Your XI vs. Bury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TJB.

"What's the biggest room in your house?..."
Reaction score
So we go again tomorrow, with a big following by the sound of it. I'm dead against playing two games in 3 days, but that's how it is.

Bury are without a win in fourteen matches, so our usual starting XI has enough in it to see out a win, but for me I'd like to see some changes come in for this one and see some of the fringe players get a chance.

I'd go for...

-------------------Moore------------------
Freeman-Wilson-Wright-O'Connell-Lafferty
-----------Coutts------------Reed-------------
--------------------Scougall---------------------
----------Lavery-----------Done---------------

Very risky, but still a side filled with good players. EEL for Wilson if he's injured...can't say I know what his situation is but I'd certainly like another look at the lad. Pack the bench with the talent in case it goes tits up. Lavery absolutely has to start for me; he's earned it.

Thoughts?

I do think he might shuffle the pack.

Scoogs may get a start.

Not that I would want it but I think Sharp may get a rest with Clarke and Lavery up top.

UTB

We're not quite good enough to be that complacent.

--------------------Moore

----------Basham EEL O'Connell

Freeman-----------------------------Lafferty

---------------Coutts------Fleck

----------------------Duffy

---------------Sharp--------Lavery

Might be 2 games in 3 days, but we should be fresher than Bury. They don't have the same options to rotate either - they couldn't name 7 subs at Bradford.

Might be 2 games in 3 days, but we should be fresher than Bury. They don't have the same options to rotate either - they couldn't name 7 subs at Bradford.

Agree with the complacency point, but not sure about how fresh we'll be. Northampton made us work hard for that win.

I just wish we had competition for the RWB spot, otherwise I wouldn't have named Freeman.

I'd have put Hussey in for Lafferty but, y'know...

I'd probably change a few faces around, as we can probably afford to do it away at Bury.

-----------------------Moore----------------------
Freeman--EEL-Wright-O'Connell-Lafferty
---------------Coutts---------Reed-------------
----------------------Scougall-------------------
--------------Lavery----------Sharp-------------

Bench - Ramsdale,Basham,Fleck,Done,Clarke,Brooks,Duffy.

Defence won't need shuffling, they didn't have all that much to do yesterday.

Moore
Freeman Basham Wright JOC Lafferty
Duffy Fleck Scougall
Clarke Lavery

Give Coutts & Sharp a well earned rest. They are too pivotal to us to lose just as we approach the run in.

Thats the starting 11 i would use.

Agree with the complacency point, but not sure about how fresh we'll be. Northampton made us work hard for that win.

I just wish we had competition for the RWB spot, otherwise I wouldn't have named Freeman.

I'd have put Hussey in for Lafferty but, y'know...
I agree Northampton did makes us work hard for the win but not physically, they were the ones looking knackered, as most teams do against us, because they sre having to chase and run after us, we make the ball do most of the work, I hope if it goes as most games have bury will be even more knackered in the last half an hour after 2games in 3 days, my team is the sames as rickys, lavery in for Clarke, strong fit bench and having three to come on and finish em off.

I don't get why people are recommending that Louis Reed gets in the team for tomorrow.

If he had anything about him he'd be approaching Mr Wilder and asking to go out on loan.

Only the staff know which players are tiring or carrying injury risks. But I like option of playing Scougall and, at a stretch, Done just because their energy will be an absolute nightmare for the opposition given the Chrimmy schedule. That said, Clarke is worth persisting with against his old club, and Lavery will surely get a start soon. So basically I've not got a bloody clue.

We should play our strongest team, End of.

Agree completely .

And that side is the same one that started against Northampton with Done replacing Clarke .

Pick the strongest team every time without fail .

find this change of team a bit perplexing.

get 6+ points clear = give players a rest - when dropping 2 or even (dread the thought) lose a game makes little difference to our league position.

This isn't the time for complacency - 3 teams for 2 places - we need to nail one of those quickly and watch the fight going on beneath us.

UTB

There's no chance of sharp being rested.

Our players will be no more "tired" than their's.
Fuckin hell, we don't play again till Saturday. I'm sure they will all want to play and will be fired up after the last minute winner yesterday, so let em go again (except the donkey).

that is currently our best 11

Clarke, Done, Wright, Scougall all good options to bring on if tired legs are showing for either team. Lavery deserves a chance to take the first shift alongside Sharp

that is currently our best 11

Clarke, Done, Wright, Scougall all good options to bring on if tired legs are showing for either team. Lavery deserves a chance to take the first shift alongside Sharp

Opinions are opinions and yours are as valid as anyone else's . But can I ask you what you base your appraisal of Lavery partnering Sharpe upon ?

