Gone Elsewhere Stevie May

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AgaMonkey

Groucho Marxist Anarchist
Reaction score
Posters on BM saying that we're "preparing a bid" for Stevie May.
Anyone on here heard owt?
I'd be impressed if we could sign him, especially as a host of other clubs will be after him, including Hull.

Who? Not another cheap option who may or may not come off, surely.

We desperately need a proven goalscorer - it will cost a bit more but that's game changing for you.

He's scored 72 goals in 105 matches the past three seasons, at gradually better levels.

I like the look of him, from that video he looks strong, can hold the ball and turn his man. He doesn't seem overly pacey, but looks to have the ability to run at players and hold off a challenge but importantly can get in front of his man and finish.

Obviously even compared to league 1 the standard of defenders in that video is pretty poor, he was getting a lot of time on the ball in the box without being challenged. If he can do that in league one then a player like him could cause a lot of problems for teams

Might sound daft, but I'd like to see some of his misses to see how often he tries the greedy effort and misses when there we better options in the middle.

Who? Not another cheap option who may or may not come off, surely.

We desperately need a proven goalscorer - it will cost a bit more but that's game changing for you.

He won't be cheap. Strong runner with great movement and would suit us. Hopefully the scots can lead a hand in persuading him

Lot of clubs looking at this lad, including Championship and I believe Hull! Will anyone take 'the chance' though?
IMO, this would be a great signing and he would fit in with what Nigel's trying to do here. It's a gamble but would we prefer O'Grady or Sharp to this lad?

Maybe..?

This would be a very good signing for this level, as mentioned there are people in the higher leagues looking at him. We should take a chance, he's the right age and been scoring goals consistently.

Bonnie Scotland, bonnie Scotland, we'll support you evermore, we'll support you ever more

Just practising for next season

I have to laugh at those who say 'who?'. If you follow football generally then surely you've seen Stevie May's name crop up as a goalscorer at a level where we've done some shopping. Bit of football snobbery at work with some of the commentators on here.
Alternatively some of us don't get time to follow all the leagues in England and Scotland

He won't be cheap. Strong runner with great movement and would suit us. Hopefully the scots can lead a hand in persuading him

I agree, he looks strong, if a bit overweight, and on the basis of the handpicked excerpts on the video, looks a good finisher. His goal record in Scotland is good but so was Lyle Taylor's. Based upon the interview with the young supporter he seems a nice lad too, which will please Mr Clough.

As far as his hair is concerned, what the bloody hell does it matter? it's a striker we're looking for not a male model for Freeman's Catalogue.. If he started banging goals the fans would soon be wearing Stevie May wigs!

In Nigel we trust.

He'd be a god signing and one i'd be happy with but are we going to really pay the £1 million (or around that mark) squid they'd be looking for? Hmm i don't know.

Didn't he come on for Scotland v England the last time we played?

Or am I getting mixed up with the U21's?

Didn't he come on for Scotland v England the last time we played?

Or am I getting mixed up with the U21's?
Don't think he has a full cap yet. He player for the u21s in the last game when Scougs came on as sub. Got battered by the Dutch but May did at least score.

Think I must have seen him in the drubbing his U21's side took v England U21's. He looked one of the better scots when he came on.

Gotta sign him just for his hair.

Who was the last blades player to have a ponytail? I can't think of one

I'm more impressed by his weird bird man celebration than a bit of a barnet

Gotta sign him just for his hair.

Who was the last blades player to have a ponytail? I can't think of one

Did Maxime Chanot have one or was his hair just long? Foxy would know. Anyway, just for him, Maxime is now shorn, buff, inked and shirtless :D

screenshot-luxemburg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom