You See This Man...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

20160423-l-george-long-vbarnsley135-3076395_613x460.jpg

Named in the starting eleven against Oldham.

What is your reaction?

Jake Wright will tell him what to do.

We do have Eastwood as well.

Lmaobob noticed it immediately after he made the catch and falling awkwardly on the ground and alerted me. We thought after the ball was clear that Moore was signaling the dugout that he was struggling

I thought Moore tweaked somat and looked like he was in discomfort

Nowt against GL, but please Mr Moore be reyt for next weekend

I'm certain Blades fans will get right behind GL should he be needed.

I think if you lose your first choice keeper you can make an emergency 28 day loan regardless of any other keepers in the squad.

With Ramsdale looking as though he's 4th choice at Bournemouth (perhaps third with the one who's injured long term) Wilder may consider giving Eddie Howe a ring and asking him for a favour if anything happened to Moore at this stage.

As others have said above, I'd hope he has a good game and we get the three points...I do understand that some have written the lad off completely and are adamant this is how we fuck it up...

I think if you lose your first choice keeper you can make an emergency 28 day loan regardless of any other keepers in the squad.

With Ramsdale looking as though he's 4th choice at Bournemouth (perhaps third with the one who's injured long term) Wilder may consider giving Eddie Howe a ring and asking him for a favour if anything happened to Moore at this stage.
I think you can only get an Emergency goalkeeper loan if all professional keepers are unavailable.

It probably wouldn't make a lot of difference away from home as we often have to score 3 to win anyway !!

Moore definitely had a reaction after stretching to make that save in the second half. A few sat around me commented on it. Probably groin but how serious we'll soon find out.

As an aside, I don't know if it has been discussed before but seeing as a goalie has fuck all to do for 90% of a game, shouldn't he wear something warmer. I mean, he's stood there with next to fuck all on in the cold and pissing rain then suddenly you're called on to make a flying save. The odds are high that you're going to twang something in this situation. It all seems a bit obvious to me so shouldn't they have thermal vests and leggings on at the least?

I have watched George playing for the Under 23s this year and his performances have been great. Good support when the young ones play. He looks fit but needs to be supported if and when he steps up. The alternative Eastwood is not there yet, good prospect but sill a bit too soon to play him up. I'll be sorry if Long isn't playing at Havant tonight but its all about the big team. Let the lad settle in and I'm sure he will be fine

Going to stick my neck out here and say this guy should be absolutely nowhere near our squad or even the bench. I always hear blades referring to him only being young and has plenty of time to progress, which may have a little truth in it. However, he's played enough competitive games for me to show his worth and he's failed miserably. He has no communication with his defence and that's something ALL top goalies have and the thing is it's not even the hardest part of a goalkeepers game, it's fucking basics. I do hope we sign another goalie next season if it's only as back up because we can't rely on Long imo.

My immeadiate reaction would be one of shock that Moore is out. And then give the lad support. As we should be doing at such a crucial stage of the season.

Going to stick my neck out here and say this guy should be absolutely nowhere near our squad or even the bench. I always hear blades referring to him only being young and has plenty of time to progress, which may have a little truth in it. However, he's played enough competitive games for me to show his worth and he's failed miserably. He has no communication with his defence and that's something ALL top goalies have and the thing is it's not even the hardest part of a goalkeepers game, it's fucking basics. I do hope we sign another goalie next season if it's only as back up because we can't rely on Long imo.

Consider the defence that he's played behind in previous seasons (Alcock, McEverley etc) and then tell me the defence we have now won't make a difference to how George Long plays. Mark Howard wasn't thought of very highly while at United but Bolton have conceded less goals than anyone this season, because they've got a solid defence.

Moore definitely had a reaction after stretching to make that save in the second half. A few sat around me commented on it. Probably groin but how serious we'll soon find out.

As an aside, I don't know if it has been discussed before but seeing as a goalie has fuck all to do for 90% of a game, shouldn't he wear something warmer. I mean, he's stood there with next to fuck all on in the cold and pissing rain then suddenly you're called on to make a flying save. The odds are high that you're going to twang something in this situation. It all seems a bit obvious to me so shouldn't they have thermal vests and leggings on at the least?
You'll be wanting goalies to wear caps n gloves next :eek:

I'm not George's biggest fan and was delighted when we signed Moore. SM commands his defence much better which I've always felt was one of GL's biggest weaknesses, and I also believe SM makes more crucial saves.

That said SM has made a number of mistakes this season that have led to goals like GL did last.

However not only is George a local lad who's come through our ranks, and therefore I'd like to see progress and do well, why the bloody hell wouldn't any of us support him if he plays between now and the end of the season. What's gone has gone, and whether any of us feel he's good enough or not, surely the only sensible thing to do is get behind him.

I would pray to the footballing gods that our strikers had their shooting boots on that day. 3 goals required.

Everyone is saying , if this rumour is true ,
Where doomed I Tell ya all .
But I'm just casting my mind back to after the mini blip ,
After Walsall , a lot wanted Moore dropped , cause he'd turned shite and wasn't good enough .
Fans ehh fickle bunch aren't we .

Back
Top Bottom