Who was your man of the match today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I agree, but they weren't forced against their will :)

Infact, quite the opposite with Walker.

As a club, we couldn't turn it down, as players, they'd have had to have had balls to turn it down... I think they'd have both progressed more staying on for another year though.

He may be a class above, but yesterday, was his distribution a class above? certainly not... which I why I say he needs to work on it.

Perhaps he'll get away with it more in our division, but giving away possession so easily in the Premiership can be fatal.

Every player in the world can work on their game but recognising he's a class above already indicates he's doing fine.
His distribution was ok yesterday, certainly not poor. I think we've had 5 consecutive clean sheets at home and I'd guess Walker's played in each game.
The one poor performance recently in the last 10 or 12 involved losing Walker to injury.
And I think you're probably wrong about Walker being desperate to leave unless you mean a preference for Spurs.

i said monty for his shot but i were only kiddin the ginger un was MOM yesterday ......... an when camers came on yer cud see he has quality.

Every player in the world can work on their game but recognising he's a class above already indicates he's doing fine.
His distribution was ok yesterday, certainly not poor. I think we've had 5 consecutive clean sheets at home and I'd guess Walker's played in each game.
The one poor performance recently in the last 10 or 12 involved losing Walker to injury.
And I think you're probably wrong about Walker being desperate to leave unless you mean a preference for Spurs.

I think Walker will be a very good player and his defensive game yesterday was good but his distribution was very poor, with long punts upfield in most cases.

Quinn gets away with looking good because his performances have been so shit prior to this. He was nowhere near the best player yesterday ,at least half a dozen better than him.

Quinn gets away with looking good because his performances have been so shit prior to this. He was nowhere near the best player yesterday ,at least half a dozen better than him.

Remind us again of your assessments on Cahill and Kilgallon....:D

UTB

Seip looks every bit as good as the over-rated Kilgallon ,in fact some latecomers round us thought it was Kilgallon untill well into the second half.
Cahill is a pig.

seip looks every bit as good as the over-rated kilgallon ,in fact some latecomers round us thought it was kilgallon untill well into the second half.
Cahill is a pig.

That's why I'd never make a manager!

:D

UTB

I'd go for mini ginner, followed closely by Harper and Walker.

Walker is an excellent prospect, but he must learn to kerb his habit of trying to step around a player when to lose the ball would put us in a difficult position.

There is nothing wrong with trying to take a man of if would create a clear threat at the end of it and you are covered defensively if you lose the battle. There were a couple of times he did this yesterday when it wasnt justified, but he just got away with it - in the prem i fear he wouldnt get away with it.

Mom for me was Quinn. Strange how he has divided opinions. A few months ago, fans would have given him away and yet these past half dozen games he's looked much more like the Quinn of old!

As for Walker, he will be a top drawer defender. Yesterday his defensive duties were first rate. However, his atatcking duties for me, were second rate. If he is to be one of the best right backs around, he needs to continue his progress defensively and up his game considerably when pushing forward and distributing the ball when on the offensive.

Seip for me looked solid enough

Williamson needs to play centrally. He didn't look comfortable on the wing. In fact it's been said that when he's played there previously for his former clubs, he's hated it.

Evans needs a goal! Did we not buy him to score goals?

Bunn looked exactly like a CCC goalkeeper should look and that's comfortable and not out of place.

Pleased for Cresswell. Had his knockers, but he's proving them wrong and I think that's 3 out of the 5 he's scored whereby he's put himself in were it hurts. Good lad!

I wonder if Siep is going to be the next victim of Blades fans Bi-Polar?

As for Walker, he will be a top drawer defender. Yesterday his defensive duties were first rate. However, his atatcking duties for me, were second rate. If he is to be one of the best right backs around, he needs to continue his progress defensively and up his game considerably when pushing forward and distributing the ball when on the offensive.

This assessment seems to be in agreement with most Blades fans reading of Kyle Walker's current form. SF, Foxy,myself and others i think all agree with you. Thanks.

This assessment seems to be in agreement with most Blades fans reading of Kyle Walker's current form. SF, Foxy,myself and others i think all agree with you. Thanks.

It is weird though. Sometimes he is brilliant going forward and a bit dodgy with his defensive duties. Other times it's the opposite way around, saturday is an example of this. He has the potential to be a brilliant player. He also needs to stop with the long ball up the line alot of the time.

What's even weirder is people talking about Walker's current form when yesterday was the first game he's played in three weeks.

Between Walker and Harper for me. If pushed I would go for Walker. His pace and tackling back is incredible. Harper showed real quality today. Bossed the middle of the park in my eyes.

What's even weirder is people talking about Walker's current form when yesterday was the first game he's played in three weeks.

Isn't Walkers current form to include his last few games then?
So if we just include the one he's just played in that is his current form and he was the long ball master. Great defensively though.
MOTM Quinny easily.

Walker for me too, thought Quinny did better but certainly not MOM. Harper had a good game and Cresswell too

Thought Harper was m.o.m. Bossed the midfield kept calm when others started to lose their heads and never stopped talking to and helping out every other blades player. Looks good on the ball hardly wastes a pass and broke past the forwards to good effect.

James Harper without a doubt. Good box to box display and rarely wasted a ball. Blacko has to show some bottle and pair Willo with him in the centre. Ward and Yeates out wide and we might, at last, have a decent midfield.

The manager will ruin Lee Williamson if he persists with playing him wide.

Creswell has once again showed commitment and courage and was well rewarded with the winner.

Does'nt Young Quinny deserve just a smidging of a mention for his performance :thumbup:

Isn't Walkers current form to include his last few games then?
So if we just include the one he's just played in that is his current form and he was the long ball master. Great defensively though.
MOTM Quinny easily.

OK, I thought he was excellent against Crystal Palace, one of our best performances of the season.
One of our best players on Saturday, so I'd say he's in excellent form.

Does'nt Young Quinny deserve just a smidging of a mention for his performance :thumbup:
Yes indeed. I said so on your 'Quinn watch' thread immediately after the game! I was delighted to do so. Harpo was the class act so gets MoM but Quinny gave his best display of the season. How much better he looks when he actually pauses for thought!

Back
Top Bottom