Your greatest BLADES squad?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
FOR ME ITS:​
TRACEY (GK)​
BADGER (RB) KENWORTHY (CB) JAGIELKA (CB) GARNER (LB)​
MORRIS (RM) CURRIE(CM) MONTGOMERY(CM) SABELLA (LM)​
DEANE (CF) EDWARDS (CF)​
SUBS:​
KENNY (GK)​
MORGAN (CB)​
STANCLIFFE (CB)​
BRADSHAW (CM)​
BEAGRIE (LM)​
AGANA (CF)​

Andy Goram

John Ryan
Phil Thompson
Ken McNaught
Stewart Houston

Jimmy Johnstone
Gordon Cowans
Bruce Rioch
Martin Peters

Ian Rush
Peter Withe

6 European Cup Winners
1 World Cup Winner

Not much pace, but a fair bit of know-how.

But if it's pace you want:

Alan Kelly

Kyle Walker
Phil Jagielka.
John Pemberton
Kyle Naughton

Alan Roberts
Michael Brown
Glen Cockerill
Colin Morris

Tony Agana
Brian Deane

KELLY
VAS
JAGS
MORGS
BARNES
HODGES
COWANS
BROWN
WHITEHOUSE
DEANE
EVANS

SUBS
TREACY
TILER
WALKER
BRADSHAW
TONGE
AGANA

Andy Goram

John Ryan
Phil Thompson
Ken McNaught
Stewart Houston

Jimmy Johnstone
Gordon Cowans
Bruce Rioch
Martin Peters

Ian Rush
Peter Withe

6 European Cup Winners
1 World Cup Winner

Not much pace, but a fair bit of know-how.

I'd replace Cowans with European Cup winning captain Dennis Mortimer

It is obvious you watched the Blades from 1972. In 1971, Hope had a poor game only once in 1971 and that was in the 5-0 League Cup defeat at West Ham
He didn't last long when Mcallister came along.

He was poor ask most Blades and I've been supporting United since 1966 by the way

Steve Simonsen

Tony McMahon
Nyron Nosworthy
Claude Davis
Marcus Williams

Ryan Flynn
Michael Doyle
Nick Montgomery
Jamie Murphy

Chris Porter
Joe Ironside

Now this would be entertainment :)

He didn't last long when Mcallister came along.

He was poor ask most Blades and I've been supporting United since 1966 by the way

Ask most Blades? Are you questioning my memory? Hope was good in 1971. Hodgy had lost confidence and form, other teams knew about it. Harris had to do something so in January 1971 he brought in a big keeper and Hope made a big difference. He played well, making a lot of good saves (particularly in the 0-0 home draw against Norwich in April as Norwich dominated the game)for the rest of the 1970-71 season. He carried on playing well in the first half of the following season (apart from that 5-0 defeat at West Ham) and was called up to the England u23 twice. He had a shocker in the 5-0 defeat at home to Arsenal but still kept his place in the team for more than 2 months ( Harris asked Hodgy to return but he refused and McAlister, who played in the friendly against Dynamo Kiev, wasnt ready yet) and then he had a shocker in the 4-0 home defeat against Derby. McAlister then came into the 1st team and stayed there until he broke his leg against Man city in October 1973

GK. McAllister

RB. Badger
CB. Jagielka
CB. Colquhoun
LB. Hemsley

RW. Woodward
CM. Hockey
CM. Currie
LW. Whitehouse

CF. Dearden
CF. Deane

Subs:

Kelly
Edwards
Stancliffe
Brown
Agana
C. Morris
Salmons

Kenny
Walker Kenworthy Jagielka Nilsen
Woodward Brown Currie Reece
Edwards Deane

subs Macallister Badger Colquhoun ,Morris ,Arnott ,Hatton Dearden.

Kenny
Walker Kenworthy Jagielka Nilsen
Woodward Brown Currie Reece
Edwards Deane

subs Macallister Badger Colquhoun ,Morris ,Arnott ,Hatton Dearden.

I always liked Kevin Arnott as a player, especially as he was playing with some proper shite! However with the central midfielders I've seen I'd need a squad of fifty to include him. I couldn't decide for ages between Brown, Hamson and Sabella!

GK. McAllister

RB. Badger
CB. Jagielka
CB. Colquhoun
LB. Hemsley

RW. Woodward
CM. Hockey
CM. Currie
LW. Whitehouse

CF. Dearden
CF. Deane

Subs:

Kelly
Edwards
Stancliffe
Brown
Agana
C. Morris
Salmons

I'd pretty much go with that too SEB :thumbsup:

Ask most Blades? Are you questioning my memory? Hope was good in 1971. Hodgy had lost confidence and form, other teams knew about it. Harris had to do something so in January 1971 he brought in a big keeper and Hope made a big difference. He played well, making a lot of good saves (particularly in the 0-0 home draw against Norwich in April as Norwich dominated the game)for the rest of the 1970-71 season. He carried on playing well in the first half of the following season (apart from that 5-0 defeat at West Ham) and was called up to the England u23 twice. He had a shocker in the 5-0 defeat at home to Arsenal but still kept his place in the team for more than 2 months ( Harris asked Hodgy to return but he refused and McAlister, who played in the friendly against Dynamo Kiev, wasnt ready yet) and then he had a shocker in the 4-0 home defeat against Derby. McAlister then came into the 1st team and stayed there until he broke his leg against Man city in October 1973
Not questioning your memory at all its just my opinion but Hope was not in the same class as Mcallister, Brown, Kelly possibly Tracey, Burridge was good but essentric, Kenney made great saves but didnt command his box, Hodgy was folklore.

I would put Hope in the same catorgory as Nicky Johns

I always liked Kevin Arnott as a player, especially as he was playing with some proper shite! However with the central midfielders I've seen I'd need a squad of fifty to include him. I couldn't decide for ages between Brown, Hamson and Sabella!

He scored my favourite Utd goal at Southend in div 4. Hamson was good and close ,Sabella was all style but no substance.

Only including players i've actually seen play.

Kelly​
Boborkis McGrath Jagielka Nilsen​
Ndlovu Brown McCall Whitehouse​
Deane Beattie​
SUBS: Kenny, Walker, Morgan, Geary, Tonge, Blake, Fjortoft​
I was struggling for a right winger there​

Back
Top Bottom