Who is going to be captain

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who is going to be the on pitch captain?

• Total voters

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Reaction score
With Egan out for a while, and Basham likely to be on the bench for most games, who is going to be the on pitch captain?

Who would you rather have? And don't say Norwood as hopefully he wont be anywhere near the starting line up. Baldock is the obvious choice if fit...but if not?
I’m not against it per se ! As you infer, there are no obvious candidates !!!

That said, having a player that has been pulled up on multiple occasions by management and senior pros alike for having a “laid back” (and that’s being generous btw) attitude towards training is not conducive, in my opinion, to the role of being captain.

Cue the usual “he’s got an agenda” bollocks when in fact what I state is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but !!!

UTB

That said, having a player that has been pulled up on multiple occasions by management and senior pros alike for having a “laid back” (and that’s being generous btw) attitude towards training is not conducive, in my opinion, to the role of being captain.

Cue the usual “he’s got an agenda” bollocks when in fact what I state is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but !!!

UTB

Could be of course that putting on the armband brings out the best in Oli....in the absence of George, Norwood or Bash on Saturday I'd say he's nailed on to be skipper.

If Norwood starts then it'll be him. If he doesn't and Bash does, then Bash will get it. Long term it should be Baldock. He's the only one who shows any passion out there, he gets pissed off when we concede instead of dejected, and you can hear him talking non stop throughout the match to other players, often bollocking them when they've done something crap. He plays like a captain and should be the captain. Norwood does nothing of inspiration in matches. If I had someone like that telling me what to do I'd tell him to piss off until he does those things himself.

UTB

Genuine question - is that a known fact, or just hearsay? I've not picked up on it wither way, but his general demeanor has always given me the impression that that might be the case.

Genuine question - is that a known fact, or just hearsay? I've not picked up on it wither way, but his general demeanor has always given me the impression that that might be the case.
Who knows. His manager is on record as having to "push him and push him".

Or maybe I just make shit like this up for effect as has been rumbled on many occasions just for giggles !

UTB

P.S. watch him warm up ;)

With Egan out for a while, and Basham likely to be on the bench for most games, who is going to be the on pitch captain?
I wouldn't be convinced Basham will be on the bench in Egan's absence personally. Hecky has gone to him every time before Trusty.

I wouldn't be convinced Basham will be on the bench in Egan's absence personally. Hecky has gone to him every time before Trusty.
If he knows he’s got to plan longer term rather than 20mins that may alter his thinking.

I'd say the baton passes down as follows...

Norwood
Basham
Baldock/McBurnie
Wes

Which means McBurnie probably

In case you can’t be bothered to read the article (as it’s the Star, I wouldn’t blame you) the key bit is…

“Oli had a really difficult time and what people don't see is how hard he works off the pitch”

I didn't anticipate this question becoming so immediately pertinent. Get well soon bash.

Who took over the armband on Saturday?

I guess the role of a captain this season is a little more important because technically, they're the only ones who can go and question the referee (I know, I know, most teams still seem to get away with crowding the ref, but you know we won't get away with it)

So in that sense I would rather it wasn't Baldock, who looks like he's ready to nut the ref most times he's on the pitch. I think McBurnie might actually be a good option and might help him to mature a little bit. I think he'd step up to it. Plus he's the one who's always moaning to the ref so at least this way he'd probably get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom