Player Suggestion Tom Bradshaw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Point taken but I just don’t see Bradshaw being good enough for Sheffield United to pay a fee for him. Barnsley supposedly turning down bids wanting big money for him. I think there are alternatives out there that are better. I believe we have one on our doorstep in McGoldrick.

Yeah I’m not sayin he’s the answer or that I would actually want us to buy him, more how the dingles have shot themselves in the foot...

Well, Millwall want him so he must be fantastic. Other clubs never, ever make mistakes in the transfer market, only us.

We ❤️ Other Clubs.

Looks as if they’ve got him for £1m, absolute steal at that price. Barnsley are abysmal at protecting their assets

1 million is a joke, a steal at that. If someone had suggested swapping Evans for Bradshaw I doubt any blade would have complained

He isn’t quicker than Hogan. I am not interested in comparisons with ‘Billy’ or XG stats. I don’t play Junior Computer Manager.
Closing your mind to various different and proven methods for analysing talent only points to an interesting level of ignorance. And at the age of 45 I don't play Junior football manager either but your implied patronisation did amuse me muppet x

Absolutely shocking from Barnsley.

Their entire strategy was to keep their good players, and it's clearly working so far this season.

Then they suddenly decide to let Bradshaw go at the end of the window, on a loan to buy.

I suppose they're just reverting to being the pathetic, weak little selling club they are and always will be.

Nearly all clubs are selling clubs. I don’t rate that Bradshaw bloke anyhow. I think it’s probably a good move for them tbh.

Nearly all clubs are selling clubs. I don’t rate that Bradshaw bloke anyhow. I think it’s probably a good move for them tbh.

They're in L1. How the hell could it be a good move for them? Especially if it's just £1m. They're not going to get anyone as good now.

Their plan was to just keep their players, they had a potential 40 goal strike partnership that would've seen them back up, but they've bottled it late in the window and let him go at a time when there are far fewer replacements available.

There are selling clubs then there are the likes of Barnsley who are absolutely pathetic. And we think we're bad...

Some harsh comments about Barnsley, but it's no different to the way McCabe has run United. It contributed to us ending up in league one and staying there for 6 years.

Some harsh comments about Barnsley, but it's no different to the way McCabe has run United. It contributed to us ending up in league one and staying there for 6 years.

I think its more about the way they repeatedly fail to tie players to contracts, back themselves into a corner where they have to sell their best players on the cheap rather than lose them for free. McCabe at least contracted Brooks to a long deal which protected us from Prem clubs taking the piss

£1.25m being reported. For him, in the current market? That's a potential steal!

I think its more about the way they repeatedly fail to tie players to contracts, back themselves into a corner where they have to sell their best players on the cheap rather than lose them for free. McCabe at least contracted Brooks to a long deal which protected us from Prem clubs taking the piss

It is a first though. I give you Maguire as a prime example.

If Maguire was "cheap" at the time, why did no one come in with a higher bid?

Same for other players we sold at supposed under values.

I know you will always defend McCabe to the hilt Sean. I am not criticising him, I get that we needed to sell players to run the club.

My point was that lots of people were having a dig about Barnsley and we are not vastly different. If we could n't raise more money for Harry, don't sell him. Another season playing most weeks would have enhanced his profile and helped us.

I know you will always defend McCabe to the hilt Sean. I am not criticising him, I get that we needed to sell players to run the club.

My point was that lots of people were having a dig about Barnsley and we are not vastly different. If we could n't raise more money for Harry, don't sell him. Another season playing most weeks would have enhanced his profile and helped us.

To be honest I'm not defending McCabe particularly and while I get your point about keeping players but do we want unhappy players? Pogba doesn't want to be at Man. United, look at his form compared to the WC for France.

My point is that the "sell them cheap" claims are a fallacy. Other clubs valuations are always going to be more realistic than supporters, in short because we tend to over value our own players.

I remember us ripping the pigs to pieces a few years ago re their "£10m defence" that they ended up getting about a tenth of. We all do it, but the reality is the going rate is what someone will pay. Brooks, Maguire, Murphy. Adams, only one bidder in each case.

He wasn’t prepared to have another season. He would have been out because of sunburn every week.

" Some harsh comments about Barnsley, but it's no different to the way McCabe has run United. It contributed to us ending up in league one and staying there for 6 years. "

I thought that was Cheds fault .

He's 32, and a solid Championship pro. If Osula and Jebbo are going to be 2 of our main 4/5 strikers, I think we could do worse than Bradshaw to complement them, and he has a relatively good fitness history.

Anyone know his contract situation with The Wall?

He's 32, and a solid Championship pro. If Osula and Jebbo are going to be 2 of our main 4/5 strikers, I think we could do worse than Bradshaw to complement them, and he has a relatively good fitness history.

Anyone know his contract situation with The Wall?
Triggered an appearance based extension recently and therefore under contract at Millwall next season.

Triggered an appearance based extension recently and therefore under contract at Millwall next season.

Shame, I can't imagine we'd pay a fee for a 32 year old. He actually seems a perfect January signing, along the Hanson/Madine road!

Back
Top Bottom