The next 24 hours - PA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

steve26272

Reaction score
Prince, sadly yes, that time has come

Put a call into Hecky and tell him to get the lads in for training tomorrow at 10am, and himself in for 945am

Get a flight over here, and be the man to greet him - walk into his office, give him a hug, shake his hand for saving the club and promotion last year

Then write him out his cheque and help him put his belongings in a box

Get the players in the car park, and ensure they see their now sacked ex boss load his car and drive off for the last time

Now give them a box and say they have 2 hours to whip together enough money from their inflated wages to refund all fans who travelled to Turf Moor

Losing against 2 of your relegation rivals 8-1 in a week is a dismissible offence in its own right

Starting a midfield of Fleck and Norwood is incompetent and a dereliction of duty

As a Blade you accept defeat, and usually with sarcasm of gallows humour, but I cant recall a time where Ive ever been actually embarrassed to wear the badge

I imagine this evening, he’ll be very much regretting giving Hecky a five year contract.

With three years left, you’d imagine any mutually agreeable settlement fee, would be somewhere in the region of Wilders alleged pay off.

For that reason, I think he’ll be here for at least a couple more seasons ☹️

I imagine this evening, he’ll be very much regretting giving Hecky a five year contract.

With three years left, you’d imagine any mutually agreeable settlement fee, would be somewhere in the region of Wilders alleged pay off.

You must think the Prince is extremely dumb if you think he gave a U21 coach a 5 year deal with no pre determined pay off fee if it didn’t go well and he wanted rid.

Again, what is with this overinflated severance quote??.. He's on a £1m a year contract and he's 2 years into it. A maximum of £3m would be the full amount, however despite the long contract, I don't expect the prince to have not put clauses in after the whole Wilder thing.

Again, what is with this overinflated severance quote??.. He's on a £1m a year contract and he's 2 years into it. A maximum of £3m would be the full amount, however despite the long contract, I don't expect the prince to have not put clauses in after the whole Wilder thing.

Where we getting £3m from?!

Simple logic, but £1m a year and 3 years remaining. So that should be an utter maximum.... PA learnt a shitload from the Wilder stuff and despite a long contract, he will have ensured that he protected himself when appointing Hecky on long terms.

I mean where will we get £3m from. We have no munneh

Reminds me of fools and horses where Del says, yeah but my brother Rodney put a clause in the contract for Tony Angelino... Rodney says I didn't I just sweep up and make tea.

Pretty sure in 2023 there'll be release clauses that mean we don't have to pay him the full contract. 4 points in December surely triggers a token payment as we cancel the contract? If not i want a job as contract negotiator...

Think it had to be a 5 year contract.

He lives local and was on a 5 year contract, giving him a very secure, enjoyable, rewarding job for 5 years.
So if United offer him a pay rise as manager but cut it down to 2 or 3 years, then he'll reject it.

So we allowed him to continue with the same length and security as per his previous contract and just upped his wages.

If wendies could afford to oust Moore I'm sure we can make Hecky a pay off
Failing that keep him on in a scouting position in Siberia and Alaska

He had to give him a 5 year deal, he was on the same duration as head of academy and there was mention of a rule that he couldn’t be promoted and given a shorter term contract.

You must think the Prince is extremely dumb if you think he gave a U21 coach a 5 year deal with no pre determined pay off fee if it didn’t go well and he wanted rid.
Well yes, but on a five year deal, what sort of figure do you think they might have agreed upon?

I went to Turf Moor and I don’t want any money back. In fact I want to pay again.

Doubt it. Hecky was the cheap option.

Well yes, but on a five year deal, what sort of figure do you think they might have agreed upon?
Well seeing as Hecky had been somewhat of a failure as a manager and probably thought the chances of him ever managing again was slim hence him taking a job as coach of what is effectively our reserves looking after teenagers, I very much doubt there was much discussion as Hecky would have jumped at the chance to once again manage especially at our level and so would have agreed pretty much whatever the Prince wanted. His pay off will be a lot less than we all imagined as he really was the cheapest option for us. If I was to guess I’d say the payment agreed would be one years pay.

We don't need to sack him, we could releive him of his managerial duties.

We could make him u23 manager again, a job he was very good at.

And of course we can afford it, we are getting £120m FFS, all this parsimonious crap boils my piss. With £120m we should be competing. The prince is turning us into a laughing stock. Losing two games we need to get points out of 8-1 simply isn't acceptable from anyone at the club.

You could be right. I’m no wizard at owning a club and the nuances of the finance etc but I would imagine the Prince from his track record of fleecing McCabe and Dozzy he’s got a plan.

As it stands we will be relegated and most of the squad will be out of contract so the big outgoings ie wages will be off the books. However, the guaranteed income from parachute payments will still be incoming.

Would it suit him to run the club down at this stage? That includes keeping the management team who I’d guess are not on massive contracts rather than sacking them and having to pay them off. Additionally using youth players and cheap replacements to fill the squad.

If any of this is true we (the stakeholders) could be next to be fleeced with the ritual humiliation of a once proud football club with an identity of a fighting club.

If I was total dogtoss at my job, rather than sacking, I could be demoted. Why don't we do that with Heckingbottom? Shove him back to his previous role.

It wouldn’t be all paid straightaway surely, bearing in mind we don’t have even as shiny sixpence saved up.

Surely pay it on the nose so we look more attractive / profitable to a prospective purchaser - presumably the same twisted logic to not having any players under contract next year?

Surely pay it on the nose so we look more attractive / profitable to a prospective purchaser - presumably the same twisted logic to not having any players under contract next year?

I wonder if the whole scenario of letting contracts run down, not sacking the manager and risking appointing another one prospective owner may not want is to minimise future debts in an attempt to make the sale price - whatever that may be - more attractive.

Mind you, after this shit show of a season, l’d guess there’s a discount of between £70m- £100m already on the table from the famed “interest at £170m” figure.

Back
Top Bottom