Will Smith choose us??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GAZBLADE

Reaction score
I wonder if Tommy Smith and his agent will be tempted to choose the Blades over Reading now we've had a decent start???
I know he's always said he wants to stay down south but it'll be interesting to see who he chooses.

Reading have withdrawn all their interest apparently...

Reading have withdrawn all their interest apparently...

Hope we have too, especially at the £1.8million they were talking about. He is not the answer and its a lot of money to piss away.

Stay down sarf you big nancy.

From the Evening Standard...

"WATFORD striker Tommy Smith is expected to join Sheffield United this week.

The Vicarage Road club have accepted a £1.8million bid for Smith, who scored in the 2-2 draw with Blackpool on Saturday."

Personally, I don't think we're in for him any more.

London evening standard is a respected watford newspaper who get info from reliable watford sources

London evening standard is a respected watford newspaper who get info from reliable watford sources

'respected,' and the 'evening standard' should never be used together. I wouldn't even wipe my arse with that paper.

I hope we don't sign him and certainly not at that price.

I'd imagine he'd stay, too. Nothing's changed with us; we've not suddenly moved further down south. Unless he's going to play as a striker, we don't need him anyway - wingers are something we've got plenty of, and they're all playing well at the moment.

Sky sports says he is having a medical at Reading today
He didn't want to go to the Blades,Blackwell has known this so he should have moved to other targets to spend his 1.8 million .

Sky sports says he is having a medical at Reading today
He didn't want to go to the Blades,Blackwell has known this so he should have moved to other targets to spend his 1.8 million .

Blackie didn't know he didn't want to come to the Blades, just that his first choice was Reading.

We don't want him, he has already made his decision. If Reading now turn round and don't sign him thats his problem

I think that's a "cutting your nose off to spite your face" attitude.

I don't think you can fault a player for wanting to play for his old manager rather than uprooting his family and moving to Sheffield to play for someone he has never played for before, especially considering this is probably his last big move.

The idea that every player has to have United as their first choice seems stupid to me. Of course United are number one to us, but these guys are professional footballers who have to make the best decisions for their families as well as their careers.

Blackie didn't know he didn't want to come to the Blades, just that his first choice was Reading.

I'd say there's a fairly good chance that Blackie did know. It's not a secret that he wanted to move back down south when he was last north of Watford.

Back
Top Bottom