Wilderback

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you take wilder back ?

• Yes

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Fuck off fallowfield

Votes: 206 55.7%

• Total voters

Who gets rid of or even talks about getting rid of a manager when the team is 2nd in the table?
The answer to your question is our resident attention seeker and UAFA A qualified village idiot.

As if defeats and watching our point lead erode away wasn't bad enough, now there's Fallowfield in posting ponders and bollocks overdrive.

Haven't we suffered enough?

Can you explain to me what bit of what I have said that you disagree with ?

I can.

You want to replace a manager who took us over when we were foundering in the doldrums of Championship mediocrity, got us to the playoffs and out on pens and this season in the automatic positions for a manager who bought a skipful of duds and wasted countless millions, fucked up and failed in his second season in charge, had no plan b to at least save face for the 22 losses, 2 draws and 4 wins he'd accrued and the basement level performances we were submitting? Just look at those stats for a moment Fallowfield. Under Wilder in that season we were beaten 22 times. This with 18 of the current squad in that team including several who played on Saturday. Now, using your fucked-up, Subbuteo-level footballing acumen, tell us how Chris Wilder, with his easily beaten football system, will energise and out-tactic our remaining oppositions? I know you won't, because you're a deluded troll who thrives on the attention. And you know jack shit about football with your shit team selections (which contain banned or injured players) and your juvenile nicknames, none of which are original or quotable.

Option three for me every time.

pommpey

I loved Wilder look at my user name, but Hecky has earned the right to take this team on. No one will know what impact being able to strengthen in January, even with a loan signing, might have made given the fact that he clearly hoped to bring someone in. The fact he couldn't is not his fault. We stick with him, blame him if you like for what he can control. Picking the wrong players maybe. Players loss of form not his fault. Persevering with certain players might be, does he feel he has any option?

I can.

You want to replace a manager who took us over when we were foundering in the doldrums of Championship mediocrity, got us to the playoffs and out on pens and this season in the automatic positions for a manager who bought a skipful of duds and wasted countless millions, fucked up and failed in his second season in charge, had no plan b to at least save face for the 22 losses, 2 draws and 4 wins he'd accrued and the basement level performances we were submitting? Just look at those stats for a moment Fallowfield. Under Wilder in that season we were beaten 22 times. This with 18 of the current squad in that team including several who played on Saturday. Now, using your fucked-up, Subbuteo-level footballing acumen, tell us how Chris Wilder, with his easily beaten football system, will energise and out-tactic our remaining oppositions? I know you won't, because you're a deluded troll who thrives on the attention. And you know jack shit about football with your shit team selections (which contain banned or injured players) and your juvenile nicknames, none of which are original or quotable.

Option three for me every time.

pommpey

Portsmouth what you’re doing is selecting a very brief period in wilders tenure and I’m sure you know there are plenty of reasons that lead to that mess of a season some in his control and some not

Hecky didn’t take us from the relegation zone to the brink of promotion he isn’t the oracle he has done a decent job but no more and is clearly not good enough infact he is nowhere near good enough

We sacked Slav after we beat reading away and were 6 points off the play offs with 27 games left at the time which is nothing with more than half a season left

It’s utter tosh that he worked miracles last season we had arguably three of the best forwards in the League ndiaye/Berge/mgw
play offs was a minimum with that squad

And we started playing hecky ball boring football towards the end of last season as we scraped the play offs and crawled over the line

Last edited:
Portsmouth what you’re doing is selecting a very brief period in wilders tenure and I’m sure you know there are plenty of reasons that lead to that mess of a season some in his control and some not

Hecky didn’t take us from the relegation zone to the brink of promotion he isn’t the oracle he has done a decent job but no more and is clearly not good enough infact he is nowhere near good enough

We sacked Slav after we beat reading away and were 6 points off the play offs with 27 games left at the time which is nothing with more than half a season left

It’s utter tosh that he worked miracles last season we had arguably three of the best forwards in the League ndiaye/Berge/mgw

And we started playing hecky ball boring football towards the end of last season as we scraped the play offs and crawled over the line
Isn't it time you were in bed? Your teddy bear must be missing you.

Btw berg\ndiaye\mgw are all midfielders. And you with a UAFA A badge ! Fancying not knowing that.

Last edited:
Isn't it time you were in bed? Your teddy bear must be missing you.

Btw berg\ndiaye\mgw are all midfielders. And you with a UAFA A badge ! Fancying knowing that.

Why did ndiaye play as a striker on saturday then

You know nowt baldy

I don't think Wilder would be answer to the current situation even tho he had great era with us few seasons ago. Hecky has areas that could be improved, but he has got the a lot out of the current squad which in all honest needs updating.

Assuming this is a serious post (which is a bit assumption), I will answer your points.
I agree with you that Paul Heckingbottom shows some tactical weaknesses - some of his team selections have had us scratching our heads, but have worked brilliantly. Some, like Saturday's midfield have been turgid shit. Thing is no manager is perfect. Chris was brilliant but he showed his weaknesses too.

