Which United players from the last 30 years could have gone on to play for England?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Simon Tracey
2. Kyle Naughton
3. Wayne Quinn
4. Curtis Woodhouse
7. Michael Tonge
8. Michael Brown
9. Rob Hulse (at a push)
10. Brian Deane
11. Dane Whitehouse

I thought all these may have made some full squads for non-friendly matches had they had a change in one or more of attitude, fitness, luck or (let’s be honest, the main reason) club.

There were two that did move on quickly enough though, meaning that the centre half spots are missing due to them becoming regulars…

As for filling these with other names - Kennedy wasn’t anywhere near good enough. Nor was Kilgallon.

I'd have JOC as one of the centre backs. Was much better than Mings in our first seasons back and unlucky to not get a call up.

I'd have JOC as one of the centre backs. Was much better than Mings in our first seasons back and unlucky to not get a call up.

It wouldn’t need the biggest push. Ricky Lambert played in a World Cup for England.

Good points. I was even thinking about JOC before I had the idea of creating a team of the fuckers, but obviously contemplating Wayne Quinn’s hair threw me off track.

Back
Top Bottom