Who is our Best Player?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Latters

Reaction score
I mentioned on another thread that, before he left, McDonald would have been the name the vast majority (because you always get the contrary few) of Blades fans would have given when asked who our best player was.

Now that he has gone, who is our best player?

I look through our squad and don't see one name that I would be disappointed in us losing. This sale has saved me a lot of worry during January because any of "the remnants" can go, for me. There is not one individual in our squad that we would miss, in my opinion.

George Long or one of the centre halves, who will presumably be next to go.

Erm...best player you say? Right now? At the club? Hmm. Is this a trick question?

imma go forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... is Tony Currie still hanging about the place? :oops:

Ive had enough of this season already.
Today has made my blood boil,no loyalty left,even in the 3rd fucking tier.
Cricket-its the future.:mad:
As for who our best player is,i dont give a shit to be honest.

Therein lies the problem. K-Mac was our one and only charismatic player with the ability to change a game.
This was recognized by Wolves who immediately strengthened their squad and damaged ours, which wasn't hard to do considering how easy (and cheaply) the escape clause was triggered.
I can't see any other player having the stature, experience, skill or character to influence a game in our favour.
Mr. Weir has his work cut out to get anything out of this season, but on the positive side the initial signs are he does have some ability to conjure something up.

Therein lies the problem. K-Mac was our one and only charismatic player with the ability to change a game.
This was recognized by Wolves who immediately strengthened their squad and damaged ours, which wasn't hard to do considering how easy (and cheaply) the escape clause was triggered.
I can't see any other player having the stature, experience, skill or character to influence a game in our favour.
Mr. Weir has his work cut out to get anything out of this season, but on the positive side the initial signs are he does have some ability to conjure something up.
Where,and what ability does he have at cojuring something up?
Is weir related to harry potter?merlin?or dumbledore even?

When you look at our starting eleven, Harry Maguire is the only one I'd say we really couldn't replace. Just my opinion, he is still one of the best centre halves in the division and I guarantee any League 1 club would take him, and probably the majority of Championship clubs would take a punt.

Harry Maguire is our best player. He has the talent, commitment and drive to do well for the club, plus he's a young homegrown player who is probably not on the best of wages. Irreplaceable? Probably not. But I think he's our best now, followed by George Long probably.

Speaks volumes. we're doomed for a long time now.

Maguire, Brandy, Long and Collins are the pick for me. Would like to see more of Coady and think McFadzean has a role to play at left back.

Based on goals scored, erm, Chris Porter.

suicide-o.gif

For me it has to be Long, not that there was many contenders mind.

Curious to know how many rate Maguire? i can say i wouldn't be all that fussed if he was sold on next.

Which is your favourite venereal disease ? Mines clap cos it sounds happy

The best thing about being rubbish is that you can lose any player without great impact, and replacing them shouldn't be too hard either.

Best players - Long, Collins, ( :cool: ), McGuire, jury out on new lads.

Fortunately you don't need a team full of top players, just competent L1 players, above average spine, and decent management. Then you're at least in with a shout.

UTB

Probably Collins.

Fucked it up when he got injured last year.

Year before it was McDonald

No clear contender yet then. Long's probably edging it, but the only people really mentioned seem to be the 'keeper and the two centre halves. This highlights our lack of any attacking threat, or at least the fans' lack of confidence in the same.

What it does say to me is that we are badly lacking in the creativity and attacking flair departments.

We won't, but we need not only to replace McDonald, but also supplement a replacement with other creative and talented players. In reality, I think we all know we'll either make do with what we have, or scrat about signing unknowns on loan and free transfers in the vain hope that one turns out to be a diamond in the rough.

At the moment Long, Maguire and potentially Brandy are the ones I would consider to be our better players. Apart from those three Collins is steady at this level and Lyle Taylor looks like he may have something about him. Until Miller and Diego come back that's about all we've got.

In terms of dependability and overall contribution to the team it has to be Collins for me. I do think if he and Maguire were the same age, and Maguire wasn't from Sheffield then people would be raving much more about Collins (although I do rate Maguire and agree with others that along with Long they are our best 3).

In terms of players who are the best to watch obviously Brandy's the main one, then maybe also Flynn and Murphy with more confidence and McFadzean with more experience.

I am hoping though that our two best players are the ones who can't currently play football. Slightly worrying.

Back
Top Bottom