CONFIRMED Wes Foderingham signs on 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does seem an odd signing as he doesn’t appear to be particularly highly rated. As for outfield players, I do hope we focus on bringing in 2 or 3 proven quality players, ideally with pace, rather than several average ones. We are a top 10 Prem side now and our signings need to reflect that.

Surely Ole will want Henderson to be number 2 over Romero next season?

Surely Ole will want Henderson to be number 2 over Romero next season?

Henderson won't accept being number 2 at this stage in his career. He'll either be back out on loan or forcing through a perm transfer. Personally think it'll be the latter.

Henderson won't accept being number 2 at this stage in his career. He'll either be back out on loan or forcing through a perm transfer. Personally think it'll be the latter.

I'd worry that a permanent makes it less likely for a return than a loan.

Wages are a concern already with some players wanting a big advance, can Blades pay Henderson 50-80k a week?

I'd worry that a permanent makes it less likely for a return than a loan.

Wages are a concern already with some players wanting a big advance, can Blades pay Henderson 50-80k a week?

For clarity, any permanent move definitely rules us out. £30m fee + huge wages. No chance.

If we can shift on Verrips, then it's a good deal. He was a big talent, and deserve to play. Same with Moore. With all he has done for us, he deserves a club that gives him gametime.

He's always been excellent whin I've seen him, we were linked with when his Swindon contract expired.
Was disappointed he moved to a lower standard in the Scottish Prem, but hopefully has got his career back on track now.

Will make a good no 2 I think.
I think so too, whenever I've seen him play he has always struck me as being agile, alert and quick thinking and always looking to start breakout play

As per others' comments, seems a weird one and not a signing to get particularly excited about but if he's going to be back up then it's fair enough I guess.

Can he catch a ball ?

This is what I remember about him from Swindon. Good shot stopper. Can't catch.

It's a bit depressing that we've signed him up for 3 years. Means Verrips is off, at a guess (hasn't Moore signed a new contract).

If this is where we're fishing then it might be a tough couple of seasons to come.

If Henderson doesn't return( I don't think he will ) then yes. UTB

He wont be No1. just read the press release for it, they rolled out Darren Ward for it, granted he's GK coach but if he was going to be No1 then they would have made a bigger deal it reads very much like they're bringing hin in to add depth and competition.

"Goalkeeping coach Darren Ward said of Foderingham's arrival: "We have followed his development for a number of years and are delighted to be able to bring him in to bolster the goalkeeping department to give us options and competition for places"
"Wes is an experienced keeper and we look forward to working with him."

It's a bit depressing that we've signed him up for 3 years. Means Verrips is off, at a guess (hasn't Moore signed a new contract).

If this is where we're fishing then it might be a tough couple of seasons to come.

Not sure on Moore but Verrips signed on for 4 years. having said that there seems to be on going issues there still with what happened in Belgium

Not sure on Moore but Verrips signed on for 4 years. having said that there seems to be on going issues there still with what happened in Belgium

If, as someone mentioned above, Verrips goes out on loan, then fine. I guess between Fotherington and Moore then we've got decent back-up (you need 3 keepers in the top flight). It's the length of contract which gives me pause for concern.

Don't take everything so serious pal, I only answered the question. 👍

A forum will always have differences of opinion. Just somet you've got to embrace.
I was joshin. No offence intended or taken 👍🏻

So everybodys else who has an opinion different to you must be wrong and a ****? Great way to back up your thoughts on him. My thoughts personally is that it doesn't fill me with much excitement at all, I'd like to know who else was in for him!

If it doesn’t fill you with excitement go and support Man City who have 80million to spend on a keeper.

Bottom line is we have to rely on other factors for us to even get Henderson. We’ve got the best keeper out there that will fit what we want. He’ll back up and Also improvement on Moore and Verrips if Henderson falls through.

Not in a position to have what want so you get what you need.

He wont be No1. just read the press release for it, they rolled out Darren Ward for it, granted he's GK coach but if he was going to be No1 then they would have made a bigger deal it reads very much like they're bringing hin in to add depth and competition.

"Goalkeeping coach Darren Ward said of Foderingham's arrival: "We have followed his development for a number of years and are delighted to be able to bring him in to bolster the goalkeeping department to give us options and competition for places"
"Wes is an experienced keeper and we look forward to working with him."

to me that reads Hendo has gone so forget him and you goalkeepers in pre-season now have to fight for No.1 spot and prove you are the best as we haven't got a clue which to pick.

Does De Gea move to Glasgow Rangers to complete the triangle ? :)

I remember the same sort of shit flying about when we signed Mcgoldrick? Why do some of our fans never learn? Wait till he’s played at least 10 games before slaughtering him?

Back
Top Bottom