Wilders first season is happening again....keep the faith.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
So Wilder lost 3 and drew 1 of his first 4 games then smashed the league. Who's to say it can't happen again. At the time we were awful and after the Southend at home drubbing i came on here and said Wilder was out of his depth and the players were dog shit, then ,hey ho off we went. It's a funny old game.

Five years ago today United lost at Millwall, we were at the bottom of League One. Wilder famously stopped off at an off licence to get drinks for the players and the rest is history. Come on Slavisa, get the drinks in!

Five years ago today United lost at Millwall, we were at the bottom of League One. Wilder famously stopped off at an off licence to get drinks for the players and the rest is history. Come on Slavisa, get the drinks in!
Hes taken them all to McDonald's, will have to see what happens tomorrow!!?!!

I think the thing is in that season we at least did something in those first 4 games. The Millwall game in particular we deserved something out of if not a win.
We weren't fantastic though, even that first win was a bit scrappy. But it was a fresh new team lots of players trying to gel.

I do think SJ has been dealt a poor hand at the minute, I'm sure if he was able to be honest he would say he's surprised that signings are taking so long.

Why are so many fans obsessed with taking a previous part of our history and convincing themselves it will happen again for no reason whatsoever.

IF he starts centrally rather than on the right displacing Norwood.

Indeed !

It's where he played for Norway, it's where he played for Genk when Knilly went chasing round Europe watching him.

Strange that we continue to play him right side of midfield.

Not convinced Slav is brave enough to do this - Norwood appears to be golden balls to SJ

I'd actually contemplate 4 at the back, Berge in front of Egan & Davies. A bit radical but all those 3 have played that way before.

UTB

Indeed !

It's where he played for Norway, it's where he played for Genk when Knilly went chasing round Europe watching him.

Strange that we continue to play him right side of midfield.

Not convinced Slav is brave enough to do this - Norwood appears to be golden balls to SJ

I'd actually contemplate 4 at the back, Berge in front of Egan & Davies. A bit radical but all those 3 have played that way before.

UTB
I’d actually go with Berge behind Bash at RCM and Fleck at LCM as things stand.

Assuming 4:3:3 is the way he wants to go.

UTB

While I agree with the sentiment.. it’s not a crate of beer they need.. they need to be reminded that they are talented professional footballers who should be applying themselves in every aspect of their role and have the confidence to aim for previous achievements. Less pop, more application.

So Wilder lost 3 and drew 1 of his first 4 games then smashed the league. Who's to say it can't happen again. At the time we were awful and after the Southend at home drubbing i came on here and said Wilder was out of his depth and the players were dog shit, then ,hey ho off we went. It's a funny old game.

For me we're on a knife edge between Wilder's first season and the start of the Adkins season.

Sadly I think it bears more similarities with the Adkins era given like Slav, Nige had inherited a lop sided squad of over the hill mercenaries and had been given hardly any new players to work with from the start. Wilder's slow start had a lot to do with bedding in a brand new squad that he'd had all pre season to work with. Eventually they came good. But at least he had the tools from the get go. Nigel didn't and sadly neither does Slav.

Back
Top Bottom