What do you want to see in the remaining games this season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A plague of locusts, the four horsemen of the apocalypse wreaking havoc across the pitch, the tormented souls of dead sinners, squirming beneath the feet of the combatants as the ground opens up releasing the Kraken* to devour every living being in sight.

And a bit more commitment from the midfield wouldn't go amiss.

*(c) Sidney Powell
In that order I take it...?

Nothing will change. PH has as good as said the players we have can only play in 3-5-2 formation. They are not even trying a different way of playing in training.
Well we were basically playing 8-0-2 at times yesterday. F*ck knows what we were doing 2nd half, but it seemed to involve playing Osborn as a no. 10?

I was hoping for a goal of two but after watching last night, even just a tackle or two would be nice

Something that resembles football, rather than what appears to be 11 jack russels dressed in red and white chasing a balloon

A plan whether that’s in the next game or at the end of the season but something that shows us the direction the club is taking headed into the off season.

Something that resembles football, rather than what appears to be 11 jack russels dressed in red and white chasing a balloon
Chasing the ball would be nice. They were stood like traffic cones ball watching last night.

Yes, should have also stated, regarding Lundstram. I don't want to see him play another game for us.

The McCarthy thing was really embarrassing for Wilder. Notice how Radio Sheffield NEVER put McCarthy on our games, or pre match pressers after a while. Why? Because Wilder couldn't help but hold a grudge with the guy at every opportunity. Snappy one word responses being the norm or "as i've just told you" as the stock response to any other question.

It was quite pathetic to listen to really. Sorry Chris, but you showed yourself up. Still love ya though ❤️
Agreed.
Aside from the last sentence. I'd throw up.

Nothing will change. PH has as good as said the players we have can only play in 3-5-2 formation. They are not even trying a different way of playing in training.
PH is lying because the players cannot 'play' in a 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2) at all. They are merely on the pitch going through the motions in that formation, to play would assume some kind of contest for the opposition.

Apart from Lundstram getting a good hard kick in the bollocks I'd like to see us put out a team that cares and has a bit of pride in what they do. That would probably mean playing a few under 23's or at least filling the bench with them. Some of the starters yesterday have less get up and go than a corpse.

Nowt ... we've seen nowt so rar so why change it .... roll on next season hopefully new players, new manager and some tactics!

Effort, please. If the players "earn" an average of £15k a game I would appreciate them at least trying to resemble a football team.
Sadly, even that is beyond us.

Brewster on from the start.a few young uns.
Lundstrom and, Norwood dropped and never play for us again.

Brewster scoring a goal, even if its our only goal for rest of season
Burke having a shot on goal after his "The Flash" type run
Didzy actually getting some support.
A proper midfield that tackles and feeds the forwards.
Dropping Lunny and a Unicorn pooping on his head whilst he is sat in the stand.

Walsall was the lowest point in our history.There’s just no comparison with how bad Walsall was with our current situation.
However even that was quickly forgotten when we turned every fixture into a home game with support the 4th division had never seen before.
It felt like a season long party and I only missed a handful of away matches.
UTB.

The nightmare finale against Walsall wasn't the lowest point for me.

My lowest point came in the first game of the following season. My memory is that we were 2 nil up at half time but ended up drawing 2-2 at home against the mighty Hereford United. 😱

Leaving the ground I was sick with worry that we were just another 4th division side.

We are in between places now, nothing to play for but pride, and maybe generate some new ideas for next season. What do you want to see happen with Heckingbottom in charge?

Personally, I think we have to try something new. The 5-3-2 hasn't worked for a while, nor have the tactics, and although I have no idea whether Heckingbottom and Knill are still likely to fancy it, I hope they mix things up.

A few things I would like to see:
  • 4-3-3 formation- featuring whichever 2 CBs we have fit (most likely Amps and Bryan, but it's academic with all the injuries really) with Baldock and Osborne at FB. Norwood, Fleck and Bogle in midfield. Didsy, McB and Brewster up top, with Burke and Billy in reserve. Moose will be too busy speaking to his lawyers by the sound of it!
  • Start Brewster and Bogle as much as possible. Invest minutes in these lads, build confidence and let them rip in the championship campaign.
  • Attack and commit bodies forward - we are no longer going to be remembered as the worst PL team in history, maybe the 3rd or 4th by the time it's done, but how give a **** about that. Try and score some goals and bloody a few more noses on the way down.
  • Get some of the young players involved - this is the big plus of giving Heckingbottom the reins for a few months. He will have an idea who might be up to it, and we could see a couple of prospects start to come through.

We might well lose every game, but under the circumstances, it's all a free hit now. Just give us something to be optimistic about FFS!

In a weird kind of way, despite the sadness of losing Wilder, I am mildly excited about seeing what turns out v Leicester.

UTB
How about a manager? Yes, that'd be good, I'd like to see a manager who's not worried about having (technically) relegated with Sheffield United on his CV.

Back
Top Bottom