Player Suggestion Tom Bradshaw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was it like a violent scene from "Brokeback Mountain"??

I think Bradshaw is a decent 3rd or 4th choice striker. Reliable and consistent. Don't think he's the right man to lead the line for a team looking for promotion. He would only be a choice if we have naff all money.

I believe Adkins was after him as well but he's buggered off abroad with Barnsley on their tour. So that could be the 'more local' club.

Couple of dingle mates telling me Bradshaw’s move to Millwall is stalling because there’s a club a bit closer to home that are interested.

Not saying it’s us, because there are a lot of clubs closer to here than London - but I wouldn’t mind if it was.

Would be a very astute signing for the right price.

Don’t like him either!

Hope the club a bit nearer to here is Wednesday.

Bradshaw 12 goals in 44
Mcgoldrick 8 goals in 24

We need to pay money for Bradshaw and Mcgoldrick is a free!

Take your point, but Bradshaw is 5 years younger.
Those stats tell two stories - McGoldrick has a better strike rate but also Bradshaw might be available for a full season, not half of one.

Though didn’t Bradshaw have hamstring problems?

I’d sign McGoldrick of the two, quicker, more proven at this level, taller I think but I would accept there’s a chance he might not always be available.

Well McGoldrick was out performing him years ago and is now to this day.

What a bizarre argument, 7 years ago Bradshaw was 18, playing for Shrewsbury: of course McGoldrick was out performing him.

As for him out performing him "to this day" - I'd say that's up for debate. McGoldrick had a better goals/games ratio, but Bradshaw was available more, and scored more.

More important than who was better 7 years ago: who will be better in the future?
McGoldrick is heading into his 30s, his pace and fitness are suffering, Bradshaw on the other hand should be entering his prime.

I'm not for or against either, for the record.

What a bizarre argument, 7 years ago Bradshaw was 18, playing for Shrewsbury: of course McGoldrick was out performing him.

As for him out performing him "to this day" - I'd say that's up for debate. McGoldrick had a better goals/games ratio, but Bradshaw was available more, and scored more.

More important than who was better 7 years ago: who will be better in the future?
McGoldrick is heading into his 30s, his pace and fitness are suffering, Bradshaw on the other hand should be entering his prime.

I'm not for or against either, for the record.

Point taken but I just don’t see Bradshaw being good enough for Sheffield United to pay a fee for him. Barnsley supposedly turning down bids wanting big money for him. I think there are alternatives out there that are better. I believe we have one on our doorstep in McGoldrick.

Point taken but I just don’t see Bradshaw being good enough for Sheffield United to pay a fee for him. Barnsley supposedly turning down bids wanting big money for him. I think there are alternatives out there that are better. I believe we have one on our doorstep in McGoldrick.

Yeah, I understand your concern: I'm not certain either are good enough to push us on, though, with our budget, any affordable target will be a gamble of some sorts.

The only target I've been really enthused by is Jack Marriot, though at the suspected £5m+ he'll cost probably makes him unrealistic

lol is that CW showing Ipswich that if they are fking us about we'll just go in and nick their target?

Its like Billy Smarts Circus out there at the moment.

Ipswich are selling Waghorn so it seems.................United want to buy Waghorn.................Ipswich try to turn the sale into an auction.................so other clubs become interested...............Ipswich start looking for a replacement.............you fill in the rest !

Bradshaw reminds me a lot of Billy. Not sure he's an improvement either to be honest and has had injury problems in the past. Scored only one goal in entire second half of last season - against us of course!

But I'm sure Wilder will get more out of him and he could score nearer 20 goals than 10 if played regularly for us - with better service than he got at Barnsley.

He'd be the ultimate 'meh' striker signing.

Yes, just about. Do you?

Do you have kids? What are their names?

Familiarity breeds contempt. So best we all stick to being quarrelsome and argumentative to maintain the cosy group dynamics we have come to love. :)

Back
Top Bottom