Wilder effect

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stewy

Reaction score
Just looking at players that played there part last season for our promotion , that can't get a run now in championship

Duffy at Stoke
Hogan at Stoke
Madine at Cardiff
Dowell at Derby
Craine at Luton

Coutts ( and ched ) doing well at fleetwood

All had decent parts to play but now struggle for minutes at clubs in championship.. you have to wonder is it the Wilder effect .... would have liked to see them all above , to have great seasons for new clubs .. don't seem to be going that way do

Just looking at players that played there part last season for our promotion , that can't get a run now in championship

Duffy at Stoke
Hogan at Stoke
Madine at Cardiff
Dowell at Derby
Craine at Luton

All had decent parts to play but now struggle for minutes at clubs in championship.. you have to wonder is it the Wilder effect .... would have liked to see them all above , to have great seasons for new clubs .. don't seem to be going that way do

Duffy's problem is his attitude. He's a reight mard-arse and kicks off and complains about stuff. He can't help it because it's a gene he's got from his mudder and fadder, but that's why he's had the career he's had. Because eventually it just wears the manager down having to put up with it.

Hogan was poor for us and poor for Villa. He's one of them players that had a little purple patch (at Brentford) and a big club got suckered into paying a lot of money for him as a result. Clubs have to take a gamble on players from time to time, whether that's buying them or letting them go. What they should know though is that one good season doesn't make a good player. And as I've said before, players are like flowers, some bloom early, some bloom late, some don't bloom at all. Some are in flower only for a very short period, others are perennials. Hogan was in flower only for a very short period - that's it now. You'll probably never hear of him again.

Madine is League 1 standard player. He's really good at that level. He's not great any higher up the league than that. I don't know of any Blades fans (in their right mind) who wanted us to keep hold of him. You will hear about Madine again - hitting the headlines with a League 1 team in future. Or hitting someone in a pub.

Dowell's a funny 'un innit? The lad's obviously got some talent. Some of his passing and movement was great! But it's like he'd got an electrical fault, where he just switched on and off randomly. So he could be really on it and look a decent player, or he could look like he'd lost interest. I hear the Derby fans are seeing the same thing. Dowell has not yet learned that to get in a team and stay in it you have to work hard and play for 90 minutes. Whether he'll learn that in time before he gets kicked out of Everton and has to start working his way up from the lower leagues I don't really know.

Cranie has only played 9 times for Luton this season. I don't know if he's been injured, but the lad is in the Autumn of his career, we have to remember that. I suspect he's made enough money from the game now to keep him full of beer and singing in his spare time - and maybe that's all that matters to him now? That, and a bit of bhangra-dancing down Luton central.

I never really got the hype with Dowell . Videos of screamers outside the box with forest , I taught that's what we need as we don't seem to score shots from outside box ... Didn't see any of that with Dowell .. maybe his shot at Villa that lead to Billy goal.

Madine I was totally against it , but he defo played his part in fairness to him .

Duffy I'm still gutted over the way this was handled ( by the Duffy's)

Craine came in was solid done a job . But I wasn't expecting him to stay no hard feelings

Hogan .. as a Irish fan ..I can't see how he makes the Irish squad ahead of Shane long and you are 100 per cent in the above .. didn't really do much last season but got the all important goal v Ipswich

Apart from Duffy they didn't really hold down a place with us either.

Just to add I'm only surprised Craine hasn't got more game time. Duffy went somewhere toxic and the rest were meh.

In fairness to United & CW there is one reason only that Duffy is where he is and, that is Duffy he believed his own hype let his wife and family wind him up tried to be "I'm bigger than club" and it backfired on him. And as we know the one thing CW will not tolerate is a bighead that could ruin the fabric of the dressing room.

Yeah, he sometimes gives me a semi too.

Could anyone honestly see Duffy fitting into this team and the way we play this season ? .we would have had to sacrifice lunnys goals which gave us a safety net to play with confidence for the rest of the season
I know there's been a couple of games where we have struggled against sides sitting in and that's where he excels but I'm just not sure it would have worked

Cranie was stretchered off against Wednesday early in the season and was out for over two months.

Reactions: Dkc
Duffy's old man is still kicking off on social media about Wilder lately.

No surprise that Mark is not making the Stoke squad.

When I mentioned we'd be alright in the prem due to the Wilder effect, just after getting promoted, in Championship banter on facebook, one fan proper took the piss........he wasn't enlightened, so I let him laugh, and Wilder defend himself. Haven't been disappointed 😁😁👌🏻

Duffy at Stoke
Hogan at Stoke
Madine at Cardiff
Dowell at Derby
Craine at Luton

Without question.....Even certain members of our wonderful Premier league squad would probably struggle without Wilders hand on the tiller.

Without question.....Even certain members of our wonderful Premier league squad would probably struggle without Wilders hand on the tiller.

Which is why I have chuckle when there are rumours about Egan, JOC being linked with a move away!! As Man U are finding with Maguire, a decent defence is as much to do with the tactical set up, coaching and organisation as it is the individual...

Yeah, sure, spend £30m on Egan and watch him be nowhere near effective in a different system with a different coach...

