When did you leave

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What score did you leave at?

• Total voters

Zipwire

Reaction score
I managed to last until the 4th, and then fucked off to the boozer to moan to my mates and drown my sorrows.

Left after the 4th, it was 6 by the time we had walked to the car, just got to the end of our road for the 8th very
disgusted and fed up.

I never leave early. No moral high ground, I have no issue with the mass exodus, but I feel like I have to stay. Also, I’m sure it would’ve been worse watching the numbers tick over on BBC app.

Stayed to the end. For the history. To justify going in the first place. And for the amazingly clear roads on the drive home

Turned to my mate at 4-0, said, "What do you wanna do?" He said "give it 10 minutes". I don't know what magic he expected to happen in 10 minutes.

We fucked off at 5-0, I told my other mates via WhatsApp that I was heading to the boozer if they care to join me, they informed me that they were already there.

Sheffield United: Bringing you early pub visits since 1889.

Left at 5-0 but was leaving at that time no matter what, had go home for 6-30 , i could have not gone but would rather go for a few minuites than not at all, the reason for the defeat was i placed a bet on us to win , for the first and now last time

Surely we're the masochists in this situation?

7th goal (70th minute) never left early before. Oh well was hanging and it was a late Sunday anyway.

Stayed to the end as i wanted to see the players and management reaction at full time for some reason. Maybe I'm just a bit drawn by wanting to observe the ignominy, mortification, and the (hopefully!) bottoming out of a situation. I also stayed for the infamous Adkins lap of shame, too 🫤.
Or maybe it's because I have absolutely no friends or mates to have a drink with anyway!
utb

I sat there in despair until the end. It was absolutely painful. But I wanted to see first hand if there was any reaction from anyone but there hardly was

Watched it till the end of the TV i actually thinks this hurts more than 6 seasons in league 1 and the Adkins 11th place finish and walk of shame. I have never heard the Lane so quiet and understandably so. Horrific performance

Oh - by the way fwiw...

Took my missus as one of my mates couldn't use his season ticket and my son was playing golf and the next door neighbour is very poor company.

Last time she went to the lane was the 1-2 defeat by Wigan when we went down....

Couldn’t watch the second half,no chance that we would turn things around you could see the fight and spirit had gone.I took consolation in the fact that we would have to perform heroics to stay up this season anyway and that the money will at least cushion the blow.The real ‘punch in the guts’ was not the heavy defeat it was the total capitulation without even a bit of effort to save their own and the clubs respect…..i never thought i would see my team just roll over and give up without a fight,that is what is really unforgiveable.The real concern is that i can see this happening again !!

It's the first time I've ever left early because I wanted to (I've occasionally had to leave early when I'd miss a train due to injury time). I started wanting to leave after the sixth but decided to stick it out. I was with my youngest daughter and when the seventh went in I thought it was wiser to walk out calmly than her hear the things I was about to say.

Mind you, I'm still way more pissed off about the Spurs game than yesterday.

Oh - by the way fwiw...

Took my missus as one of my mates couldn't use his season ticket and my son was playing golf and the next door neighbour is very poor company.

Last time she went to the lane was the 1-2 defeat by Wigan when we went down....

With the greatest of respect, please never bring her again.

Oh - by the way fwiw...

She's the football Grim Reaper. Keep her away or get rid all together.

I left after 30 seconds into the first half.

Couldn't take any more.

Went to look for the pigeons

First time I've ever left that early.

As a true Yorkshireman, I never leave early when I have paid to watch something. And I always find something of interest watching any football at any level. That was painful, but… the more painful the bad moments, the more enjoyable the good moments. One of my early games was the 7-2 defeat by Rotherham in 1956 (we stayed to the end), but not long after that the team of the late 50s and early 60s was in place, and gave me enormous enjoyment through my teenage years. Keep the faith; the alternatives are to support Man City for a year or 2, or give up football.

Was walking back up the kop when the 4th went in, walked back down, went to Triple Point to get seats for the mass grieving. Was surreal watching faces come in, everyone looked like they'd just got back from a war.

Shame we didn't get a goal anyway...

1695653853844.png

Left at five, the sixth went in halfway to the Albion. If that had been a Saturday three o’clock kickoff I’d have stayed out and got rather drunk, as it was I only had three pints and a kebab, and have been best mates with the bog for half the morning. Joy.

Back
Top Bottom