With 12 matches left, do you seriously think the uncertain benefit of a new manager's technical superiority would offset the upheaval of sacking a manager and bringing in a new manager (new training team too? or will the new manager be working with Jack and Stuart?). New manager bounce works (at least for a few games) when teams have been struggling and are just grateful for a change of direction. But when a team is doing well, has good team spirit and is playing a system they understand, I think a change of manager would be likely to result in worse performances and worse results.

I do however think that if we get promotion and a new owner, there will be a change of manager soon after.

Yes. a very brief period. One that led to 22 defeats and us relegated. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

When he took over, we'd lost eight of our opening games up to November on a form that would eventually see us scrapping out the second period of the season in the lower half of the division. Heckingbottom got us turned round and up into the playoff contendership. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

But on form basis we would never have reached the playoffs. Anyone with a UEFA B licence could see the 4-2-3-1 system he wanted us to play wasn't working. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

NDaiye (an Attacking Midfielder), Berge (signed in a Defensive Midfielder role) and Gibbs-White (another 'number ten')

Three of the best forwards? Are you purposefully talking bollocks that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

And it happened. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

But made the playoffs. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

Every time, every statement and every gesture you make on this messageboard to either stir controversy or generate debate ends up with you looking like an even bigger chopper. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. You know fuck all about football and fuck all about United. All you are is a 'a fan' and in that a pretty stupid one. S24SU isn't fertile ground for you Fallowfield. You are widely mocked and reviled and no amount of further utterances from that empty melon of yours can convince anyone otherwise. I'd credit you with being a troll ... but usually trolls are more intelligent and nuanced. Besides, if you were, it would be obvious by now. What is apparent is that you are desperate and cretinous in equal measures. Hassenthul? Wilder? Fat Sam? Forget it. Even if we fuck up and fail, it aint gonna happen, let alone on your recommendation.

Option three.

pommpey

In 2012 our neighbours did a similar thing. Gary Megson just beaten us at Hillsborough. They replaced him with Dave Jones. The rest is history. Tough on Hecky. But might be for the best interests of the club.

Try this

View attachment 155146

'You're only as good as your last record' as they say in the music industry.

And you want him back.

pommpey
This

Had he rode out of town after the 9th place finish for a sabbatical, too prem/European job then I would be agreeing we could welcome him back - but not now with Hecky doing a decent job - in other seasons we could be top on the points total we’ve held thro the season barring a freakish Burnley output

But he didn’t, he went way past his sell by date, brought embarrassment to the club not only with the week in week out results, but his interviews blaming everyone but himself

He then we’ll and truly burnt his bridges by trousering £4m from the “club he loves”

Add to that he did a rinse and repeat job at Boro shows his petulance wasn’t the reserve of us

some fans, UEFA U badge or not seen to think they know more than the people that run clubs such as Everton, Southampton, Leeds, Brighton, Wolves, Villa.
Stoke, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford, West Brom, Wigan, Norwich, Blackpool, QPR…..

This

Had he rode out of town after the 9th place finish for a sabbatical, too prem/European job then I would be agreeing we could welcome him back - but not now with Hecky doing a decent job - in other seasons we could be top on the points total we’ve held thro the season barring a freakish Burnley output

But he didn’t, he went way past his sell by date, brought embarrassment to the club not only with the week in week out results, but his interviews blaming everyone but himself

He then we’ll and truly burnt his bridges by trousering £4m from the “club he loves”

Add to that he did a rinse and repeat job at Boro shows his petulance wasn’t the reserve of us

some fans, UEFA U badge or not seen to think they know more than the people that run clubs such as Everton, Southampton, Leeds, Brighton, Wolves, Villa.
Stoke, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford, West Brom, Wigan, Norwich, Blackpool, QPR…..

How do you know he took £4 million

You do know that he got paid to work for us he wasn’t a volunteer

I’d say because he earned the club what £200 million plus £4 million is actually the minimum he deserved

When Wilder left, he was either stubbornly sticking to his system and plan A, convinced it would come back in again like a guy refusing to chuck our his flares. That or he couldn't come up a plan B and a new system because he didn't know how or he had a crop of players that now couldn't play another way.

Whichever it was what has changed since to make everything work this time? Wilder hasn't become magically more flexible. He left Boro with the same charge of stubbornness hanging over him.

Would he have a fresh crop of versatile players to work with here? Nope, largely the same set he brought in.

Okay, but maybe they've become more versatile? Nope. Slav tried to get them playing differently but week after week we looked uninspiring with no signs of improvement. Things only got better when he reverted and it's a frustrating characteristic of us now, a tendency to revert to Wilder style.

Maybe Wilder could use his man management style to get our lot playing good again? No because he burned his bridges with most of the squad in that prem season with his ever escalating under-the-bus throwing. No amount of off license trips is going to fix that.

Plus that's another charge from Boro too. The same pattern of blaming the players when it inevitably goes tits up.

In short, Wilder hasn't changed enough and our squad hasn't changed enough. So no. It's bollocks.

Yes. a very brief period. One that led to 22 defeats and us relegated. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

When he took over, we'd lost eight of our opening games up to November on a form that would eventually see us scrapping out the second period of the season in the lower half of the division. Heckingbottom got us turned round and up into the playoff contendership. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

But on form basis we would never have reached the playoffs. Anyone with a UEFA B licence could see the 4-2-3-1 system he wanted us to play wasn't working. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

NDaiye (an Attacking Midfielder), Berge (signed in a Defensive Midfielder role) and Gibbs-White (another 'number ten')

Three of the best forwards? Are you purposefully talking bollocks that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

And it happened. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

But made the playoffs. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

Every time, every statement and every gesture you make on this messageboard to either stir controversy or generate debate ends up with you looking like an even bigger chopper. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. You know fuck all about football and fuck all about United. All you are is a 'a fan' and in that a pretty stupid one. S24SU isn't fertile ground for you Fallowfield. You are widely mocked and reviled and no amount of further utterances from that empty melon of yours can convince anyone otherwise. I'd credit you with being a troll ... but usually trolls are more intelligent and nuanced. Besides, if you were, it would be obvious by now. What is apparent is that you are desperate and cretinous in equal measures. Hassenthul? Wilder? Fat Sam? Forget it. Even if we fuck up and fail, it aint gonna happen, let alone on your recommendation.

Option three.

pommpey
No one’s saying wilder didn’t lost the plot that was down to plenty of reasons JOC been out for the season and no fans both been big reasons

We were 6 points off the play offs with 29 games to go you have no idea where we would have finished that season every Fulham fan said Slav starts seasons slow we could have gone down we could have won the play offs you don’t know that

We failed under Slav because he tried to change a team that had played a certain way for 5 years to the polar opposite method of playing it was always gonna take a long time to change that , in hindsight it was a crazy appointment but Slav is a far bette lr manager than Paul which is why he was picked ahead of him

Ndiaye/MGW/Berge have all played as attacking midfielders and shown to be as the best attackers in the league Hecky got the golden ticket when he got the job last year

I couldn’t care less what people think it’s better to have your own opinion than be a sheep and just clap along

And what qualifies you to post as if you are high and mighty Portsmouth ? Your opinion matter just as much as mine as it does any other poster

Fallowfieldddddd

How do you know he took £4 million

You do know that he got paid to work for us he wasn’t a volunteer

I’d say because he earned the club what £200 million plus £4 million is actually the minimum he deserved

Option three

pommpey

You're the one with the big red nose, flower that squirts water, and big fuck off shoes.

Go figure.

It’s 8am on a Monday morning and your insulting people you have never met on the internet

I hope your week improved Davalon

No one’s saying wilder didn’t lost the plot that was down to plenty of reasons JOC been out for the season and no fans both been big reasons

Big reasons, according to you. More like excuses. Unless you have some sort of data to back that up, they'll remain excuses too.

We were 6 points off the play offs with 29 games to go you have no idea where we would have finished that season every Fulham fan said Slav starts seasons slow we could have gone down we could have won the play offs you don’t know that

Or form (a better indicator of potential that simple league position which is a situational indicator and very 'relative') was very poor. I know you don't want to acknowledge that. Here's another stat backed up by data. Hecky's win percentage is currently 55%. Who was the last manager at Bramall Lane since 1889 to better that? Give you a guess. Go on. Off you fuck to find out.

No-one.

And THAT'S a 'Fallowfield FACT'

We failed under Slav because he tried to change a team that had played a certain way for 5 years to the polar opposite method of playing it was always gonna take a long time to change that , in hindsight it was a crazy appointment but Slav is a far bette lr manager than Paul which is why he was picked ahead of him

What a frankly stupid, juvenile argument. Hecky didn't want the job. And Wilder had burned Wilderball into the players so much that the players couldn't play any other way. Which is why they do even today. Which is a good 50% of our problem, in fact.

Ndiaye/MGW/Berge have all played as attacking midfielders and shown to be as the best attackers in the league Hecky got the golden ticket when he got the job last year

Attackers now? Not forwards? So, not Jebbo, McFallowfield or that other bloke you hate who wins awards and is 37 and still delivering

I couldn’t care less what people think it’s better to have your own opinion than be a sheep and just clap along

Clearly you couldn't care less. About anything, in fact. The voices in your head tell you so.

And what qualifies you to post as if you are high and mighty Portsmouth ? Your opinion matter just as much as mine as it does any other poster

Oh, I don't know. Maybe my periodic offerings garner praise and criticism, maybe I know more about United and football than you do. Maybe I don't talk out of my arse quite so much. Maybe I'm not as desperate for attention.

Bellendddddd

Fixed it for you

pommpey

Last edited:
Show your working out.

pommpey
Wilder was great for us for 90 percent of his time here. He had a poor second premier league season and we went down with a whimper which is forgivable.

The current squad in the championship are made for his tactics and the new (ish) manager bounce I think would be positive for us.

We have seen when it starts to go wrong Hecky isn’t up to it, he’s just lucky he’s had a very good squad to work with.

Bring Wilder in and we finish 2nd in my opinion, with Hecky it’s the play offs.

Back
Top Bottom