Who is actually in charge of this mess?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me who the hell is running this club, at the moment?
As far as I know, the Prince is the owner, but never comes to the games.There’s a bloke called Yusuf Giansiracusa who is acting chairman, who we never hear from, and there’s Stephen Betts the Chief Executive, who the last time I remember hearing from him, was when he was nearly in tears when Wilder left.
what the hell have they been doing since January?
Taking 7 months to get a new manager in.If they wanted him, why weren’t they willing to pay some compo to his club to get him in earlier?
Failing to persuade Alan knill to stay on. His presence, I feel would have been invaluable to Slav.
Implementing a cunning transfer policy, that involves, not signing any players until well into the season.
Selling our Keeper, with no immediate back up plan?
Whatever It is, they are clearly not fronting up at the moment, and leaving it all to Slav to try and explain, a shit show, which they should shoulder some responsibility for.And,quite frankly it just isn’t good enough.

As far as I know, the Prince is the owner, but never comes to the games.There’s a bloke called Yusuf Giansiracusa who is acting chairman, who we never hear from, and there’s Stephen Betts the Chief Executive, who the last time I remember hearing from him, was when he was nearly in tears when Wilder left.
Taking 7 months to get a new manager in.If they wanted him, why weren’t they willing to pay some compo to his club to get him in earlier?
Failing to persuade Alan knill to stay on. His presence, I feel would have been invaluable to Slav.
Implementing a cunning transfer policy, that involves, not signing any players until well into the season.
Whatever It is, they are clearly not fronting up at the moment, and leaving it all to Slav to try and explain, a shit show, which they should shoulder some responsibility for.And,quite frankly it just isn’t good enough.
Can’t disagree there mate. It is a disaster at present.

I couldn't even get a pie and the cider ran out and that's going down 10 mins before HT, the club is a shambles at the minute and it's depressing. The Hendos sausage roll was OK tho 👌

Agreed I am sorry but the Prince needs to come out and make a statement of intent ,he is slowly going to loose a lot of the fan base support if the silence carries on

I think there is some overreaction. We need to quicken our build up and improve the crossing, but this performance was better. Players need some luck as the ball just isn't falling for us at the moment. The midfield does need additions, but I thought Berge played well and I was impressed by Davies. Let's not be too damning just yet!

Agree with the OP. The club is a complete shambles again. Crowds of 28k and 29k this season deserve far better.

Unfortunately it's football and fans get what they're given.

If fans got what they deserved, teams like Torquay would've won the Champions League.

The OP is spot on. We hear nothing.
Just an occasional update would pacify most of us, but nothing!
Continue like this and the atmosphere will turn Toxic.
The board are not aware how bad it can be when the fans turn against them.

The lack of communication between the club and the fans is being sorted. There’s due to be a fans forum after the window and they are looking into getting a direct channel of communication to the fans

The OP is spot on. We hear nothing.
Just an occasional update would pacify most of us, but nothing!
Continue like this and the atmosphere will turn Toxic.
The board are not aware how bad it can be when the fans turn against them.

Nothing will pacify a large portion of the fanbase, it's not like we ever got much from the board but Wilder being in charge meant people were fine with it. Now he's not, nothing will ever be good enough for some, even though we've not done anything differently than when we were successful, and have appointed a good manager when everyone thought we'd cheap out, and held out for good money for Ramsdale.

Board have always been quiet, always slow at getting business done, always a basket case.

Wouldn't mind it changing, but it's not new.

The lack of communication between the club and the fans is being sorted. There’s due to be a fans forum after the window and they are looking into getting a direct channel of communication to the fans
Where does it say this? Can see some ugly scenes at the fans forum if we still haven’t won or signed any more.

Where does it say this? Can see some ugly scenes at the fans forum if we still haven’t won or signed any more.
From what I gather it’s been delayed till after the window so there isn’t just constant questions on who we are signing and questions on progress can be asked. Just what I’ve heard on the grapevine is all

The Prince won’t have much input on the everyday running of the club like most other clubs.

Do we not think a Director of Football is the way forward? Must be a reason most other clubs are going this way.

It’s a good question. Whoever’s in charge left us seriously unprepared tactically, physically and mentally for this dogfight.

It’s a good question. Whoever’s in charge left us seriously unprepared tactically, physically and mentally for this dogfight.
We were undercooked and under prepared at the start of last season, and the same has happened again.
The constant is the present people in charge.
According to Nathan Hemingway of the Yorkshire post, they are still at the stage of making enquiries for players.This is ridiculous.
One of the criticisms last season from the Board was Wider only gave them one option, and they wanted 4 or 5, so it would be easier to recruit.
Now he’s gone, it was fair to assume they had implemented this plan, but no, here we are at 11th hour making enquiries if a player might be available, with only days to go.
One of the many problems of leaving it this late, is players that might have been willing to come, will look at at us, and not fancy a relegation dogfight now.
It looks a shambles.Let’s hope it isn’t, but they need to pull it out of the fire in the next 10 days.

And how's that gong to be administered, attended by yes men, who don't ask a direct question?

The plan on paper makes sense. The implementation is, so far, dire.

Recruit the 'ideal' candidate in Jokanovic
Cut cloth accordingly (Ramsdale), but try ti keep best 'assets'
Target top quality loans

This was the biggest transfer window in recent history, and our best chance of getting back up. So far it's a clusterfuck

Can't fault the names we've been linked to Davies, Diallo, Elliott, Garner, Vieira. Honestly sign any 3 of them and think we are challenging.

Whilst it's good we've not rolled over on Ramsdale, it feels like we've spent too much time negotiating with Arsenal and now left it late in the day for actually strengthening

After Vieira, Garner and seemingly Diallo going down the swanny - we need to pull 5 rabbits out of the next 10 days. It may well happen, but lets be honest, it ain't.

Yeah we all know how those fans forums work the same old happy clappers patting each other on the back and boasting how many loyalty points they have, those in charge never get a hard time or they wouldn't have them.
Let the board answer some questions online and get a real feel of what normal fans think rather than a select band of star struck clappers.

You maybe right but until this widow closes I won’t make any judgement

You maybe right but until this widow closes I won’t make any judgement

This is S2 mate. You stick the knife in now and if you’re wrong you whine when someone drags up your post.

Like virtually everyone on here I have no idea of what’s going on behind the scenes. Hopefully there is plenty, but l prefer the club keeping as much under wraps as possible, rather than the boardroom leaks under, but not from, McCabe.

Yeah we all know how those fans forums work the same old happy clappers patting each other on the back and boasting how many loyalty points they have, those in charge never get a hard time or they wouldn't have them.
Let the board answer some questions online and get a real feel of what normal fans think rather than a select band of star struck clappers.

:) First two or three rows! Don’t forget the two faced internet critics who queue up for a photo.

Or the odd mouthy drunk.

I couldn't even get a pie and the cider ran out and that's going down 10 mins before HT, the club is a shambles at the minute and it's depressing. The Hendos sausage roll was OK tho 👌
It wants to be more than ok for fucking £4.50! It needs to be the size of my forearm for starters.

The Prince tenure is decided in 11 days.
We need signings and need to open the cheque book.

The Prince won’t have much input on the everyday running of the club like most other clubs.

Do we not think a Director of Football is the way forward? Must be a reason most other clubs are going this way.

And yet, so many on here reckoned we'd be dubble-reyt given we'd come down with the likes of Berge, Norwood and Fleck and they'd piss copiously all over the opposition, given they were PL players last season.

Fucking deluded.

pommpey

It’s going well init 👍

Back
Top Bottom