Duffy at Stoke
Hogan at Stoke
Madine at Cardiff
Dowell at Derby
Craine at Luton

Coutts (and ched).

Duffy's problem is his attitude. He's a reight mard-arse and kicks off and complains about stuff. He can't help it because it's a gene he's got from his mudder and fadder, but that's why he's had the career he's had. Because eventually it just wears the manager down having to put up with it.

Hogan was poor for us and poor for Villa. He's one of them players that had a little purple patch (at Brentford) and a big club got suckered into paying a lot of money for him as a result. Clubs have to take a gamble on players from time to time, whether that's buying them or letting them go. What they should know though is that one good season doesn't make a good player. And as I've said before, players are like flowers, some bloom early, some bloom late, some don't bloom at all. Some are in flower only for a very short period, others are perennials. Hogan was in flower only for a very short period - that's it now. You'll probably never hear of him again.

Madine is League 1 standard player. He's really good at that level. He's not great any higher up the league than that. I don't know of any Blades fans (in their right mind) who wanted us to keep hold of him. You will hear about Madine again - hitting the headlines with a League 1 team in future. Or hitting someone in a pub.

Dowell's a funny 'un innit? The lad's obviously got some talent. Some of his passing and movement was great! But it's like he'd got an electrical fault, where he just switched on and off randomly. So he could be really on it and look a decent player, or he could look like he'd lost interest. I hear the Derby fans are seeing the same thing. Dowell has not yet learned that to get in a team and stay in it you have to work hard and play for 90 minutes. Whether he'll learn that in time before he gets kicked out of Everton and has to start working his way up from the lower leagues I don't really know.

Cranie has only played 9 times for Luton this season. I don't know if he's been injured, but the lad is in the Autumn of his career, we have to remember that. I suspect he's made enough money from the game now to keep him full of beer and singing in his spare time - and maybe that's all that matters to him now? That, and a bit of bhangra-dancing down Luton central.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Of those, the only one who potentially had more to offer was Duffy. Agree with each of those reasons and we have to recognise that some of those, for varying reasons: injuries/'interruptions'/age were on the decline anyway - see Coutts/Ched/Cranie.

Whilst it's easy for us to say, he needs to leave it alone now. I understand that he feels aggrieved, but I don't understand what he thinks he's going to achieve, as his Dad on social media. It's tragic social media crappy etiquette but he ought to know much better, his son lives in the public eye and his reputation is at stake. Even if there were a chance of a Duffy and Wilder reunion, that's up to the player and his agent through the proper channels - what does his Dad expect to achieve online. Have some class Phil, your son's reputation as a United legend is on the line.

Duffy at Stoke
Hogan at Stoke
Madine at Cardiff
Dowell at Derby
Craine at Luton

Coutts (and ched).

Couldn't have put it better myself. Of those, the only one who potentially had more to offer was Duffy. Agree with each of those reasons and we have to recognise that some of those, for varying reasons: injuries/'interruptions'/age were on the decline anyway - see Coutts/Ched/Cranie.

Whilst it's easy for us to say, he needs to leave it alone now. I understand that he feels aggrieved, but I don't understand what he thinks he's going to achieve, as his Dad on social media. It's tragic social media crappy etiquette but he ought to know much better, his son lives in the public eye and his reputation is at stake. Even if there were a chance of a Duffy and Wilder reunion, that's up to the player and his agent through the proper channels - what does his Dad expect to achieve online. Have some class Phil, your son's reputation as a United legend is on the line.

That is what people keep telling Phil. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Accept that Duffy shot himself in the foot and move on.

Duffy's father is very attritional, but in all of this there has to be the conduct of the player himself. Whatever the pros and cons regarding Duffy's father, young Duffy is also responsible for his own behaviour and decision making. Is Duffy senior posting similar thoughts about the Stoke manager, or come to that, every club that Mark has played at?

It's squalid behaviour from someone who should be setting his son a decent example, but this seems to be the environment that Mark is used to, so little wonder that he knows little beyond moaning, whingeing, and being the type of pain in the arse that adds an unnecessary dimension to any manager's workload. Presumably Duffy senior imagines that there's a conspiracy against his son? Well if there appears to be a 'brotherhood of managers', is it any wonder that Mark's behaviour seems to repeat itself ad nauseam until a manager says "enough is enough".

Unfortunately the bloke is doing little to change the cliches that exist about scousers.
Always someone else’s fault but theirs. Complaining how hard done to he is being two.

He and his son should be grateful for what he managed with us. They should respect what Wilder managed for him personally regardless of the clear break down in the relationship, and it’s quite embarrassing this tirade against Wilder when he’s the man in charge.
He was crashing down the leagues...as he is now...and without Wilder would be league one and heading out of the game having not earned the monies he will have with us.
His greed ruined it for him. The tail doesn’t wag the dog and you’d expect the result he’s had. Part of the reason Wilder succeeds is the manner he deals with people who won’t conform or do the best for the team over themselves.

Enjoy the rest of the season at Stoke, then bugger off to league one with your son and his money driven missus you tedious old twat.

The sad part is that Duffy was part of the plan for the Premier League, but shot himself in the foot. CW kept talking about "Mark Duffy, from Prescott Cables, playing at Anfield next season"

Back
Top Bottom