Shaun Barker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The injury is a worry but we can't lose can we. If anything like he was before the injury he will be more than good enough in this league. A real leader too.

Just been" talking " with a "Facebook" derby supporting friend and he says if he gets back to fitness and form he will be a star for us but it needs to be quick only 15 games to go :D

As cover or to replace someone who is suspended/injured, or maybe to add a little competition. At 6'3" might even be another choice for matches where height is important.
He also ticks some of the essential boxes too:
Been injured
Played for Clough before (known quantity/quality)
Of seemingly good character
If he is fit again, might be worth a gamble

As cover or to replace someone who is suspended/injured, or maybe to add a little competition. At 6'3" might even be another choice for matches where height is important.
He also ticks some of the essential boxes too:
Been injured
Played for Clough before (known quantity/quality)
Of seemingly good character
If he is fit again, might be worth a gamble

Excellent player and although 32 , he is a commanding player and a leader . Definitely worth a punt . Players injuries when serious are always a problem and a risk . I think the issue with Wallace puts a doubt in us fans minds , as we are not a extension of a A and E department . (Wallace injuries always seem to be different and unrelated to each other . Just bad luck for the fella,)

IMO , if Shaun Barker does the business in the trials , then who better than Mr Clough and staff , to make a decision . If he does ok , sentiment may or may not come into it with him being a Clough old boy , but age / experience could certainly help young Terry on the pitch .

Could be another Morgan or that bloke Butler . If any good , snap him up with a contact until the end of the season.

UTB

Embarrassing.
Derby. (FFS how many good players can they reject whilst doing better than ever!)
Crippled for 3 years.
Lasted the first half and looked 'out of touch'

http://www.ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk/

What's the problem with Clough helping out by giving some rehab time to a guy who was his captain at Derby in an U21 game? You picked up the negative, ignored the positive and missed the point 'hope we helped him a little bit'.

What's the problem with Clough helping out by giving some rehab time to a guy who was his captain at Derby in an U21 game? You picked up the negative, ignored the positive and missed the point 'hope we helped him a little bit'.

Think that's all it is, favour for a former player. If he came out and said' I think Shaun can do a job for us in the run-in' the we'd have reason to worry but that's clearly not the case.

Think that's all it is, favour for a former player. If he came out and said' I think Shaun can do a job for us in the run-in' the we'd have reason to worry but that's clearly not the case.
why not chimmerney if he proves his fitness to have him on loan for rest of season could possibly a usefull defender with his experience and 6ft 3ins gives us some height which is badly missing we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance every body keeps challenging cloughy but he will not give him a start unless barker is up to it trust cloughy! he,s accepted the fact we are short of height ,at 32 barker if he can find his fitness would also be useful next season, his contract is probably up at the end of this season lets see what developes.

why not chimmerney if he proves his fitness to have him on loan for rest of season could possibly a usefull defender with his experience and 6ft 3ins gives us some height which is badly missing we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance every body keeps challenging cloughy but he will not give him a start unless barker is up to it trust cloughy! he,s accepted the fact we are short of height ,at 32 barker if he can find his fitness would also be useful next season, his contract is probably up at the end of this season lets see what developes.

I don't recall saying it was a ridiculous potential 'transfer' nor that Clough doesn't know what he's doing ! I'm just suggesting that he's here for a bit of rehab initially, a favour from a former manager. If he proves himself then fine but you don't get match fit after 2 1/2 years out in a matter of weeks so I don't think he'll be anywhere near playing this season.

Why jeopardise our fine record at defending and converting set pieces - far too tall and I bet he can't understand scottish - in any case the two treatment tables are reserved for Higgy and Sicknote.

Surely ..... surely, with the resources we now have at this Club, we could bring in a third treatment table !!

My goodness, are we still such cheapskates ??

As you say, with our fine, solid defensive record and our prowess at both defending and attacking corners / free kicks, I really just cannot see why we're considering bringing in an imposing centre half ?? !!! :rolleyes:
UTB & FTP

Wouldn't entirely disagree with the beer blogger, but then again wouldn't entirely agree.

I thought Barker did well enough, although it can be argued that he perhaps should have stepped up for the first goal and that in decision allowed the forest lad in and to finish nicely. Don't think there is anything more in this apart from helping the lad with his rehabilitation.

That said, although lasting only 45 minute, he looked the pick of the trialists. Adam Drury went awol a few times and the lad up front Shirdal have to agree looked well below the standard required.

Plenty of huffing and puffing, but lacked any punch up front, against a Forest side who are top of the table. We had one good opportunity with the wind in the first half, whereafter controlling the ball well, Shirdal shanked his shot horribly wide. Our best period was arguably against the wind in the second half with Dimaio being combatitive in midfield but we still rarely threatened.

Unfortunately, the second goal finished the game, a corner which we failed to deal with at the near post culminating in the unsuspecting Willis appearing to be taken by surprise and shinning the ball into the net.

What disappointed me most, was forgetting that Cuvelier was actually on the pitch...

Another old pals act is Clough purposely trying to humiliate us FFS

Back
Top Bottom