What happens if promotion isn’t achieved?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Point one is a big assumption, I know. Point two, really? Ignoring the fact that Moose is not on enormous wages, relatively speaking, which players do you think will be cheaper, given that a huge perk as the player to running down a contract is to be able to demand higher wages for the same total cost of ownership as the club does not have to pay a transfer fee.

If we were to clone Sharp and make him five years younger, how much would we spend to pick him up off the street and give him, say, a two year contract?

We signed Moose from another PL club for several million. He'll be on a good wage and I doubt he signed for the favourites for relegation with a huge relegation downlift clause either. He'll be on a good whack. Much more than a young striker at a L1 club or even a striker at a medium to lower Championship club.

When we signed Sharp from Leeds as a league 1 club are you really telling me you think we were paying him more than we pay Moose now?!

Financial meltdown?

genuinely worried about the outcome of this season.

Hopefully ..... we get rid of some of the highly paid, underperformers that we're currently having to put up with and replace them with players who want to bleed red & white stripes.
UTB & FTP

Financial meltdown?

genuinely worried about the outcome of this season.
We’ll still be here. Even if we do go in to meltdown, club will always be here. I enjoyed league one and would be nice to see league 2 as well 🤣.

let’s remain positive

Going to sound crazy but we would need a proper rebuild of the squad that would make it almost impossible to survive next season if we got promoted. Not getting promoted might actually be the better way of going about it this season I’ll take a play-off position with a sprited fight that just falls short.

To answer the original question, not a lot.

We didn't overspend in the PL and most of our squad are on modest wages - even at Championship level. According to SwissRamble on Twitter, our revenue/wages ratio was about 55% last year, which is low by modern standards. Some Championship clubs spend around 90% of their revenue on wages. Even with the inevitable drop in revenue this season, the parachute payments + relegation wage drop clauses in player contracts will mostly negate that.

So it's seems slightly hysterical to suggest a revolution in the summer.

Last edited:
Hi Stegosaurus here,
We'd gain a ground that we could sell.
A bunch of players that we can use in our squad or sell if they aren't good enough.
A bunch of experienced staff members
A pooled scouting network
Plus an increased fanbase. Adding Wednesday's fanbase to our own will triple it in size.
I’ll go with this as long as Tango promises to wear the shirt

i think its more than likely a mid table position this season but if somehow we could bring a physical midfielder winger and another striker in in january there would be a decent chance of making the play offs only 3 places up for grabs anyway but apart from bournemouth fulham and west brom this league is much of a muchness and any 3 teams could get the last 3 spots

Back
Top Bottom