2022/2023 Match Thread Wigan Athletic v. Sheffield United - 19th December 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WIG
WIG
WIG

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1671401367167.png vs. 1671401381892.png

Championship Week 24 - Monday 19th December 2022 - 20:00 - DW Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/wigan-athletic-vs-sheffield-united.627/

Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Mark Russell
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 22.11.28.png

World Cup, won on penalties by Argentina.
While Lineker and Alan wipe themselves clean, real football returns without the distraction of Shearer and Lineker trying to draw attention to the achievements of some guy called Messi and another named Mbappe.
So all I hope for tonight is an entertaining win, Illy and Billy or Illy and Olly.
Or maybe Illy and Oli.
Goals,
Goals,
Goals.

Last train back cancelled, only train that'll get you back to Sheff leaves Manchester Piccadilly at 22:30, would have to leave the match pretty early in the 2nd half to make it.

Selling 2 tickets unless anyone is driving?

Blades win on penalties after Wes employs psycho shenanigans on the goal line.

2nd v 2nd bottom we should be winning. this but i guess it depends on if we managed to shake off the rust we had v huddersfield.

if we hopefully do win. it will that time we stop the players looking at the table. as it likely only natural for people to see us being 5pts clear at Christmas & tighten up or get defensive. bit like we did in 2019

Last train back cancelled, only train that'll get you back to Sheff leaves Manchester Piccadilly at 22:30, would have to leave the match pretty early in the 2nd half to make it.

Selling 2 tickets unless anyone is driving?
There's a 4am coach from Manchester airport if you were desperate to go regardless of the consequences!

Going to be a tough game. They have a new manager in and it's their first home game since he arrived. Likely to be a very tough game tonight.

I'd go

--------------------------Wes
-----------Anel----------Egan--------Clark
----Baldock----------------------------------Stevens
------------Berge-----Norwood------Osborn
------------------Sharp-----Ndiaye

subs:

Davies, Basham, Bogle, Doyle, McBurnie, McAtee, Khadra

Bit soon for Doyle to be dropped in, but hopefully will get some minutes off the bench

No Lowe as Osborn can drop in for Stevens. And Baldock can play on the left if we bring Bodle on. I think there's no point having Jebbo and McBurnie on the bench.

Big game this,and will tell us a lot about what the rest of the season can look like,looking for character and clear heads for this job,get into them and dominate from minute 1,not looking for us to let them come onto us and play on the break,get hold of the ball and turn superior possession into goals,do not give them any encouragement that they can get anything out of this by giving them time and space to build up,tackle press,win second ball,no nonsense and go forward to victory.

We turn up, we win. We play like it's too cold to care... We lose. Should be up for it with players coming back and wanting to get game time. Competitin for players always good. 2 zip uuuuuunited

Doesn't look much bite in midfield but on the other hand it's a very attacking midfield, I suppose it depends on how the game works out

Doyle for McAtee at HT I reckon. Also hoping we are in a position to give Lowe some minutes.

Doesn't look much bite in midfield but on the other hand it's a very attacking midfield, I suppose it depends on how the game works out

Thats what I thought....it's a decent line-up for a home game
but we've seen Berge and McAtee almost disappear in away games.
So will be interesting to see how they cope, don't think Wigan are particular physical so we might be OK.

Hahaha what is Kolo toure doing as Wigan manager

Not been following the championship news much but that’s a random one

His brother Yaya Toured was first choice but think he turned it down...so they went for Colo, who was assistant manager at Leicester.
Agree it's a big risk to fight a relegation battle with a manager with no experience of management or this division.

His brother Yaya Toured was first choice but think he turned it down...so they went for Colo, who was assistant manager at Leicester.
Agree it's a big risk to fight a relegation battle with a manager with no experience of management or this division.

There’s no logic too it

Back
Top Bottom