Winger

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
With the Pellistri loan looking like a real possibility and the fact he appears to be an out and out winger maybe it's time to ditch the three centre backs system and play a different formation? Trusty and Anel with Egan as backup or Egan and Anel (with Trusty as backup along with JLT on the bench too of course) as a centre back pairing. Trusty/JLT can also play at LWB. Whatever, but play 4 at the back then a midfield/ attacking formation that can be more fluid. At the moment we are predictable and teams play around our weaknesses. We don't even really play an overlapping centre back system now. We are more static. An out and out winger would demand a system change.

With the Pellistri loan looking like a real possibility and the fact he appears to be an out and out winger maybe it's time to ditch the three centre backs system and play a different formation? Trusty and Anel with Egan as backup or Egan and Anel (with Trusty as backup along with JLT on the bench too of course) as a centre back pairing. Trusty/JLT can also play at LWB. Whatever, but play 4 at the back then a midfield/ attacking formation that can be more fluid. At the moment we are predictable and teams play around our weaknesses. We don't even really play an overlapping centre back system now. We are more static. An out and out winger would demand a system change.
I thought Pellistri is a midfielder.

352 has restricted us since our CBs stopped overlapping and we stopped overloading the opposition fullbacks. It just doesnt seem to work anymore. We always seem to be outnumbered all over the pitch and our strikers are isolated. Unfortunately we cant just ditch the system as it's in our DNA throughout the youth team.

There's no doubt our strikers need more support, and panicking and smashing long hopeful balls down the channels will get us in trouble in the Premier league. Ideally I'd like to see:

Wes
Baldock - Ahmedhodzic - Egan - Trusty
Souza - Doyle
Pellistri - Hamer - Mcatee
Mcburnie

Or with the current squad:

Wes
Souza - Norwood
Slimane - Hamer
Traore
Mcburnie

352 has restricted us since our CBs stopped overlapping and we stopped overloading the opposition fullbacks. It just doesnt seem to work anymore. We always seem to be outnumbered all over the pitch and our strikers are isolated. Unfortunately we cant just ditch the system as it's in our DNA throughout the youth team.

There's no doubt our strikers need more support, and panicking and smashing long hopeful balls down the channels will get us in trouble in the Premier league. Ideally I'd like to see:

Wes
Souza - Doyle
Pellistri - Hamer - Mcatee
Mcburnie

Or with the current squad:

Wes
Souza - Norwood
Slimane - Hamer
Traore
Mcburnie
Totally agree. I would have Davies for Norwood when up to speed. Norwood is too static.

Revisiting this as I don't think the three centre backs system is going to work this season. That said we don't have wingers but a 433 with Souza, Hamer, Davies in behind McAtee, McBurnie, Archer would gives us more flexibility and allow us to play on the front foot. We looked defensively vulnerable today.

Revisiting this as I don't think the three centre backs system is going to work this season. That said we don't have wingers but a 433 with Souza, Hamer, Davies in behind McAtee, McBurnie, Archer would gives us more flexibility and allow us to play on the front foot. We looked defensively vulnerable today.

Agree with this. Might not work but I like the idea of what you're suggesting

I'm also convinced we need to go to a back 4 and beef up the midfield. Unfortunately all our players can only play with a back 5 - allegedly.

What is obvious is that against weaker teams at home where we need 3 points we can not play with both Norwood and Souza. Neither wants to go forward so we are effectively playing with 8 defensively minded players and only Hamer Archer and McB as attacking minded players.

When McAtee comes in we should then have 4 attack8ng players. Whether Norwood or Souza is dropped I don't know because to be honest I haven't seen enough from Souza yet to convince me he's better than Norwood. And as someone who thinks Norwoods time is up that doesn't fill me with glee. Ovviously Souza needs more time to settle and weve also got Slimane.

I expect our midfield 3 eventually to be Hamer, McAtee and either Souza or Slimane

Back
Top Bottom