What kind of a blade are you???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
Open to all on the forum to join in if they want to. A bit of a strange question so i will start with my answer.

Games
I am a fan who wants us to win every week, if we play poorly and lose i will moan, if we are negative and lose i will moan, if we play poorly and win i accept it but know it can not continue, if we play well and lose i know this happens, if we play well and win i have a good day.

Players/ managers
I am not a monty fan because i don't think he is a good footballer, he tries hard but as a selling club then i ask why he hasn't been sold? his scoring record speaks for it self and i now think we have better players in the squad, i was also not a blackwell fan i found him tactically inept which showed both last season and the start of this and i believe it was the right time to go. As for speed he looks ok at the moment but i worry that he may have learnt to much from blackwell. We haven't got a big or strong squad so i wish GS luck with that.

The board
I now think K mc has done what he can and is prepared to do for us, i'd like to see investment but not sure it will come, i don't see him supporting speed with funds so it looks like speed will have to use what he has got which does worry me and if speed does a good job he will be headhuntered and i wouldn't blame him if he left.

I don't wear red and white sunglasses and i still believe it will be a mid table finish for us as a lot of teams are strengthening and we aren't.

Just a quick question David, you say "a lot of teams are strengthening". Unless I've missed something, only Cardiff and QPR appear to have strengthened significantly. Having said that, Nosworthy, Bartley, Britton, Ertl, Calve, Simonsen and Jordan all played on saturday and all are new to SUFC. Have they not strengthened the squad?

Couple that with the fact that Gary Speed only had a few days of the transfer window left when he took over and has stated that he wishes to see first hand any player he would sign, it's probably not a surprise that nobody came in.

Just a quick question David, you say "a lot of teams are strengthening". Unless I've missed something, only Cardiff and QPR appear to have strengthened significantly. Having said that, Nosworthy, Bartley, Britton, Ertl, Calve, Simonsen and Jordan all played on saturday and all are new to SUFC. Have they not strengthened the squad?

Couple that with the fact that Gary Speed only had a few days of the transfer window left when he took over and has stated that he wishes to see first hand any player he would sign, it's probably not a surprise that nobody came in.

Same amount of outs as ins since the end of the season so i don't call that strengthening. I was referring to Leicester, swansea, weeds, palace etc all going for players on deadline day or gone in for loans.

Same amount of outs as ins since the end of the season so i don't call that strengthening. I was referring to Leicester, swansea, weeds, palace etc all going for players on deadline day or gone in for loans.

Leicester seem worse off this year.
Palace needed to strengthen as they were nearly relegated.
Leeds, would you have had any of their signings really?
Swansea, see Leeds.

I think we may have seen one or two come in if Blackwell hadn't gone, David but Speed admitted he would only sign players he had scouted himself so this could be the reason. Feet under the desk and all that.

Anyway, after the last 2 games, do we need anyone else??;)

Jordan Stewart out and Stephen Jordan in? I would call that strengthening:)

McCormack, definitely

Sorry, that was in answer to Robbie's question.

I think we may have seen one or two come in if Blackwell hadn't gone, David but Speed admitted he would only sign players he had scouted himself so this could be the reason. Feet under the desk and all that.

Anyway, after the last 2 games, do we need anyone else??;)

Jordan Stewart out and Stephen Jordan in? I would call that strengthening:)

When injuries and suspensions start yes we do need to strengthen.

I personally will be bitterly disappointed if we don't finish in top 6 this season because this is the worst the league has been for years.

When injuries and suspensions start yes we do need to strengthen.

Absolutely! I'm with you on that David and have said as much in previous posts.

All fine and dandy when you can turn out your best 11 (or near to) every week. Wait while the injuries and suspensions kick in. It's goner be a long season and we don't have the depth to sustain any sort of top 6 challange.

COYRAWW

I personally will be bitterly disappointed if we don't finish in top 6 this season because this is the worst the league has been for years.

I wouldn't say it's the worst league in years, it's far more open this year because most of the teams in the league are at a very similar level, with the exception of QPR and Cardiff of course. But I do agree, this is our best chance to get back out of this league again and having another crack at the big time charlies.

Back
Top Bottom