Wilson frustrated..................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score

Getting someone to take Hendo off our hands, in addition to getting some money for Yeates has surpassed my wildest expectations.

Would love to see Ched go this week (if only to free up wages) and it would be lovely to see Cresswell and Bogdanovic go too, but I doubt that will happen.

If no one bids for Monty or Quinn, I'll be happy. The latter in particular will be very effective in this league.

Ultimately I expect Evans, Quinn and Monty to leave with an outside chance of Willo too. Then another 3 or 4 players to come in.

Got to be the biggest shock since that apple with adam and eve, such a talented group of footballers and no one wants to purchase them, beggers belief!!!

Total filler.

Are the Star saying that our targets weren't made aware that nothing will happen until after the 19th?

Oh the players got ichy feet having to wait. Really? Its a fixed date, every man and his dog knows we won't bring anyone in for a decent fee/wages until the Ched situation is resolved, and that should be tomorrow.

We are looking at higher profile targets, not all want to join us we made initial enquires. I don't see the story here.

we get this every year...oh we cant sign anyone any good because of the high earners on the books who miraculously leave just before the transfer window shuts by which time its too late to get anyone good. there are no high profile targets.... and it must feel the low profile signings feel very valued saying that, as well!

Bob, are we really saying to our first choice targets that we may/may not want them but please don't do anything else unil the 19th of July?

I wonder what happened to the we don't have to sell before we buy quote....

I wonder what happened to the we don't have to sell before we buy quote....

I thought we had bought or were the 3 players already brought in figments of my imagination?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Bob, are we really saying to our first choice targets that we may/may not want them but please don't do anything else unil the 19th of July?

I would suspect we'd register an interest, but it's quite clear nothing will happen until after tomorrow, where we know if we can sell a player currently drawing £1 million a year out of the wage bill.

I don't want to get picky, but Philliskirk was signed before Wilson came in

Jean Francois was signed before July 1st too. So not sure what that makes him

The club itself stated that Flynn was the first signing of the summer (ref: OS), Porter the second, so thats two in, two out.

And now wee Danny is saying he can't bring players in without moving more on

Was he? I thought the signing was completed well after Wilson started. Wouldn't it be a bit strange signing a player when we had no Manager? That would be like the Chairman running the team. Oh.

The club itself stated that Flynn was the first signing of the summer (ref: OS), Porter the second, so thats two in, two out.

What's your point?

UTB

True, wasn't this a decision made by the coaches and approved by Micky Adams before he left?

A Sheffield United player. He was signed before July 1st, which is when the player registration window opens. There's nothing stopping us from signing players, we just can't play them.

It's four in, four out - Kingsley James and Phil Roe have left too. One assumes that Ryan France has been released as well but there's been no confirmation.

That is probably more to do with needing to find out what's happening with Ched Evans than anything else.

Swiss, you used to be balanced but it seems to have gone out of the window with your response to Danny Wilson. What has he done that deserves this level of mistrust??

Excuse one and I await some more before the end of August.

"They didn't want to join us, our players don't want to move and most of targets have found new clubs."

"Although the good news is the pitch is growing well before the new season and we should be able to play some football on it."

Swiss, you used to be balanced but it seems to have gone out of the window with your response to Danny Wilson. What has he done that deserves this level of mistrust??

He's a shite manager and whilst he sometimes seems to talk some sense, he's backed it up with back tracking

He's a shite manager and whilst he sometimes seems to talk some sense, he's backed it up with back tracking

You seem to have lost all pespective these days. Whilst I shared your utter disappointment with Wilson's appointment, you're trying far to hard to find fault. He's done nothing wrong so far.

I jest, but your inability to see fault in our bank crippling cart horse of a center forward makes this all the more bemusing.

UTB

You seem to have lost all pespective these days. Whilst I shared your utter disappointment with Wilson's appointment, you're trying far to hard to find fault. He's done nothing wrong so far.

I jest, but your inability to see fault in our bank crippling cart horse of a center forward makes this all the more bemusing.

UTB

Lost all perspective? Perhaps from your perspective, but from mine I maintain my tried and tested perspective (some say its been balanced in the past)

You're right, he's done nothing so far. It's not exactly hard to find fault, he's throwing them up quite regularly whenever he speaks. I suspect the same old excuses will be wheeled out by September. Of course its not just Wilson who will be to blame.

We'll see though. Of course to provide balance I'll also provide praise when he does something right... so far I haven't found anything yet

On to "our bank crippling cart horse of a centre forward". Not sure who this is, Hendo has gone ;)

I have been critical of all players in the past, I've also recognised that some players have something to offer, but without the players providing the supply lines, then its unlikely we'll see it from United strikers.

No he hasn't we can't bring in players on the higher wages until we know what is happening. Nothing to do with not being able to bring anyone in, we've already brought in 4.

No he hasn't we can't bring in players on the higher wages until we know what is happening. Nothing to do with not being able to bring anyone in, we've already brought in 4.

Keep toeing the line Bob ;) But I think we've established that its a one out - one in policy

I'm not unhappy with that, I expected it. What I don't like is the lies.... Or before we get into a long discussion about this - the misleading information coming out of the club.

Was he? I thought the signing was completed well after Wilson started. Wouldn't it be a bit strange signing a player when we had no Manager? That would be like the Chairman running the team. Oh.

The signing was agreed before the end of last season, I remember them announcing it after one of the last few games. Made official on 1st July.

Back
Top Bottom