When did we last play a fixture on a Thursday night?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have never lost a Thursday night premier league match, ever.
Get thi sen down to Ladbrokes, easy moneh ;)

Interesting use of the word ‘definitely’.

Utd 1 Forest 0 was Tuesday 15th April 2003.
Fair enough. Hold my hands up. Could’ve sworn it was a Thursday night. I got the score & scorer right though!!

Think this one has everyone stumped!

A reminder:

The last time we played a home league game on a Thursday? (excluding boxing day and play-offs)

A reminder:

The last time we played a home league game on a Thursday? (excluding boxing day and play-offs)

I have a hazy recollection of a game against Crewe, in the snow.

But that might have been a Friday now I think about it...

I have a hazy recollection of a game against Crewe, in the snow.

But that might have been a Friday now I think about it...
Yes Friday. 0-0, streets all around covered in ice but Sky rules. Jags went to centre back., Morgs (?) off injured

What about New Years Day?

Haha fair point! (though no-one has said when a home Thursday game fell on New Year's)

I think we must be going back decades and decades if no-one has an answer?

Haha fair point! (though no-one has said when a home Thursday game fell on New Year's)

I think we must be going back decades and decades if no-one has an answer?

What about Christmas day? We played Donny Rovers at home on a Thursday Christmas day 1952

Pretty sure League matches were on a Thursday many years ago for ITV, we went to Rotherham United. I can't remember if that was the game where we scored 5. That Coventry City match infamous for the tennis balls was a Thursday.

A reminder:

The answer has been posted four times.

Here's it for a fourth:

Screenshot_20191116-134339.png

I watched it on TV. One of the most frustrating games I've ever witnessed.

I was there, I live (and at that time worked) amongst SISU fans (increasingly hard to find these days, should be on the Endangered List) and had to put up with a lot of crap from them. It was a super-frustrating match and the atmosphere during that particular stoppage in play was unpleasant.

Play restarts...

Billy scores...

Bedlam in the Away End. Fucking great it was.

We played Coventry away on a Thursday night, I think?

ahhh I remember that game very well !!
I was working nights at the timein a warehouse in Barnsley and used to get picked up by coach from the penny black at 10pm every night, I went to watch the full game in the penny black and as I walked in without realising I just automatically ordered a pint instead of a coke without thinking, one led to two which led to three and before I knew it I was watching the game with a load of manor blades, I told them my predicament of work and as I was explaining the coach pulled up outside we scored late on after the whistle stoppage and spirits were high among the manor blades, so high infact that when I went to the toilet I found myself followed in by all of them along with shots of whiskey and apple sours and told I wasn’t leaving until they were drunk,with slight hesitation I drank them little did I realise that another let’s say 2 surprises were waiting by the sink, after acknowledging their hospitality I left to get on the coach.... to work ! let’s say a hangover kicking in while still working at 7am isn’t nice, how I got through that shift is beyond me. 3 points and a memorable night to not forget though.

When did we last play a standard league match at home on a Thursday night? :)

Billy always scores on a Thursday , got to play him ;)

Have the Geordies sold out ?

Back
Top Bottom