Jebbison Mystery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why the fuck would we want to loan them out to league one when we have done that with both of them already? If you don't think they'll ever be good enough, fine, sell them rather than further hinder their careers by thinking they're tradesmen than need to do an apprenticeship before they get set on the actual job we want them to do.
I think this seems to be an obsession with some Utd fans: I’m surprised we weren’t demanding McAtee be sent out on loan after we had re-signed him!

There is no logical reason in wanting us to move Jebbison or Osula out of loan. They are now at the stage of their careers (with a decent pre season behind them for fitness especially in Jebbos case) to be pushing on now and trying to get into the first team squad ona regular basis. They aren't 17 or 18 year old lads any more. They either have what it takes to be challenging for the first team or they need to be moved on. Other teams put lads their age into their teams on a regular basis.

I think this seems to be an obsession with some Utd fans: I’m surprised we weren’t demanding McAtee be sent out on loan after we had re-signed him!
Many players had successful loan periods in their early days. Arblaster’s loan at Port Vale was beneficial .
Not-all will work but most will provide some benefit.

Can we as a club, start putting deadlines on our contract offers please, rather than seemingly these offers being open ended with the timescales. All the latter does is allow the agent to use it as leverage if they want to negotiate with other clubs to see if there are better contracts out there. Totally understandable from a player and his agents standpoint, but from a club.and managing a budget point of view it's not great.

Not sure why we have allowed it as a club for the matter to drift on and on for so long. He's not played all season so it's not like we are both wanting to get the seasom out of the way first (making sure he is injury free at the season's end etc). Both parties have known the score for months and this should have been wrapped up one way or another, month's ago. Let's hope we don't get to June with comments like "we think things should develop imminently" re Jebbo's contract, coming out from the club...

Last edited:
Can we as a club, start putting deadlines on our contract offers please, rather than seemingly these offers being open ended with the timescales. All the latter does is allow the agent to use it as leverage if they want to negotiate with other clubs to see if there are better contracts out there. Totally understandable from a player and his agents standpoint, but from a club.and managing a budget point of view it's not great.

Not sure why we have allowed it as a club for the matter to drift on and on for so long. He's not played all season so it's not like we are both wanting to get the seasom out of the way first (making sure he is injury free at the season's end etc). Both parties have known the score for months and this should have been wrapped up one way or another, month's ago. Let's hope we don't get to June with comments like "we think things should develop imminently" re Jebbo's contract, coming out from the club...
If there is a contract on offer we get compensation if he leaves. If the contract is withdrawn, then we would not be entitled to anything. The offer is on the table to ensure we get some money in the event of him leaving, that’s my understanding. I’d be surprised if he stays, if he wanted to sign he would have done it months ago.

Last edited:
If there is a contract on offer we get compensation if he leaves. If the contract is withdrawn, then we would not be entitled to anything. The offer is on the table to ensure we get some money in the event of him leaving, that’s my understanding. I’d be surprised if he stays, if he wanted to sign he would have done it months ago.

That makes sense...

Anybody signing this lad wants their head examining..

Can’t understand the big obsession with him. He was hyped up after scoring a goal at the end of our last season in the Premier League. Since then he has done nothing at Premier League or Championship level. I’d rather some one else take the risk & sign him up. I’d rather we focus on using wages on improving the squad & developing the likes of Marsh & others who can stay fit. I accept that he may have been unlucky with illness - but we do not have the luxury of being sympathetic in building a squad for next season. Our finances are going to be limited anyway, so we need players who have a good recent fitness record.

That makes sense due to him being a home grown academy player re compensation. Unlike any contract offers made to non academy players who definitely should have time limits applied.

In respect of Jebbo, I would say the club should tell the lad and his agent that they need to sign the contract offer by X date. If not signed then I would advocate that the club moves on without him, tells the fans we think he is leaving, but formerly keeps a lower contract offer on the table to him for compensation reasons only.

Does anyone know how much we get as compensation? I would assume a lot less than if we sign him up, he performs half decent and we can sell him? Or he performs really well and we have the player he showed the potential to be?

Can’t understand the big obsession with him. He was hyped up after scoring a goal at the end of our last season in the Premier League. Since then he has done nothing at Premier League or Championship level. I’d rather some one else take the risk & sign him up. I’d rather we focus on using wages on improving the squad & developing the likes of Marsh & others who can stay fit. I accept that he may have been unlucky with illness - but we do not have the luxury of being sympathetic in building a squad for next season. Our finances are going to be limited anyway, so we need players who have a good recent fitness record.
Aye
Would that be the Louie Marsh that had a (season long) loan @ Donny truncated after a month because of…… injury ?

Does anyone know how much we get as compensation? I would assume a lot less than if we sign him up, he performs half decent and we can sell him? Or he performs really well and we have the player he showed the potential to be?
The two clubs try to settle it themselves and it goes to arbitration if they can't agree.

You're right, it'd definitely be less than a transfer fee. It'd be nearer to the 'training compensation' paid when an academy player leaves.

I could be wrong but Wilder has implied this weekend is the deadline, going off what he said in the presser. I am guessing if that contract isn't signed by close of play Tuesday then he is moving on.

Potential. ….which is no good for the instant, want it now, can’t fucking wait, yes I know he’s been injured but I don’t fucking care members on here.

Would you pay him 10k - 15k a week maybe 20k per week for him to carry on sitting in the stands?

There's no sign of him anywhere near the first team, he could be in the squad today for all we know, or he could be out for the start of, or the whole of next season..

We could have the next Lionel Messi come through from the youth team but if his boots never touch the grass then for all the talent, he's worthless to the team..

I used to moan about Ben Osborn and Jack Robinson, before them Collins and Doyle... but at least these guys kicked a fucking ball about every now and then in a united shirt, we're not asking anybody to plan a mission to mars here are we..

Is it too much to expect him not to be cunting us off with the contract offer after doing nothing for almost 2 years.?

Back
Top Bottom