway. We all know who they are. I think they are fair game and, although this is probably a bit sad, and Iā€™ll accept that, it can be amusing to trigger them, then sit back to watch the deluge of bullshit that results.

Letā€™s just accept the hand weā€™re dealt as ā€˜little old Sheffield Unitedā€™ then and be happy with being plucky underdogs against the likes of Notts fucking Forest šŸ‘šŸ¼
Well the majority on here weren't happy with winning every week last season so maybe they just prefer to be negative

Iā€™m not too far adrift of you.

But what I find tiresome is the small number of posters who will spin literally anything into a reason to attack the club. Thereā€™s rarely any thought behind it and they are usually completely wrong anyway. We all know who they are. I think they are fair game and, although this is probably a bit sad, and Iā€™ll accept that, it can be amusing to trigger them, then sit back to watch the deluge of bullshit that results.
Things are bad no doubting that but let's be honest quite a few on here prefer it like that
Like flys round shit
even the problens we have now arent enough for them they have to extrapolate them into new ones based on nothing other than doomsday s enarios and the fabled blades way

Isn't it just tiresome.

The condescending approach some have is laughable. If they have no ambition for the club, that's fine by me. However, I don't see any problem in wanting the club to achieve its potential.

The idea that we've done little in decades so should just accept that seems a bit defeatist to me.

I doubt anyone expects a sustained period of success but trying to achieve that one day in the sun in a lifetime shouldn't be seen as being entitled.

As has been stated, this stuff isn't binary. I've seen some comments criticising the club recently that I've thought were nonsense but I think being frustrated or questioning our preparation this summer is reasonable.

The most ridiculous suggestion of all is that to be a proper true biggest bestest Blade, you must not complain or question things.

Isn't it just tiresome.

The condescending approach some have is laughable. If they have no ambition for the club, that's fine by me. However, I don't see any problem in wanting the club to achieve its potential.

The idea that we've done little in decades so should just accept that seems a bit defeatist to me.

I doubt anyone expects a sustained period of success but trying to achieve that one day in the sun in a lifetime shouldn't be seen as being entitled.

As has been stated, this stuff isn't binary. I've seen some comments criticising the club recently that I've thought were nonsense but I think being frustrated or questioning our preparation this summer is reasonable.

The most ridiculous suggestion of all is that to be a proper true biggest bestest Blade, you must not complain or question things.
This post is a case in point
Often the most negative posters take a few defeats and chaos around the club as a comfort blanket and see themselves as warriors for truth and justice

We told you all last season we were shit when we were winning but you happy clappers wouldn't listen

Isn't it just tiresome.

What counts is how dissatisfactions are articulated. Quite a lot of what we see on here is really stupid. Itā€™s entirely fair to call that out.

What counts is how dissatisfactions are articulated. Quite a lot of what we see on here is really stupid. Itā€™s entirely fair to call that out.
Yeah cos that's exactly what the OP is doing

So we're 2 games in and some of you can't sleep. You're miserable, you're sobbing uncontrollably and you're acting like a bunch of fannies. We used to be known for our resilience, how 'fuck you, we're Blades' we were but now? Fucking hell, some of you were shitting the bed before a ball had been kicked, now we're two defeats in you're inconsolable, you're weeping and wailing, kicking the cat, cut down the wanking to 2 a week and you're so, so sad.

Thank fuck there was no internet when we went 16 games without a win. Thank fuck half you pussies weren't around back then, shame you're here now to be honest because you aren't the Blades I was brought up with.

Keyboard warriors? Not really, just a bunch of entitled cry babies. UTBFTP? Fuck me, town would be overrun with grunters if it was up to you lot.

Best not to post at 2:59 am when you've had a few bevvies

Yeah cos that's exactly what the OP is doing
I havenā€™t commented on the OP. I find it a bit over the top, actually. I imagine strong liquor had been taken. Although I can understand his frustration.

But yes, I agree with you, I donā€™t advocate a North Korean style absence of criticism or dissatisfaction. The club obviously gets things wrong. As does every single person Iā€™ve ever met. Constructive criticism is fine. Constant doom & gloom, unjustified criticism and kicking the club for everything like a broken record arenā€™t. If people choose to do that they canā€™t complain if they are judged on it.

You know when your sat in the pub with pals and someone goes, heā€™s wank him, what kind of fucking tackle was that! Should have subbed him off, howā€™s he missed that! Heā€™s garbage, managers clueless with those subs, we will go down if we are not careful etc etc etcā€¦ And I mean saying things like that from the year dot not just for this team, every single person on this forum has done it, every single fan has done it and will continue to do it, why? Itā€™s because what football fans do, they give their opinion. But what I have always wondered is when your with your pals and you give you opinion over a pint no one comes out with the shite written on here, no one. Yes there is always difference of opinions but nothing like the shite essays written on here about bedwetting, negativity and what not.

Btw Iā€™m positive about the team and chances of staying up, couple more quality signings and I can really see us staying up, But, everyone is entitled to their opinion, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t support the team and get behind them at the match but what all the posters who do the moaning posts and threads on the subject of bedwetting/negativity donā€™t realise that in this day and age this forum is the pub, to vent over a few cyber pints so get used to it ffs. If there is negative posts read them and move on, or discuss why you think they are wrong, itā€™s not hard.

You know when your sat in the pub with pals and someone goes, heā€™s wank him, what kind of fucking tackle was that! Should have subbed him off, howā€™s he missed that! Heā€™s garbage, managers clueless with those subs, we will go down if we are not careful etc etc etcā€¦ And I mean saying things like that from the year dot not just for this team, every single person on this forum has done it, every single fan has done it and will continue to do it, why? Itā€™s because what football fans do, they give their opinion. But what I have always wondered is when your with your pals and you give you opinion over a pint no one comes out with the shite written on here, no one. Yes there is always difference of opinions but nothing like the shite essays written on here about bedwetting, negativity and what not.

Btw Iā€™m positive about the team and chances of staying up, couple more quality signings and I can really see us staying up, But, everyone is entitled to their opinion, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t support the team and get behind them at the match but what all the posters who do the moaning posts and threads on the subject of bedwetting/negativity donā€™t realise that in this day and age this forum is the pub, to vent over a few cyber pints so get used to it ffs. If there is negative posts read them and move on, or discuss why you think they are wrong, itā€™s not hard.
The big difference is that in the pub the stupid ill thought out comment immediately disappears into the ether, itā€™s gone, someone says something else and the whole thing moves on.

You are, presumably, also sat with friends in the pub and you know them as multi faceted people with real lives that transcend something as trivial as football.

A comment on here doesnā€™t disappear, it remains there for all to see, and people judge the poster within the very narrow confines of their views on an aspect of the club without having any insight into the real person behind the comment.

I have friendships in real life with quite a few people on this forum. In many cases the person differs greatly from the forum persona. In a few cases if they were as they appear to be on here I wouldnā€™t want to be within a mile of them.

The point is, a forum is very different to a pub conversation.

fans should learn from the attitude a pro footballer takes , yes we lost but we deserved something, lets get on to the next game and hope the late goal is in our favour, the references to something that went wrong years ago dont apply. I get taken to task for relating good previous results in our favour and get told they arent relevant.
its a bit galling when the current staff get hammered to say its like one thing MCCABE got wrong or a decision or Warnock made years ago is deemed relevant in their opinion ,

weird little man, it's a football forum.

Rude

Back
Top Bottom