Will we beat the Derby County record?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will we achieve more than 11 points this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whiston Blade

Reaction score
Everyone knows what “doing a Derby” is and how shit they were in their record breaking 07/08 Premier League season. We’re on a fast track to beating their 11 point total, we currently have 2 points, at the same point in their season they had 9..

God help us.

I think eventually we might win one 1-0.

We might pick up a 2/3 draws, which would leave us still in single figures.

Before today I would have thought we would, but to roll over to a Palace side that lose 7-0 at home the other week?
This is the worst team in Premier League history and it's our lot. Better enjoy the ride folks. First single digit top flight season is a real possibility. Just can't see where we win.

Reactions: SLB
Everyone knows what “doing a Derby” is and how shit they were in their record breaking 07/08 Premier League season. We’re on a fast track to beating their 11 point total, we currently have 2 points, at the same point in their season they had 9..

God help us.
Where's the option for fewer points ?

We'll get 5 or less and I don't think that will ever be beaten

I really hope we’ll beat it but don’t think we will.

Them for years to come, whenever people are talking about dreadful sides in the Premier League, they’ll hold this blades side up as the bench mark for how bad a side can get.

It’s embarrassing if I’m being honest.

I say Derby's record is safe.

We "only" need 0.5 points per game from here.

about 75% think we'll get less than 11 points, about 75% think Wilder should stay, make your own mind up.

I remain convinced we'll get more than Derby. I genuinely think we're considerably better than that Derby side, a lucky win would do us the would of good.
4 of Derby's points came against our next opponents. Fingers crossed they're still feeling as generous.

When the football's as shit as it currently is, the pedantry is the only thing worth logging in to this forum for.

Absolutely, I'm sure people will bemoan the 'grammar nazis', but they only have themselves to blame. In fact, my New Year's resolution is: to annoy less grammar Nazi's

In my darker moments, I wonder if we’ll score eleven goals, let alone reach 11 points. Fewer for me, I’m afraid.

Unless we get a couple of humans capable of playing football to a degree that also motivates the rest of the squad in the JTW, I can see us staying under 5 points. Draws with Burnley at home and West Brom away.

Where are we getting 9 points to share their record? I think you'd have to go bottom half of the Championship to find a team we'd have a chance of beating at the moment, and that wouldn't be a sure thing.

I genuinely think we will beat 11 points, but does it even matter if we end up marooned and relegated?!

We're already marooned. 10 points off safety and we're averaging about 0.1 points per game.

WHEN we beat Derby's total.....love a celebration! 🥳

Attachments

• 20210102_230004.jpg
    20210102_230004.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
I know that. I guess my point is I don't much care whether we go down on 38 points or 3 points....

I don't care in a way, to stay up now would be beyond miraculous and going down is going down, but I'd rather we went down with more points than Derby.

That's all I want.

I have no idea who we are supposed to beat to even get to 5 points. Ony West Brom are a real match for us

I can't see that any midfield cobbled together from (this season's versions of) Norwood/Fleck/Lundstram/Ampadu/Osborn and Berge once he's back is capable of being competitive at this level. It's the main reason we start every game looking beaten already. For that reason I'm hard pressed to see us getting double figures.

Back
Top Bottom