Will Newcastle's result tonight make us feel a bit better?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Our players should hang their heads in shame creating the worse kind of records giving us the worse result (scoreline wise) in 134 years.
There's no way you should be playing rival teams in the same league and accepting that because they are a lot better, then it's OK to stop trying and concede loads of goals. If we accept Newcastle are a top side (which they are) then we might have to accept a 0-3 defeat at home but losing 0-8 is ridiculous.
Really don't think many league 2 sides would lose 0-8 at home to Newcastle
and to think if it wasn't for some great saves by Fodderingham, could easily have been 0-10 or 0-11.

Let's hope it's the shame that motivates them but there was little sign of it next match against West Ham.
Now they have another chance to make amends against a low on cofidence Fulham team.

Last edited:
After watching most champs league game highlights it reminded me how bad our off the ball play and movement is. Even Celtic looked good against Lazio and were unlucky to lose.

Doesn't particularly cheer me up. Just a reminder that success these days at the top levels requires a morally dubious benefactor with bottomless pockets. When Newcastle inevitably win the title some time in the next few seasons it won't have any kind of fairytale quality to it, just grim inevitability. Give it 5-10 years and the Toon/Man City axis will have made the division about as competitive as the SPL, with the only thing likely to shake that up being one of the old 'big 4' getting sold to Qatar or China.

If anything makes them feel better about getting smashed 8-0 at home they’re in the wrong sport
Totally this

I’ll never feel better about it

Doesn't particularly cheer me up. Just a reminder that success these days at the top levels requires a morally dubious benefactor with bottomless pockets. When Newcastle inevitably win the title some time in the next few seasons it won't have any kind of fairytale quality to it, just grim inevitability. Give it 5-10 years and the Toon/Man City axis will have made the division about as competitive as the SPL, with the only thing likely to shake that up being one of the old 'big 4' getting sold to Qatar or China.
absolutely spot on eddie howe is a top top young manager but like pep at city hes got an open saudi chequebook and this is the modern day premier league which will lead imo to a european super league within the next 10 years

Once the middle eastern leagues are more stable and established, and all the best young and older talent play there, the oil owners from there that ATM own English teams and other European teams will close up and return home.
At this point the TVs money will dry up, and many clubs will go to the wall.
Then hopefully the English game will reset with Football becoming a sport again instead of just a plaything for the insanely rich.
You heard it here first. 😂

I hope it goes some way to alleviate the spirits of the players!

No, not really… It still breaks my heart to see my team capitulate in that way…Newcastle are a fantastic team, but I would expect any Premier league outfit to give PSG a good game….As we’ve found out to our cost, the speed and intensity of the Prem is phenomenal. But a high tide raises all ships and if by a miracle we survive this season…It will improve us immeasurably.

It is never acceptable for a team of players to basically just give up. That is not acting any sporting event be that the champions league final or a Sunday league game. What the United team did against Newcastle was shameful (a couple of them given exemption passes). They should have been (and probably still be) thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I can't take losing, sometimes even heavily, I I find it hard to stomach watching a United team just give up. Inexcusable and I'm still really annoyed with the fuckers 2 weeks later. If you lose by 8 goals at home to a team in your league then clearly you haven't been very professional.

It is never acceptable for a team of players to basically just give up. That is not acting any sporting event be that the champions league final or a Sunday league game. What the United team did against Newcastle was shameful (a couple of them given exemption passes). They should have been (and probably still be) thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I can't take losing, sometimes even heavily, I I find it hard to stomach watching a United team just give up. Inexcusable and I'm still really annoyed with the fuckers 2 weeks later. If you lose by 8 goals at home to a team in your league then clearly you haven't been very professional.
I’ve had an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since that Newcastle debacle…

Though I had to smile when Gordon put a similar fair tackle in to Robinson's and was penalised, much to his annoyance. Don't think he was booked though.
Not ok for opponents but ok for us I suppose he thought.

Once the middle eastern leagues are more stable and established, and all the best young and older talent play there, the oil owners from there that ATM own English teams and other European teams will close up and return home.
At this point the TVs money will dry up, and many clubs will go to the wall.
Then hopefully the English game will reset with Football becoming a sport again instead of just a plaything for the insanely rich.
You heard it here first. 😂
I think it's already begun and I hope it continues to grow very very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom