The next 24 hours - PA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely pay it on the nose so we look more attractive / profitable to a prospective purchaser - presumably the same twisted logic to not having any players under contract next year?

Payable on the nose or in instalments, the P@L takes a hit in the year it happens. Wouldn’t affect future profit/loss.

You must think the Prince is extremely dumb if you think he gave a U21 coach a 5 year deal with no pre determined pay off fee if it didn’t go well and he wanted rid.
Well yes, but on a five year deal, what sort of figure do you think they might have agreed upon?

I imagine this evening, he’ll be very much regretting giving Hecky a five year contract.

With three years left, you’d imagine any mutually agreeable settlement fee, would be somewhere in the region of Wilders alleged pay off.

For that reason, I think he’ll be here for at least a couple more seasons ☹️

Wilder was probably on as much for one season as Hecky was for his entire contract

IF we are desperate to wait for next instalment of Prem League money, then put him on gardening leave!

Put someone in charge on Wed night the players are shit scared of!

He's evidently not getting sacked at this point. So I don't think there will ever be a footballing reason they can find to sack him. Dereliction of duty and this is going to have a big impact for years.

Why do you think they need to be “shit scared” of someone? Is that what motivates you?
They appear to have little to no motivation playing for someone who comes across as their friend, so I'm happy for an alternative to be tried.

What motivates you when you appear to not to care?

What motivates you when you appear to not to care?
I don’t have a boss. For me, it’s self respect and professionalism.

If I ever had to resort to screaming at any of my staff the only failure in the room would be me.

I would have serious doubts about the character of anyone who needs to be shouted at to be motivated and much bigger doubts about the person doing the shouting.

Cultures of fear are for inadequates.

Prince, sadly yes, that time has come

Put a call into Hecky and tell him to get the lads in for training tomorrow at 10am, and himself in for 945am

Get a flight over here, and be the man to greet him - walk into his office, give him a hug, shake his hand for saving the club and promotion last year

Then write him out his cheque and help him put his belongings in a box

Get the players in the car park, and ensure they see their now sacked ex boss load his car and drive off for the last time

Now give them a box and say they have 2 hours to whip together enough money from their inflated wages to refund all fans who travelled to Turf Moor

Losing against 2 of your relegation rivals 8-1 in a week is a dismissible offence in its own right

Starting a midfield of Fleck and Norwood is incompetent and a dereliction of duty

As a Blade you accept defeat, and usually with sarcasm of gallows humour, but I cant recall a time where Ive ever been actually embarrassed to wear the badge
He'll be watching 49ers v Eagles

I don’t have a boss. For me, it’s self respect and professionalism.

If I ever had to resort to screaming at any of my staff the only failure in the room would be me.

I would have serious doubts about the character of anyone who needs to be shouted at to be motivated and much bigger doubts about the person doing the shouting.

Cultures of fear are for inadequates.
It surely depends on what line of work you’re in to the language and management techniques used. I’ve read no end of times how players were shit scared of Alex Ferguson and he ruled with an iron fist. He didn’t do too badly

I’d give Hecky another 5 years as after this season we will only have our youngsters playing in the first team.

It surely depends on what line of work you’re in to the language and management techniques used. I’ve read no end of times how players were shit scared of Alex Ferguson and he ruled with an iron fist. He didn’t do too badly

And the game has moved on since he retired

Any older experienced manager is required in the short term just to organise the team. I don't know what it will take for that to happen as the owner chairman and CEO are not communicating with fans or media. Seeing as any of them haven't a fucking clue about football or running a club, I don't think we can expect what would be logical to anyone else.

How much fucking worse can it get.?

I'm saying yes, the old hairdryer teacup chucking shit is defunct
We’ll have to agree to disagree. I want a manager that isn’t scared to give both barrels to players when deserved, shouting screaming the lot. Just can’t see the softly softly never angry approach commanding the respect of the team. People are a lot more sensitive these days though I guess

Any older experienced manager is required in the short term just to organise the team. I don't know what it will take for that to happen as the owner chairman and CEO are not communicating with fans or media. Seeing as any of them haven't a fucking clue about football or running a club, I don't think we can expect what would be logical to anyone else.

How much fucking worse can it get.?
I never in a million years imagined it would get as bad as losing 5-0 at Burnley. I hope that is our Nadir at least as long as this season is concerned.
We can all take relegation, it’s been pretty much expected from the off, but capitulation, humiliation and downright disgrace is tough to stomach.

When the accounts are published at the end of this season, fans might understand that he has been given a form to data bowl of soup with.

If the Prince sees no urgency in selling the club now, at least the business will be in the black when he has to sell it.

I rarely agree with PH starting line ups or substitutions these days, but I find it understandable that his choices are those which say to the owner, “This is what you gave me, so this is what you get”.

Anyone suggesting that PH is responsible for the current predicament is missing the point?

When the accounts are published at the end of this season, fans might understand that he has been given a form to data bowl of soup with.

If the Prince sees no urgency in selling the club now, at least the business will be in the black when he has to sell it.

I rarely agree with PH starting line ups or substitutions these days, but I find it understandable that his choices are those which say to the owner, “This is what you gave me, so this is what you get”.

Anyone suggesting that PH is responsible for the current predicament is missing the point?

So a deliberate ploy by Bottombottom which will have no effect whatsoever on his future managerial prospects?

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I want a manager that isn’t scared to give both barrels to players when deserved, shouting screaming the lot. Just can’t see the softly softly never angry approach commanding the respect of the team. People are a lot more sensitive these days though I guess
I don't remember AF managing a team at a large talent deficit every week. Pretty sure screaming about how shit the players are would just reinforce what the players already think.

But more importantly, he wasn't in there screaming every week. It's a shock tactic, not something to build long term relationships on

I don't remember AF managing a team at a large talent deficit every week. Pretty sure screaming about how shit the players are would just reinforce what the players already think.

But more importantly, he wasn't in there screaming every week. It's a shock tactic, not something to build long term relationships on
Never said it should be every week, I said when deserved. Also are you saying that this team doesn’t deserve to hear a few home truths even if it upsets them? Like has been said 100 times lack of talent/skill is acceptable if everything else is 100%

Never said it should be every week, I said when deserved. Also are you saying that this team doesn’t deserve to hear a few home truths even if it upsets them? Like has been said 100 times lack of talent/skill is acceptable if everything else is 100%
There are other ways of doing it. Much smarter ways used by grown ups.

Fergie was a one off. 99% of people who try to “manage” in that way just look like dicks and lose respect. There is a huge difference between respect and fear. Thankfully the game has moved on.

Why do home truths need to be screamed? Since when is that a guarantee of improved performance?

Again, "you're shit but please try harder" is not a message that suits screaming

There are other ways of doing it. Much smarter ways used by grown ups.

Fergie was a one off. 99% of people who try to “manage” in that way just look like dicks and lose respect. There is a huge difference between respect and fear. Thankfully the game has moved on.
Not sure what that means? Was fergie not a grown up?

There are always different ways to approach things, sometimes calm, arm round the shoulder. Sometimes shout and let feelings be known. I mixture of both is what I think is best

Why do home truths need to be screamed? Since when is that a guarantee of improved performance?

Again, "you're shit but please try harder" is not a message that suits screaming
Fair enough we don’t agree. Genuinely what would have been your approach towards the players in the dressing room after the last 2 games?

Back
Top Bottom