What do you want to see in the remaining games this season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is that what I got the wow for?

What are the alternatives?

Baldock, Jags, Stevens, Mcburnie?

Until we get the first choice players back, we are likely to be picking a side that makes us wince. It's a bit of a shit show really

Play a back five and cover our huge weaknesses with numbers. If we leave those two alone at centre half we will be annihilated IMHO.

Tbh I'm of a mind not to watch tomorrow, I can see utter confusion and steptoe and Co putting 10 past us. It just doesn't bear thinking about.
More or less my thoughts.

To counter that, next season's business is going to be conducted in the division below and the manager we've just parted with would have been the best for the job at that level.
I agree but if we got promoted would he have been good enough ? Possibly but I think CW had in mind a legacy tat was perhaps a little fanciful in content

All we can ask for is whatever side is put out they have a go.
We are relegated and have just lost the manager who got us to the Premiership, just hope the players don't roll over and have their belly tickled, because if they do these last few games could become embarrassing.

To be honest, I don't give a fuck about today and doubt I'll tune in.

Right now, this doesn't feel like my football club, and my club doesn't feel United. This feels like a horrendous business decision, made by business men. It's the furthest extreme from the feel-good journey we've been on for these past five years, with him leading us on our way, as the song goes.

It hasn’t felt like my football club since we kicked off against Wolves on the first day of the season. So what’s really changed?

Don't care about results that much, just want to see the players play for the club and not give up on us (like some fans have) now that CW is gone

Play for the badge on the front of the shirt

A bit more fight in their belly would be a start.
As for Wilder,I've been expecting it for a few weeks now.
Walsall was worse for me
Walsall was the lowest point in our history.There’s just no comparison with how bad Walsall was with our current situation.
However even that was quickly forgotten when we turned every fixture into a home game with support the 4th division had never seen before.
It felt like a season long party and I only missed a handful of away matches.
UTB.

Seriously cannot get my head around why any self confessed Unitedite would want to see us struggle...

Ffs, I support SUFC, not Chris Wilder.

Wanting players to down tools...dear me. They are paid well to do a job and they should be doing it better than they have done. Shall we just call ourselves Wilder FC and have him in charge until he's old father time and make him untouchable?

Thing is he was just another employee of our club and whether you like it or not, it's someone else in the hot seat now. Whoever it is I wish them nothing but success whilst they are SUFC manager.

And for the record I also wish nothing but success to Chris Wilder in his future career (bar him ever becoming Wednesday manager of course).

Now let's see of we can have a positive result and performance today. That would certainly cheer me up.

Agreed! If their loyalties are with Chris Wilder and not Sheffield United, then they can just get a season ticket at Wilder’s next club. They won’t be missed at the Lane.

Play a back five and cover our huge weaknesses with numbers. If we leave those two alone at centre half we will be annihilated IMHO.
I suppose it depends on what the question is. If it's how do we try and get a point today? I'd play five at the back as deep as possible, with a four man midfield sat just in front and Burke up top chasing lost causes and trying to win the odd free kick.

That might be what we get to see as well, given the opposition, and may be a decent dress rehearsal for the cup game in 7 days.

It's not what I want to see us do with the rest of the season though. Although if I'm being honest, neither is playing Ampadu and Bryan as a CH pairing :)

I suppose it depends on what the question is. If it's how do we try and get a point today? I'd play five at the back as deep as possible, with a four man midfield sat just in front and Burke up top chasing lost causes and trying to win the odd free kick.

That might be what we get to see as well, given the opposition, and may be a decent dress rehearsal for the cup game in 7 days.

It's not what I want to see us do with the rest of the season though. Although if I'm being honest, neither is playing Ampadu and Bryan as a CH pairing :)

I don’t want us to lose 8-0. That’s the bar for me. 😂

Walsall was the lowest point in our history.There’s just no comparison with how bad Walsall was with our current situation.
However even that was quickly forgotten when we turned every fixture into a home game with support the 4th division had never seen before.
It felt like a season long party and I only missed a handful of away matches.
UTB.
For once the board showed a bit of sense and, or got lucky.
Appointed Porterfield who had just taken Rotherham into the 2nd division. Brearley gave him money and he shaped a proper team with some good players.
Instilled some value to being a Blade, the players wore club blazer, club tie, grey kecks. Looked the part off pitch.
Bassett and CW similar but CW has it in his veins.
Takes some effort and an understanding to run the Blades. Didn't think we would be landing on snakes this time. Not sure now.

