Montgomery to Hibs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn’t Hecky at Hibs for a bit?

It’s the pathway to BDTBL for Monty 🤣

HIS NAME IS NICK (his name is Nick)
MONTGOMERY (Montgomery)
His name is Nick Mont-gom-er-eeeee...

Quality chant. Also anyone else remember the I Was There When Monty Scored t-shirts that were briefly on sale in the club shop? I didn't buy one because I wasn't.

Wow thought he would go higher up than that unless by some miracle he dethrones the Glasgow clubs I can't see why he has gone there.
I dunno - 19,000 every week... moving to an awesome brilliant city .... has nothing to lose ,just coming 3rd or 4th is doable esp with the 3rd best budget .... Gerrard did well and if he can match the job Ange Postecglou did - he will have Robbie Williams singing about him in no time.
Better Hibs as opposed to Watford I say - good luck to Monty I say - he has surprised me with his golden touch in Oz

Wow thought he would go higher up than that unless by some miracle he dethrones the Glasgow clubs I can't see why he has gone there.
There are many worse places to live than Edinburgh. If you are ambitious you don’t stay in Australia.
Agreed,lived in NZ for 11 years.Fab place people etc but you're from where your'e from and in the end for some that deep sense of not truly belonging can take you back to where you do.
Oz n NZ are not dissimilar and don't have the football culture deeply engrained like we do.
Watching on Sky in the middle of the night was oten a reminder of what I was missing.Weather etc. is simply periphery as attractive as it might seem.
Perhaps Monty and his wife's parents are getting on a bit.Could be many reasons I guess.
The grass isn't necessarily always greener forever.
Hope he gets the Job.
Always liked his dogged determination and might argue Norwood could have done with a Monty alongside him🤔
I imagine if he does land it many here will be keeping an eye on his progress,I know I will.
GLTTL and his family.👍

Mildly ironic considering the song about Monty to the tune of 500 miles by Hibs fans The Proclaimers

HIS NAME IS NICK (his name is Nick)
MONTGOMERY (Montgomery)
His name is Nick Mont-gom-er-eeeee...

Quality chant. Also anyone else remember the I Was There When Monty Scored t-shirts that were briefly on sale in the club shop? I didn't buy one because I wasn't.

Mildly ironic considering the song about Monty to the tune of 500 miles by Hibs fans The Proclaimers

I thought both of these were more Rob Kozluk that Monty. Now he was REALLY goal shy.

I have been following Central Coast Mariners this season. They play some cracking football. Standard is about Championship I would say But Monty how could you leave this . https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/central-coast-stadium&psig=AOvVaw23hB2kbdfZgJoKLb-Qr9wU&ust=1693594114775000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCNCaxu7Hh4EDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE
That’s a bold statement - Championship.

Are we talking Championship Leicester or Championship Wednesday 😉

So all you Monty knockers him or Baxter?
I remember every week debating the merits of Monty v Thirlwell on the old Bladesunited with sitwell ad-nauseum every Sunday for about 2 months,

I was pro-Monty on this one and Sitwell was arguing the merits of Paul Thirlwell. I think the latter did actually score a good long ranger in December game once. One for Silent Blade

My mind is a little foggy, but I believe we finally called a truce on our mutual appreciation of Derek Geary after no doubt boring the tits off the forum.

Monty's contribution has aged well over time. He was regularly, unfairly I felt, accused of not being able to pass water, but you look back and appreciate comments from his fellow pros, like Merson, who said he was like a rash, he was just all over him the whole time. What a great servant. His approach to coaching and development makes him an ideal future SUFC manager.

Problem is with Monty he is 6 years older than me, when he first played in 2000, i was 13 and looked at him and thought if he could go pro then I could.... Still waiting on my debut and I could also qualify for Scotland through my Grandma again still waiting on the call!

Problem is with Monty he is 6 years older than me, when he first played in 2000, i was 13 and looked at him and thought if he could go pro then I could.... Still waiting on my debut and I could also qualify for Scotland through my Grandma again still waiting on the call!
You could've been a contender! 😁

With out injury issues you could get a game soon enough.

Wasn’t he wanted by PL clubs when he burst on the scene?

I remember he was like 19 or something and scored a good goal at home to Birmingham and there were rumours of him, Jags and Tonge all the same age fucking off.

Wasn’t he wanted by PL clubs when he burst on the scene?

I remember he was like 19 or something and scored a good goal at home to Birmingham and there were rumours of him, Jags and Tonge all the same age fucking off.

I remember every week debating the merits of Monty v Thirlwell on the old Bladesunited with sitwell ad-nauseum every Sunday for about 2 months,

I was pro-Monty on this one and Sitwell was arguing the merits of Paul Thirlwell. I think the latter did actually score a good long ranger in December game once. One for Silent Blade

My mind is a little foggy, but I believe we finally called a truce on our mutual appreciation of Derek Geary after no doubt boring the tits off the forum.

Monty's contribution has aged well over time. He was regularly, unfairly I felt, accused of not being able to pass water, but you look back and appreciate comments from his fellow pros, like Merson, who said he was like a rash, he was just all over him the whole time. What a great servant. His approach to coaching and development makes him an ideal future SUFC manager.
Sure that was me? I always liked Montgomery .

Back
Top Bottom