Yids in your end....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rayyid1

Reaction score
missed out on a ticket tonight and I know loads went up there, read yr clubs statement in regards to yids having tickets in yr end, did you lot see any?

Yids

dunno what you're getting at but you need to chuck your beanie hat away and untie your scarf from your wrist...

we like our dinosaurs in the soil...

I think it was all mostly exaggerated fan/forum/paper talk really. It becomes obvious at the Lane when that happens, and there were no signs of it anywhere in the ground (that I noticed anyway). Not aware of any real bother anywhere actually - others may know different...

I think it was all mostly exaggerated fan/forum/paper talk really. It becomes obvious at the Lane when that happens, and there were no signs of it anywhere in the ground (that I noticed anyway). Not aware of any real bother anywhere actually - others may know different...

Only bother was after the game, having to walk half a mile extra around the unnecessary "ring of steel". What a waste of time and money!

dunno what you're getting at but you need to chuck your beanie hat away and untie your scarf from your wrist...

we like our dinosaurs in the soil...
Did you not read yr clubs statement?

Yids

SYP here.. Could all home fans please walk toward the city centre with the away fans instead of heading off in their own directions way from the lane. This will minimise disruptions in other immediate areas and make sure once 100 yards away from the ground fans from both sides will not be hostile.
Fuck off what a shit tactic. Not only do they insist on taking revenue away from the club by segregating a perfectly habitable area, they disrupt our travel plans and intimidate our less intimidated fans.
They need to get a grip, the Hillsborough disaster was more than 20 years ago, in a different era and has already ruined football for a majority of the world. Let's be sensible and realise it isn't going to happen again and we dont have to take silly precautions to avoid it in the future.

I didn't see any, although it was funny how many people tried to sniff out a southerner in the area when you scored (a cracking goal) the first. But no, no yids in g block.

I must admit I'm glad as I don't like mindless parochial violence but it tickles me how wound up people get.

I didn't see any, although it was funny how many people tried to sniff out a southerner in the area when you scored (a cracking goal) the first. But no, no yids in g block.

I must admit I'm glad as I don't like mindless parochial violence but it tickles me how wound up people get.

Particularly Rayyid, who claims to have been following Spurs for thirty years but sounds about 14.

His team have just got to a Wembley final and the thing that interests him most is whether there were any Spurs fans in with Blades' fans and gets all incredulous because he doesn't get the kind of answer he was hoping for, bless him.

Only bother was after the game, having to walk half a mile extra around the unnecessary "ring of steel". What a waste of time and money!
The ring of steel was supplemented with a ring of SPG blocking off all side road access to Bramall Lane before the game but the police at the Cherry Street end clearly hadn't read their briefing notes and were happily letting Blades fans walk down Bramall Lane from their end. Seemed like a good idea, as we wanted to get to the John Street / Bramall Lane junction, but the SPG knew best - it was very unpleasant at the John Street junction, with a large number of Spurs fans spoiling for a fight and trying to break through the police line to get down John Street.

the police were a fucking disgrace last night. they hadnt got a clue and evidently havent learnt anything in the last 26 years on how to control fans. just treated everybody like thugs

Particularly Rayyid, who claims to have been following Spurs for thirty years but sounds about 14.

His team have just got to a Wembley final and the thing that interests him most is whether there were any Spurs fans in with Blades' fans and gets all incredulous because he doesn't get the kind of answer he was hoping for, bless him.
Here we go, mate, I was aware of your clubs statement in regards to tottenham fans having bought tickets in your end, in regards to 'sounds about 14' where does that come in? Things that interest him most? Answers I wanted to hear? If you read my previous posts not once did I say I have been following Spurs for 30 years, (40 years if you really wanna know) tottenham born and bred, I can bite back and stoop down to your level but I wont, majority on here have given me a warm welcome as I feel my posts are decent, considering.

Yids

Here we go, mate, I was aware of your clubs statement in regards to tottenham fans having bought tickets in your end, in regards to 'sounds about 14' where does that come in? Things that interest him most? Answers I wanted to hear? If you read my previous posts not once did I say I have been following Spurs for 30 years, (40 years if you really wanna know) tottenham born and bred, I can bite back and stoop down to your level but I wont, majority on here have given me a warm welcome as I feel my posts are decent, considering.

Yids

This is what you posted last Friday:-

"Curious to know what you lot think of mobs in the premier, who have you come across, who do rate etc... I know for sure you lot can pull a good mob together and Wednesday can't even come close, cheers for the warm welcome to your forum by the way."

If you think that's a decent post, we'll agree to differ, that's the kind of thing that wannabe teenagers ask, I'm amazed that somebody of your age hasn't grown out of it and is still interested in that kind of stuff. You did get a gentle warning and nobody bit, mainly because it isn't that kind of forum.

I'm very happy with the level I post at and not that it's my area of influence, most of what's been posted by your fellow yids has been in the right spirit, just my opinion like.

This is what you posted last Friday:-

"Curious to know what you lot think of mobs in the premier, who have you come across, who do rate etc... I know for sure you lot can pull a good mob together and Wednesday can't even come close, cheers for the warm welcome to your forum by the way."

If you think that's a decent post, we'll agree to differ, that's the kind of thing that wannabe teenagers ask, I'm amazed that somebody of your age hasn't grown out of it and is still interested in that kind of stuff. You did get a gentle warning and nobody bit, mainly because it isn't that kind of forum.

I'm very happy with the level I post at and not that it's my area of influence, most of what's been posted by your fellow yids has been in the right spirit, just my opinion like.

Do you think he sits at the top table?

I want a demographic breakdown of actual yids to plastic yids. And if there are more plastic yids what sort of criteria (apart from supporting Spurs) does it require to take on the mantle of yid-for-life? Do you need to live in Golder's Green, have a semblance of yidology, or just get by on yid slang?

No and you would have heard them ,why cant Cockneys talk instead of shouting. Look at me look at me , Im really facking loud.
A small point I know but North Londoners are not cockneys. They are still loud and say facking. So do I, but I can't help being a suvverner :(

I believe a cockney is some one who was born within the sound of Bow Bell? A Yid should only be someone of Yiddish origin, a jewish person.

I suspect a very small percentage of Spurs fans there last night fit either criteria. They probably all came from Harlow or some such place.

HH

I remember my dad telling me off for referring to Spurs fans as 'Yids' when I was a kid. They called themselves that all the time but my dad said that was neither here nor there, it was racist or summat.

I believe a cockney is some one who was born within the sound of Bow Bell? A Yid should only be someone of Yiddish origin, a jewish person.

I suspect a very small percentage of Spurs fans there last night fit either criteria. They probably all came from Harlow or some such place.

HH

I'm sure Swiss noticed it (probably sold it!) but there was a Spurs fan shown on TV sporting a lovely half and half scarf last night where the "A" in Tottenham was actually a Star of David. Very bizarre really! Not sure what was more horrific, the mere fact it was half and half or the bizarre use of the symbol.

Oh, and the scarf was upside down. The twat.

As for the term "Yid" it does indeed refers to someone of Yiddish origin. It actually started as a term of abuse used in Russia towards Jews during the progroms osme 100+ years ago which is why some find it offensive. I'm Jewish and don't find it offensive when used to refer to Spurs fans. Perhaps Spurs fans do, but as levels of Anti-Semitism go in this country I find it pretty irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom