Wilder transfer window paradox

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You miss my point. To attract someone with the necessary wealth was never going to be easy. London, Manchester, or Liverpool, yes, but Sheffield is a different kettle of fish, so probably it would need someone rooted in the Blades to want to take control.

I agree, someone whose affinity isn't matched by the resources required only repeats our recent past. Otherwise I'd like to know what suggestions anyone has for attracting a prospective new owner to want to take control.
You seen who owns Wrexham now?

I want that fat useless cunt out of our club. Him and bald fuck Shieber.
I understand that McCabe originally employed Carl Shieber because he speaks fluent Chinese. At the time when he was investing in Chendu Blades, Shieber was a very useful translator/go between in negotiations.

Whether that qualifies him to still now hold such an influential role at the club, is very much a matter of opinion ?

You miss my point. To attract someone with the necessary wealth was never going to be easy. London, Manchester, or Liverpool, yes, but Sheffield is a different kettle of fish, so probably it would need someone rooted in the Blades to want to take control.

I agree, someone whose affinity isn't matched by the resources required only repeats our recent past. Otherwise I'd like to know what suggestions anyone has for attracting a prospective new owner to want to take control.
You seen who owns Wrexham now? I
Yep, not sure why they bought it, but it'll be interesting to see how they cope when losses need to be sorted.
Apparently a Wrexham fan literally asked them in a live chat show to buy the club knowing they were looking for a team to buy and it worked 😅.

Warnock and Bassett perfect examples in fact Warnock with money was a big no no
Not sure Bassett was ever given the chance tbh!! One of his last PL signings was Nathan Blake for a relative fortune (for us) and he nearly kept us up. Very few players didn't work out at some stage for DB prior to the 94 relegation. If only he'd had the proportionate money that wilder wasted!!

You seen who owns Wrexham now? I

Apparently a Wrexham fan literally asked them in a live chat show to buy the club knowing they were looking for a team to buy and it worked 😅.
if that's true it's the stuff of dreams.

I'm currently deeply uncertain about our owner, so maybe taking a leaf out of the Wrexham story wouldn't harm.

No doubt the Prince is canny and prone to digging his heels in, and it would certainly cost a pretty penny for anyone considering investing in the Blades.

My take on the Prince's ambitions may have taken a knock, I thought the key to his control of SUFC was to own a Prem club. Well that's taken a knock if true, so would it be conceivable for the Prince to cut and run if he could get his money back? That might be hopeless speculation, but currently the Prince says we're penniless, whether that's true or not it seems we're not prepared to invest in quality additions to our squad, and without this we're up shit creek. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but at the moment it seems we have an owner who see's no reason to communicate with the supporters, and by that I don't mean bland excuses, but an explanation why the parachute payments plus two seasons of Prem payments still hasn't improved our financial standing.

I dream of us having a scouting network like Brentford. Buy a player from abroad for peanuts. Sell them for a fortune a year later and scout an immediate replacement.

I'm not sure you'd find a single Blade who doesn't look at Brentford's system without fluttering their eyelashes that way.

Unfortunately it's really not as simple as just saying "let's replicate that model".

Just for clarity:

1. Their owner is mega rich and is basically a glorified professional gambler. Statistics are, and always have been, his entire life.
2. He binned off their entire academy as didn't see the value in it. That money was then channelled into an army of data analysts, millions of £ a year. Can you imagine the uproar if say PA had bought the club outright instead of a partnership and done the same considering the esteem we hold our academy and some of the players it has produced over the years? Hell we were even fawning over how many "Blades" were in the England Euro's team/squad.
3. It took years to start bearing fruition. As a historical small club Brentford fans are a patient bunch. We aren't exactly are we??
4. It could be argued that we our "model" was more successful as they were in the championship for a couple of years before us but we flew past them into The Prem, spent a couple of years there and they have only just overtaken us. Before their promotion it could be argued that their model was only there to turn a large profit each year without success. Again would we stand for that??
5. Due to Brexit and the new rules re overseas players their model will now have to adapt massively as cheap overseas players will no longer be attainable.

Don't get me wrong I really like the way they go about things and they have indeed made some huge profits on players over the last few years but if they are relegated this year after just 1 year in The Prem it could be argued that their model isn't THAT successful.

Thoughts?

I see where your coming from but £1,000,000 for Ramsdale,similar for DC L and £2,000,000 for Adams was crazy ? They got £10,000,000 for the Kyles. Brooks was worth triple what we got for him a season later.
Wilder just didn’t like young players ,just didn’t seem to trust them,just could not see talent when it was there.
Once a lower Division manager always a lower Division Manager, once a player with little skill you can’t see someone who has some

WTF on you sniffing??

Ramsdale, DCL and Adams hadn't played above L1 and were nothing but potential at the time they were sold. I'd actually go as far as stating I thought DCL was the next Slew.

The Kyle's deal is completely different. Kyle Naughton had just excelled for a whole season in a Championship team that had got the play off final and by all accounts for £7m of the combined fee. Kyle Walker had only come on the scene at the end of that season including the play off final but looked quality so Spurs took a punt on someone that was still completely unproven in all intensive purposes. They probably thought 2 young players from the same club would help each other settle easier away from home.

WTF on you sniffing??

Ramsdale, DCL and Adams hadn't played above L1 and were nothing but potential at the time they were sold. I'd actually go as far as stating I thought DCL was the next Slew.

The Kyle's deal is completely different. Kyle Naughton had just excelled for a whole season in a Championship team that had got the play off final and by all accounts for £7m of the combined fee. Kyle Walker had only come on the scene at the end of that season including the play off final but looked quality so Spurs took a punt on someone that was still completely unproven in all intensive purposes. They probably thought 2 young players from the same club would help each other settle easier away from home.
Spurs didn't want Walker, they only wanted Naughton. We insisted that the deal was for both and sold Walker for no logical reason other than we needed the money as we were potentially heading towards administration due to all the failed off field ventures and failure to get promoted.

£2mil for a young player who only played 5 times was a good deal at the time when you look at it, but we had no reason to sell him and ended up without a right back having sold our best one and his replacement.

Back
Top Bottom