Match Thread Grimsby Town v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh we,ll have a day out at the seaside what fucking planet are you on FFS

What an absolutely ridiculous comment to make (as was your one before). The day we have to fear taking our loved ones to a pre season friendly, or any game for that matter, is the day that will signify the death of football.
It's the dickhead 'fans' acting like utter twats that you need to be condemning not an innocent family daring to think they could enjoy a nice day out together.

Well you see We had this naïve idea that a summers day at the seaside followed by attending a sporting event which all the family regularly enjoy would be a good day out, I negleted to read the small print on the advertising that said "this game is only to be attended by utter twats who want to terrify local residents and teenage girls"

What a ridiculous thing to say "why would you take your daughter or niece to that game" that's the sort of attitude that lets the yobs win.

Couldn't agree more. What a state of affairs.

Fucking Neanderthals and their apologists. Totally embarrassing it's football you know. Football Not kicking heads in and frightening girls. Tossers.

What an absolutely ridiculous comment to make (as was your one before). The day we have to fear taking our loved ones to a pre season friendly, or any game for that matter, is the day that will signify the death of football.
It's the dickhead 'fans' acting like utter twats that you need to be condemning not an innocent family daring to think they could enjoy a nice day out together.
Get off your high horse fella.
I've got two grown up daughters four granddaughters would I take them to Grimsby no fucking chance.
If you do face the consequences.

But your advice to everyone seems to be don't take families to football it's not safe! Why should we bow down to that sort of thing? Sort the trouble makers out.
Awe come on Harry better people than me have tried to sort this out.

Well that's bollocks I am afraid, I've been at Tramlines all day and I've seen much ale flowing and people aged 15 - 70 and not one iota of trouble. I am now watching the Darts and the beer seems to be going down well there as well and hey guess what?

Football has the problem.

I'd say beer and cocaine are the big issues nowadays. There's a lot more aggressive outbursts in town nowadays which I'd attribute to cheap coke.

Football brings a lot of nobheads together but the root cause tends to be drink and drugs- I took the missus to winter wonderland in December and it was kicking off. Winter wonderland ffs!!

I've got two grown up daughters four granddaughters would I take them to Grimsby no fucking chance.

I think there is a high horse to be on.

Trouble at football shouldn't be seen as inevitable. Football will die if young fans can't be taken to games and sixteen isn't that young.

It's uncomfortably close to the argument that girls down town are "asking for it". It doesn't sit pretty.

The voice of Nigel Farges' Britain.

It's not though Za. Isnt Lane Ender really saying that the reality is that it was always going to be one of those days. The Pigs had the same trouble didn't they?

Wrong it obviously is but Uniteds support contains these wankers - they aren't football hooligans in the old fashioned sense , not at Millwall last season forcexample - but not to realise it would kick of today is a bit naive on your part. In my opinion that is.

These must all be members as well.

Didn't go today but was in Sheffield for a friend's birthday, what I've read may kind of explain the large amount of dibbles waiting around for the train back from the game that I wanted to go home on

I'd say beer and cocaine are the big issues nowadays. There's a lot more aggressive outbursts in town nowadays which I'd attribute to cheap coke.

Football brings a lot of nobheads together but the root cause tends to be drink and drugs- I took the missus to winter wonderland in December and it was kicking off. Winter wonderland ffs!!

Is that in S6 venue .

UTB

Of course the violence shouldn't happen, nobody would dispute that. But it was going to happen, as is the case whenever United roll into Cleethorpes.

If I was planning a family trip today, avoiding Cleethorpes would've been a sensible precaution.

I think there is a high horse to be on.

Trouble at football shouldn't be seen as inevitable. Football will die if young fans can't be taken to games and sixteen isn't that young.

It shouldn't you're right but today was always going to be like that. Personal responsibility and all that. If there was an EDL march in town and a counter demonstration, wouldn't you stay away if you had young kids?

You need to get off your low horse with this
absolitely. A pre season friendly at the sea side is no place for anyone except drunk knobheads that want to fight people. No place for families, females or anyone who isn't prepared to fight / glass people.

This is what football is all about. Right?

It's not though Za. Isnt Lane Ender really saying that the reality is that it was always going to be one of those days. The Pigs had the same trouble didn't they?

Wrong it obviously is but Uniteds support contains these wankers - they aren't football hooligans in the old fashioned sense , not at Millwall last season forcexample - but not to realise it would kick of today is a bit naive on your part. In my opinion that is.

These must all be members as well.

I don't think anyone is saying they didn't think there wasn't the possibility of trouble, what seems to be happening now is that you can't seem to avoid it, in the past and I grew up in 80's if you wanted to avoid the trouble you could, now it seems families are not only getting caught up in it but being targeted for it.

You need to get off your low horse with this

absolitely. A pre season friendly at the sea side is no place for anyone except drunk knobheads that want to fight people. No place for families, females or anyone who isn't prepared to fight / glass people.

This is what football is all about. Right?

He's not saying that though is he? He's pointing out the realities of the situation.

In the unlikely event that we top the table and stay there with an increasing away support stuff like this will happen more often trust me as these young kids will go beyond threatening kiosk staff inside grounds. Until they get a proper pasting somewhere they see as tinpot. Let's hope.

He's not saying that though is he? He's pointing out the realities of the situation.

In the unlikely event that we top the table and stay there with an increasing away support stuff like this will happen more often trust me as these young kids will go beyond threatening kiosk staff inside grounds. Until they get a proper pasting somewhere they see as tinpot. Let's hope.
I disagree. Would you like to have a fight?

I don't think anyone is saying they didn't think there wasn't the possibility of trouble, what seems to be happening now is that you can't seem to avoid it, in the past and I grew up in 80's if you wanted to avoid the trouble you could, now it seems families are not only getting caught up in it but being targeted for it.

Totally agree and that's why I made the points that firstly it's no surprise to me because of these wankers and also it's a different sort of hooliganism, more about bullying I genuine fans rather than meeting up with like minded people. Which is why they only show when there's a big Blades away following on a Saturday, somewhere they see as safe.

Let's all give up then. They've won.

Couldn't agree more. What a state of affairs.

Fucking Neanderthals and their apologists. Totally embarrassing it's football you know. Football Not kicking heads in and frightening girls. Tossers.
What is disgusting about Zablade's story is that his niece wasn't caught up in some stupid football scrap. Some scum from Sheffield tried to humiliate her and when challenged, his knob head mates backed him up rather than telling him to stop being a dick. Not really anything to do with Grimsby that is it? Just some meatheads from Sheffield being obnoxious to other blades fans . horrible.

On a positive note I was in Cleethorpes from about 1pm and had a lovely afternoon, there were loads of coppers about but I must have just missed it all.

What is disgusting about Zablade's story is that his niece wasn't caught up in some stupid football scrap. Some scum from Sheffield tried to humiliate her and when challenged, his knob head mates backed him up rather than telling him to stop being a dick. Not really anything to do with Grimsby that is it? Just some meatheads from Sheffield being obnoxious to other blades fans . horrible.

On a positive note I was in Cleethorpes from about 1pm and had a lovely afternoon, there were loads of coppers about but I must have just missed it all.

And that sums up a proportion of our support these days. Makes you wonder how they get tickets.

Back
Top Bottom