Wilder pleads with the board

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Prince will make a decision based on financials not football. Sometimes these two match and sometimes not.

In normal circumstances you may take a calculated risk and keep a player like Blaster who is so early in career for another season and then sell for exceptionally big money.

BUt business is up for sale and he may think.its easier to make a bigger profit if we have millions in the bank rather than a possibe big player sale in a year.

Unless a billionaire buyer is already line up

Prince will make a decision based on financials not football. Sometimes these two match and sometimes not.

In normal circumstances you may take a calculated risk and keep a player like Blaster who is so early in career for another season and then sell for exceptionally big money.

BUt business is up for sale and he may think.its easier to make a bigger profit if we have millions in the bank rather than a possibe big player sale in a year.

Unless a billionaire buyer is already line up
Thing is, financially selling Arblaster this summer makes little sense because A) you're weakening the chance of promotion and the money gained from the PL and B) we could sell him for more next summer than we can this one because he'll rip it up next season and he still had years to run on his contract.

£30 mill minimum. About time we started putting silly price tags on our players for prem teams. He won’t be sold though this window, just standard paper talk. If Tottenham want him put it up to £40 mill for poaching Lankshear.

Villa will have offered £10 million & add ons & probably an option on Archer.. maybe even a loan back to us for Arblaster for 12 months too.

If he is sold…..then for anyone in any doubt of exactly how skint The Prince is….there will simply be no defence anymore.

Watch this space…….might be the resurrection of the ‘Gone to Villa’ catcphrase

Alex Scott had played 80 Championship games and had a great, full season at that level when he went for £25m. We would be looking at £15m (at best) plus add ons if we get bids.

I don't think the value United will put on him as an actual first XI player is close enough to his value to another club as a development player yet for him to go.

Saying that, the PL is nuts so 🤷

£30 mill minimum. About time we started putting silly price tags on our players for prem teams. He won’t be sold though this window, just standard paper talk. If Tottenham want him put it up to £40 mill for poaching Lankshear.
We need to have any buyer feeling like they’ve been mugged and properly violated by the time they’re through.

Alex Scott had played 80 Championship games and had a great, full season at that level when he went for £25m. We would be looking at £15m (at best) plus add ons if we get bids.

I don't think the value United will put on him as an actual first XI player is close enough to his value to another club as a development player yet for him to go.

Saying that, the PL is nuts so 🤷
We should simply not sell him for the next 2 years.

You can't build anything by flogging the foundations.

What's the point otherwise?

If we did get promoted end of next season then you could add a few years onto that.

But this is also where Wilder needs to be smart and do his part. I'd rather keep Arblaster than waste money on squad players.

I am guessing it will depend to some extent on our cashflow whether we sell. It is now clear that this was a real mess hence the defaulting on transfer installments and the embargo and now points deduction. Frankly a complete shambles. Only good thing was PA hung onto out best players and we got promoted. However PA has shown he is greedy and wants to sell the club at an unrealistic price. Bearing in mind how much he paid and how much he has put in he could probably sell for £90mill and still make a good profit.

Thing is, financially selling Arblaster this summer makes little sense because A) you're weakening the chance of promotion and the money gained from the PL and B) we could sell him for more next summer than we can this one because he'll rip it up next season and he still had years to run on his contract.
It made no sense selling our main assets at the beginning of the season and filling the squad with crap but we did and now we are back where we started weaker and much poorer if we could have held on and had another season in the prem .I think most blades knew before we played our first match in the prem we were coming back down . Most clubs strengthen their squads when getting promoted we did the opposite .Just hope we used the prem money to improve our financial situation ,that could be acceptable but I would not be surprised if we are still in the shit .

Depends on the maths. The money gained from the PL doesn't equal profits, it just equals spend even more.
If we can self sustain in the Championship then maybe that's the plan.

It is click bait journalism
We are not going to sell a player who we know will increase in value who has just signed a contract as he was happy to stay.
The Prince has not previously sold anyone at McCabe type prices and I see no reason for him to start now when he had Anel, Souza and if necessary Hamer to sell ahead of him if he needs funds

According to a rag this morning, Wilder has pleaded with the board to keep Arblaster next season

If that is true, then I have a feeling that I know what’s coming then?
Just fucking sell him. I couldn't stomach another will he won't he saga that always ends up the same way.

If Arblaster is sold it will be as a consequence of Anel and Souza's underperformance

It's incredible how few saleable assets we've managed to acquire

We wouldn't get double figures for Hamer either and in any case he's as important as Arblaster if we want to challenge next season

Stating the fuckin' obvious, if our recruitment next term is moderate at best, if we sell the likes of Blaster, it should dispel any thoughts of SUFC making a promotion challenge.......unless of course Souza crystalises into the Brazilian international he's been keeping in the closet since he arrived at United.

The thing here is, as he is a home grown player, any sale is pure profit on the balance sheet, and if we are sailing close to the wind would give us breathing space ( I don't want to sell BTW)

It is click bait journalism
We are not going to sell a player who we know will increase in value who has just signed a contract as he was happy to stay.
The Prince has not previously sold anyone at McCabe type prices and I see no reason for him to start now when he had Anel, Souza and if necessary Hamer to sell ahead of him if he needs funds
I agree with this

According to a rag this morning, Wilder has pleaded with the board to keep Arblaster next season

If that is true, then I have a feeling that I know what’s coming then?
Which rag? I can’t find a single thing when searching and it’s a bit odd to not post a link.

Back
Top Bottom