Why is he so quiet ?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JOE SHAW 1956

Reaction score
The Prince never seems to show any leadership or acknowledgement to our situation ?. Things are happening OFF the pitch and of course ON the pitch it's a disaster !. Is he frightened of Radio Sheff's questions ? surely they can't be worse than what he gets from TalkSport etc. ? . He could clear things up ie. Does he think Hecky & Wilder could have done better with the crap signings and injury woes . Has he got a plan going forward ? , perhaps he could give us a Churchillian ... we will fight them on the beaches... speech and cheer us up ?. But NOTHING ever comes our way from him ?. If he is committed to our cause then just appear somewhere and bloody say so..... Stop Hiding...:( UTB...... 😊.

The Prince never seems to show any leadership or acknowledgement to our situation ?. Things are happening OFF the pitch and of course ON the pitch it's a disaster !. Is he frightened of Radio Sheff's questions ? surely they can't be worse than what he gets from TalkSport etc. ? . He could clear things up ie. Does he think Hecky & Wilder could have done better with the crap signings and injury woes . Has he got a plan going forward ? , perhaps he could give us a Churchillian ... we will fight them on the beaches... speech and cheer us up ?. But NOTHING ever comes our way from him ?. If he is committed to our cause then just appear somewhere and bloody say so..... Stop Hiding...:( UTB...... 😊.

Mcwobblegob did the same as do most other chairmen. Will pop up again if we have some success next season which is very unlikely.

If i recall correctly he said years ago he had to step away from it all and basically left the club to be ran by Bettis and Heckingbottom.
Around the time Newcastle got their new owners in.

Mcwobblegob did the same as do most other chairmen. Will pop up again if we have some success next season which is very unlikely.

Yeah sadly he is very much the same as McCabe. Shows his face when things seem to be going well then disappears when shit hits the fan.

After the Prince sacked Slav and brought Hecky in, he made a statement that the football club would be fronted by Bettis and Hecky and they would be the ones doing the talking.

The prince stepped back and rarely speaks because he has people to do that

He only turns up like the rest from game when we have success .
Beerschott fans had s proper demo against him last weekend
Yes i read that the guy in charge there has resigned saying he is getting no backing from the prince after he got them promoted .Now that sounds familiar don't you think ?

After the Prince sacked Slav and brought Hecky in, he made a statement that the football club would be fronted by Bettis and Hecky and they would be the ones doing the talking.

The prince stepped back and rarely speaks because he has people to do that
So they can take the blame for his short comings .

Bettis held an interview with Radio Sheffield only a matter of weeks ago. 🙄

An example
I work in derby with so many good derby lads .
Right until last season derby had serious financial issues , points deduction and transfer embargo.
The new chairman came in , he has attended every game home and away as he's a fan . They've got promoted under him and Paul Warne and he's promising derby 60 million investment next season .

Why do these people buy clubs they cant afford to run ? There has to be some logical reason that we supporters are not grasping ,some hidden agenda may be .
Maybe did the same with us and ferencvaros plus the Maltese. We were in talks aswell with fennerbache ...

Yeah sadly he is very much the same as McCabe. Shows his face when things seem to be going well then disappears when shit hits the fan.
McCabe could be found in the Copthorne for most home games. At times the local media couldn’t get much from him due to negative stances they sometimes took. To say he disappeared is wide of the mark. He was more active when things looked up but that’s not the same thing.

Tbh I don't particularly want a chairman speaking out every every weeks/months. Bettis did his interview in March the Prince spoke to YouTube in December. How much more often do you want to hear from them?
Twice a year when we are allowed to make signings would be ok!

Because they can speak more directly about the day to day running of the club
If i had a a business that is supposed to be losing millions a year and failing I would want to be the one with MY finger on the pulse . I would want to know every little detail and fart what was going on ,I really would not leave it to others to answer the questions that really need addressing . Do you think a person like Alan Sugar or anyone else like him would let others face the flack and only appear when the sun is shinning .No chance he would be straight in there trying to get the thing back on track and face the questions that people want a answer to . He is the guy in charge nobody else the buck stops with him .

He sacks Hecky because of unacceptable results, including a battering by Burnley, and our league position.

Wilder has fared no better. No change in the results, battered by Burnley, and cast adrift of safety rooted at the bottom of the table.

So, what was the reason for sacking Hecky again?

If i had a a business that is supposed to be losing millions a year and failing I would want to be the one with MY finger on the pulse . I would want to know every little detail and fart what was going on ,I really would not leave it to others to answer the questions that really need addressing . Do you think a person like Alan Sugar or anyone else like him would let others face the flack and only appear when the sun is shinning .No chance he would be straight in there trying to get the thing back on track and face the questions that people want a answer to . He is the guy in charge nobody else the buck stops with him .

Because he’s not sunning himself in the Railway beer garden 24/7, do you really think he’s not aware of what’s happening at the club. Being quiet is not the same as not being interested.

I would also argue that the price mas made it clear that he isn't interested in keeping hold of the club so by that, he isn't committed to the cause, he just wants to position the club into the best position he can for a sale.

You could also argue that not spunking loads of money on players and wages, instead putting money into hotel, land etc is actually more attractive to potential buyers. So whilst we are all (rightly) moaning about getting relegated, we are probably better doing this than doing what burnley did, spending loads, getting tied into player salaries and still getting relegated.

Not saying I am happy about it, but at the end of the day, football business and football success are not always on the same trajectory. Man City's FFP charges probably highlight this as much as anything...

Bettis is CEO and should be the one speaking to the media as and when its appropriate to do so as he is the one running the club.

He couldn't give a toss about on the pitch matters, all he's interested in is MONEY!!

He sacks Hecky because of unacceptable results, including a battering by Burnley, and our league position.

Wilder has fared no better. No change in the results, battered by Burnley, and cast adrift of safety rooted at the bottom of the table.

Yes you have a good point , personally I do think we were better as a team under Wilder . We will find out very soon if he's still got what it takes ?. However due to the continuing ridiculous injury crisis we couldn't play the same defensive set up twice in a row ! , and with our best defenders and headers of the ball out more or less all season we were shafted from the start !. I think this is the reason no manger could have done more with our available defensive ( mentally and physically weak ) squad ?.

Because he’s not sunning himself in the Railway beer garden 24/7, do you really think he’s not aware of what’s happening at the club. Being quiet is not the same as not being interested.
Yes when's Hotel is open again you can see right into Railways back yard!

Hecky was a scape goat .No way was he going to succeed ,having his best players taken off him with no chance of replacing them and facing a season in the hardest league on the globe was never going to be achievable . Wilder is here because no one else would have taken the job worth their salt . The club filled the squad with crap signing players who were never going to rise to the level needed in the prem . Not many clubs i can recall that got rid of their top players after been promoted to the prem . Usually you make the squad stronger not weaker . We were weaker due to the club not tying down their main players months before it became a problem but the prince likes to run players contracts down to the knuckle for some strange reason .

The number of responses to the OP defending the 'prince' demonstrate how he has got away with ruining our club financially and on the pitch and has trashed its reputation through sleazy practises whilst managing to pull the wool over so may people's eyes.

He should have apologised to the fans and the wider footballing world when we got docked 2 points before a ball has been kicked next season. He has no moral compass, so of course he's going to continue lurking in the shadows.

Tbh I don't particularly want a chairman speaking out every every weeks/months. Bettis did his interview in March the Prince spoke to YouTube in December. How much more often do you want to hear from them?
They want him to do a video on YouTube so they can voice their displeasure with a strongly worded comment in the Comments Section underneath.... That'll solve it!

Back
Top Bottom