Billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember letters the the Green Un back in the day arguing we should drop Keith Edwards as he was too selfish, and Brian Deane as he made our play too predicatable.

We don't seem to appreciate goal scorers, perhaps that's why they all leave.

I will just repost a question I asked when Sharp was getting all the stick.

"How many other teams in this division would take Billy Sharp if he was made available tomorrow?"

In fact will answer it for you as well.... "23 of them"

We're doing great, Billy's on fire, everyone's up for it...

Who gives a toss about criticism of Billy from months back.

What was Lavery like when he came on, given Dones poor goalscoring form, it must be worth giving Lavery ago.

Billy isn't and wasn't a problem, he'll always score at this level and should be the first name on the team sheet IMO.

If we do have a concern, I think it's finding another striker who can chip in with goals on a regular basis.

Billy isn't and wasn't a problem, he'll always score at this level and should be the first name on the team sheet IMO.

If we do have a concern, I think it's finding another striker who can chip in with goals on a regular basis.

it would be nice if the midfield could get some goals

Watched the last two games (before today), where I thought Billy looked sharper and more determined, matching the motivation he showed last season. Although he didn't score against Port Vale, his general performance was a definite step in the right direction. Four goals in the last two shows he's capable of scoring when he's at his best.

Before this he had been in mediocre form, also showed by his goal rate from open play, i.e. penalties excepted. I don't think he was delighted with 3 from 13 starts either. I didn't agree with those who said Sharp's performances were irrelevant, that he was only in the team to finish off chances set up by others. Quite simply, he had to improve.

I think the defeat in the Trophy cup vs Walsall showed us that we weren't anything special unless our attitude is spot on. Despite our unbeaten run, a few of our performances were very average, as Wilder also admitted. But we seem to have used the 11-day break well and we've looked far stronger as a unit, pressing and counter attacking a lot better since. The style of football vs Port Vale and Shrewsbury was similar how it was described at Northampton under Wilder. I think Sharp has also used the break well, realising perhaps that he can't get away with 95% effort and determination.

Is the first time he has scored twice in game for 2 years? Time to click into 4th Billy or you're going to cost us promotion again :(

Back
Top Bottom