Would the players want Wilder back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would the players want Wilder back?

• Total voters

I really don't think so.

There are several players that won't have forgotten how he laid into them, this well known interview being the main example.

He's not a fan of signing or playing non-British players, and we now have several of them.

He also hasn't succeeded since leaving us and doesn't have significant pedigree/contacts in the game.

Has the Prince even considered this aspect?

Snowflake culture.

Fuck Wilder and fuck the fanboys trumpeting his return.

Word gets around?

"Wilder doesn't like foreign players Gustavo!"
"Wasn't two of his biggest signings Mousett and Berge?"

Uhhhhhm, yeah, but we like to call him a Brexit Blade for no apparent reason.

By "biggest" do you mean 'tall' as in Berge and 'overweight as in Mousett'? 😄

I noticed in the Norwood SUFC podcast the other week that he mentioned Wilder in glowing terms throughout the pod where has he barely mentioned Hecky at all.

Atleast he got a reaction from them mostly.

What exactly was wrong with what he said? Maybe we would have had a reaction this year if Hecky told the players how it is in public? We lauded Wilder when he slated Henderson after the mistake vs Liverpool, complimenting his man management. No different here, he knows the players and what motivates em.

I'm not advocating Hecky going or Wilder coming back. What we should be is respectful of 2 managers that have done great things for us.

Was he wrong though ?

The other thing that FMBlade1 doesn’t seem to consider in his obsession with the Leicester interview is that the players won’t even have seen it, and on top of that they’d have heard much worse from Wilder in the changing room in games during his tenure. It’s very naive to think that Leicester interview had any bearing on the performance of our players.

Can I please refer to the performances and results we delivered in the two very winnable games we faced after Leicester?

If you still think he was right, got a reaction, or believe its naive to think the Leicester interview had a bearing then you're better at ignoring evidence than me.

Who cares what the players think. If they want to play for a manager they like then start getting a few results.

Personally if I was a footballer. Large majority of it would be for money. Wilder earnt all of them their biggest pay day with the first promotion. So I would be all for it hoping he can do something to earn us more money.

Wilder's track record since United has been utter dogshit. He's done absolutely nothing. Nothing at all worth any recognition.
Yes he did amazingly well with United. Then he had a terrible season the we were relegated...and so what Covid, everyone suffered it...
But really, what has he said in this "infamous" interview that rankles with people? Did he hurt the feelings of the poor little footballers?
Did he really throw them under the bus? I don't hear it in this interview...just hear his utter disappointment and the fact he is bitterly disappointed with the performance of his team. Nowt wrong with that as far as I can see.
All the rest of the Wilder back story can be debated til the cows come home and after him leaving United and doing absioutely nothing of any note with anyone since, I'm not so sure him coming back is gonna be a great idea, but in this instance, this interview...he got it right as far as I can see..
Just disregarding the seasons before the 9th in the prem ?

Can I please refer to the performances and results we delivered in the two very winnable games we faced after Leicester?

If you still think he was right, got a reaction, or believe its naive to think the Leicester interview had a bearing then you're better at ignoring evidence than me.
So, your saying that because we had a 3 game dip, he got no reaction from the players!?
Well, if you want evidence, we have 1 point from 10 games weve played this season, 1 point!, and just to add a bit of icing to that cake, a fucking horrendous goal difference!, which we somehow managed to avoid under Wilder and Knill.

I understand you don't want Wilder back, a lot dont, but, he was still the manager that got us from league 1 to the prem, and took us to a 9th place! finish too, also he had 1 bad season with us, and if what was heard is correct, left the club as he felt that he couldn't turn it around and wanted the best for the club and fans, and hoped appointment of a new manager would help, not saying it is true, but it is feasible.
Oh and, who else would we get in, relegation almost nailed on right now, a drop to the championship probable, who wants that on their cv after 3/4 of a season??

What do you suggest, as not sacking Hecky seems stupid after this start, even though he's been great and I hope he stays with the club in another role should it happen!??

I really don't think so.

There are several players that won't have forgotten how he laid into them, this well known interview being the main example.

He's not a fan of signing or playing non-British players, and we now have several of them.

He also hasn't succeeded since leaving us and doesn't have significant pedigree/contacts in the game.

This interview was the beginning of the end for Wilder.

This Was the point he started to lose the dressing room. Most of the more senior players we have now were there then.

I really don't think so.

Anyone who saw that game probably echoed exactly what Wilder said in this interview.

He is was right and his style of management worked during his time here.

At least it's not the same old tired quotes from Hecky...

"First half was fine, second half bad"

"We need to learn from it"

"We're not going to sulk and no one's gunna feel sorry for us"

Pretty much the entire squad spoke about how much they liked working with him on socials after he left. So I'm guessing yeah they're ok if he came back..

Then the new UN's have yet to work with him anyway.

Back
Top Bottom