I like Lavery but where's the evidence that when Lavery partners sharp , ftom the start , it's our strongest option ?

Lavery appears to me to make his most positive displays when used from the bench as a tactical Change ( much like Clarke )

Opinions are opinions and yours are as valid as anyone else's . But can I ask you what you base your appraisal of Lavery partnering Sharpe upon ?

I like Lavery but where's the evidence that when Lavery partners sharp it's our strongest option ?

Lavery appears to me to make his most positive displays when used from the bench as a tactical Change ( much like Clarke )
Its based on watching him in the Coventry game and yesterday only really. He looked good and a goal threat at Coventry, assisting Sharp's goal and a bit unlucky not to get a goal.

Then yesterday he was always taking the ball on the half turn and made himself a really good chance that lead to the double save from their goalie.

Clarke and Done have had loads of chances in the team now and have 4/5 goals between them after 1/2 the season. I just think that Lavery deserves a go for more than 30 minutes. We've not really seen him start have we bar the Bolton game when we had 1/2 the 2nd team out.

We should play our strongest team, End of.

Every time. No fucking about with non entities like Reed.
Fucking about = dropped points and we can't afford that.
They are professional athletes. They also have 4 whole days rest after the Bury game.

Moore

EEL
Wright
O'Connell

Freeman
Fleck
Coutts
Duffy
Lafferty

Sharp
Lavery.

Its based on watching him in the Coventry game and yesterday only really. He looked good and a goal threat at Coventry, assisting Sharp's goal and a bit unlucky not to get a goal.

Then yesterday he was always taking the ball on the half turn and made himself a really good chance that lead to the double save from their goalie.

Clarke and Done have had loads of chances in the team now and have 4/5 goals between them after 1/2 the season. I just think that Lavery deserves a go for more than 30 minutes. We've not really seen him start have we bar the Bolton game when we had 1/2 the 2nd team out.

That's fair enough . I just don't think a couple of ( good ) cameos automatically qualify him to start as the best strike partner for Sharp that we have .

First and foremost I don't think Lavery is anything like the prolific second striker we all want . Secondly , whilst Done is clearly not the prolific partner we want either , he offers us an option of benefiting the one player we have that is a prolific goal scorer ...... Sharp !

I'd rather we set up to keep sharp banging them in . He is top scorer in the Division and we are the second highest scoring team in the Division after all !!

If we want the prolific second marksman then we need to buy him this January as we don't have him at the club right now .

Keep sharp ' shit lining ' and owning the penalty area ...... play Done so he can do it .

I'd start Lavary. I feel theres more goals in him than there is in Done and Clark.

This is evidenced by the fact that, despite not playing anywhere near as many minutes, he has actually scored a goal this side of November.

I'd start Lavary. I feel theres more goals in him than there is in Done and Clark.

This is evidenced by the fact he has actually scored a goal this side of November.

He's got 1 this season ..... Done's got 2 . Done's twice the man that Lavary is :D

That's fair enough . I just don't think a couple of ( good ) cameos automatically qualify him to start as the best strike partner for Sharp that we have .

First and foremost I don't think Lavery is anything like the prolific second striker we all want . Secondly , whilst Done is clearly not the prolific partner we want either , he offers us an option of benefiting the one player we have that is a prolific goal scorer ...... Sharp !

I'd rather we set up to keep sharp banging them in . He is top scorer in the Division and we are the second highest scoring team in the Division after all !!

If we want the prolific second marksman then we need to buy him this January as we don't have him at the club right now .

Keep sharp ' shit lining ' and owning the penalty area ...... play Done so he can do it .
It's sharp plus 1 , you may be right about lavery not quite being it, but you might also be wrong. one thing is for sure we know what Done has to offer and Clarke and it's "OK".

If Lavery isn't starting I'll not be tearing up my ticket and heading for the bar but i'd like to see it tried.

We seem to disagree , should we be hurling abuse at other and calling each other nasty names? :)

Lavery up top with Sharp. Clarke has had plenty of chances to partner Billy, let's give Lavery a go.

Back
Top Bottom