Although it would hurt me deeply. I want the players come out and prove to us that is was Chris Wilder’s stubborn inability to change his methods, that was holding this team back.....and not them.
Alas not.....They simply ain’t up to the task.

Could we possibly email the Premier League and ask to relegated early.

Stop giving the ball away so easily and giving away these daft soft goals like the Blades have in last 2 games (Foxes & Saints). The players to show more ambition and really give it a go instead of just sitting back and been lazy and outplayed

great question and a difficult one to answer. Injuries are one problem as Basham, Egan, JOC and Berge would all be starters in my first choice team, so it can't be a rehearsal for next season in that regard. So for me, its
  • Formation - I'm not particularly hung on on the formation debate but we really don't have the staff left for 3 CBs so I'm guessing we will get to see alternatives to that.
  • Players out the team - I wouldn't start with Jags or Lundstram again, I don't really see the point.
  • Youngsters - I'm sure we will some of the youngsters get some pitch time, off the bench and probably a bit later in the season
  • FA Cup - it would be great to progress next Sunday
  • Fight - It's 10 games, plus whatever the cup brings, and the new man in charge has to get them up for each one.
The team for later today might look like this if I was picking the team, but I recognise that really isn't a premier league side.

Ramsdale
Baldock - Ampadu - Bryan - Lowe
Bogle - Norwood - Fleck
Didsy
Brewster - Burke

Subs Foderingham, Osborn, Stevens, Mcburnie, Sharp, Lundstram, Jags, +2 kids (no idea which ones
I'd say anyone who isn't going to be here next year has to be reprioritized.

So Lunny out, Jags only in absolute emergencies, Bryan depending on if a new deal is incoming or not etc.

I'd have a slight exemption there for Ampadu because we may well wish to knock on Chelsea's door next season for a loan or two. As bad as we've been, we will have some goodwill with the amount of games he's played. No need to burn out bridges.

Then pick a formation with those who are left and fit. I.e. don't slavishly stick to 3-5-2. I liked 3-5-2 and 3-4-1-2 overlapping but to have laboured with it despite having all the key cogs missing has been tragic to watch.

Back in November I was suggesting 4-3-1-2. I really don't mind. Clearly 3 at the back doesn't have the players. Stevens clearly hates it for one.

After last night, I'd declare our season closed so we can do something else instead of torturing ourselves watching this shadowy, pixellated .GIF that is our team

Attachments

• White Flag.jpg
    White Flag.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We are in between places now, nothing to play for but pride, and maybe generate some new ideas for next season. What do you want to see happen with Heckingbottom in charge?

Personally, I think we have to try something new. The 5-3-2 hasn't worked for a while, nor have the tactics, and although I have no idea whether Heckingbottom and Knill are still likely to fancy it, I hope they mix things up.

A few things I would like to see:
  • 4-3-3 formation- featuring whichever 2 CBs we have fit (most likely Amps and Bryan, but it's academic with all the injuries really) with Baldock and Osborne at FB. Norwood, Fleck and Bogle in midfield. Didsy, McB and Brewster up top, with Burke and Billy in reserve. Moose will be too busy speaking to his lawyers by the sound of it!
  • Start Brewster and Bogle as much as possible. Invest minutes in these lads, build confidence and let them rip in the championship campaign.
  • Attack and commit bodies forward - we are no longer going to be remembered as the worst PL team in history, maybe the 3rd or 4th by the time it's done, but how give a **** about that. Try and score some goals and bloody a few more noses on the way down.
  • Get some of the young players involved - this is the big plus of giving Heckingbottom the reins for a few months. He will have an idea who might be up to it, and we could see a couple of prospects start to come through.

We might well lose every game, but under the circumstances, it's all a free hit now. Just give us something to be optimistic about FFS!

In a weird kind of way, despite the sadness of losing Wilder, I am mildly excited about seeing what turns out v Leicester.

UTB
Nothing will change. PH has as good as said the players we have can only play in 3-5-2 formation. They are not even trying a different way of playing in training.

A plague of locusts, the four horsemen of the apocalypse wreaking havoc across the pitch, the tormented souls of dead sinners, squirming beneath the feet of the combatants as the ground opens up releasing the Kraken* to devour every living being in sight.

And a bit more commitment from the midfield wouldn't go amiss.

*(c) Sidney Powell

Nothing will change. PH has as good as said the players we have can only play in 3-5-2 formation. They are not even trying a different way of playing in training.

Sadly true

Back
Top Bottom