We're miles apart.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Thought I'd start this thread now to save everybody the hassle at 5pm.

Anything other than defeat today is a fantastic result. And yes we are miles apart from them... 31 places to be exact. So please, if we concede 3, 4 or 5 today. Don't state the bleeding obviously. League is all that matters and Blackman going might spur us on. A bit like when Beattie fooked off. Hendo & Sharp pulled their socks up and got us to Wembley

Agree, anything other than a defeat would be a great result. However, there are advantages to losing as well, don't want to be in the cup really, unless we get a Man U/ Man C/ Arsenal away in the next round. Just hope the lads go out and put in a performance like they want it, with a bit of passion to reinstall some faith into the fans.

As for Blackman going, I don't think it's anywhere near the level of Beattie leaving, because beattie was head and shoulders above all our other players at the time. I don't think Blackman is even our best/most valuable asset, but him leaving might change things around. I'm hoping the deal is stalling until we sort out a replacement, but today is all about them looking interested regardless of result.

Then again, if they play a weakened side, with our good recent form at that flat-pack stadium, you never know....

Anything other than defeat today is a fantastic result. And yes we are miles apart from them... 31 places to be exact. So please, if we concede 3, 4 or 5 today. Don't state the bleeding obviously. League is all that matters and Blackman going might spur us on. A bit like when Beattie fooked off. Hendo & Sharp pulled their socks up and got us to Wembley

Today's result won't piss me off at all, I expected a 3 or 4 niller before, and I do now. No problem with that.

The league thing is different. We've just flushed it down the toilet, and with it the hopes that one day soon things will get a bit better.

UTB

the thing people neglect about blackman is yes i agree he's not that good. but...and its a jo brand sized but...he's still one of our best 2 or 3 players. cos our squad is so poor. you can't compare losing a blackman now, to losing a player like that when we were challenging for promotion to the premier league. right now, we have maybe 3 or 4 decent quality players. if im being generous. 2 if im not. so losing one is a massive blow.

actually we are 181 miles if you go down m1 but actually 176 miles if you do m1 and m40. Anyway i agree we are miles apart but why is that?? Chairman/owner?? Manager(s)???

actually we are 181 miles if you go down m1 but actually 176 miles if you do m1 and m40. Anyway i agree we are miles apart but why is that?? Chairman/owner?? Manager(s)???

Anything less than 5-0 will be a result for this shower of shit, a dream tie for us really we might not be totally embarrassed and will be able to claim a Premiership team knocked us out. Would anyone want our team to come up against Man U etc ??? only McCabe me thinks ............................ and only to pad his pockets even more.

In the spirit of the thread: Blackman unwell, mystery bug so unable to play, fancy that.

Anything less than 5-0 will be a result for this shower of shit, a dream tie for us really we might not be totally embarrassed and will be able to claim a Premiership team knocked us out. Would anyone want our team to come up against Man U etc ??? only McCabe me thinks ............................ and only to pad his pockets even more.

You are one of the most optimistic people I know. The amount of people who would describe metal as a 'happy-g-lucky' type chap is overwhelming. Please don't man the phones at the samaritans though, suicide rates will go through the roof.

i like the cut of your jib, boy! whatever the feck that actually means. every time you try to be reasonable, cut mccabe a bit of slack, he takes the piss. you give him an inch, he takes a kingsize butt plug. well no more i say!

if we dont make some darn tootin signings, and rather jolly quickly, i'm going to take some pretty stern protestual (made up word alert) action against him. i don't know what. but it will be incredibly dynamic. though probably after i've had a nice slice of battenberg, watched bergerac, and taken my afternoon nap.

viva la revolucion!

i like the cut of your jib, boy! whatever the feck that actually means. every time you try to be reasonable, cut mccabe a bit of slack, he takes the piss. you give him an inch, he takes a kingsize butt plug. well no more i say!

if we dont make some darn tootin signings, and rather jolly quickly, i'm going to take some pretty stern protestual (made up word alert) action against him. i don't know what. but it will be incredibly dynamic. though probably after i've had a nice slice of battenberg, watched bergerac, and taken my afternoon nap.

viva la revolucion!
Ken, you're like our very own, 'Poet Laureate!'
You're like a young Geoffrey Chaucer!!!

Partially, it's a cultural thing. I would suggest - and that's all it is, I have no real insight - that their support is a little more passive than ours. But then again, when you look what Mad has achieved - taken a copper-bottomed traditional D3/D4 club in a crumbling ruin and taken it to the Premiership and all-seater heaven without running the club to the brink of ruin he's got pretty much a full house of achivement.

How they've done that is by careful and consistent long term planning. Have a plan, believe in it, nuture it and stick with it when there's a wobble. On and off the field. Looks at their managers, they'll chop and change like everyone does, but the core belief of how they want to play is the first priority. We throw baby and bathwater out together everytime we change. Hoof.Pass.Hoof.Pass.Hoof.Pass. Our last six managers.

Real, deep rooted, long-term success takes enormous drive, commitment, energy and above all else the ability to choose the right people to buy into and carry out the grand plan.

When we're run by someone that ticks all those boxes. We'll punch our weight again.

yes. And after a 7 page thread of dummy spitting our chairman comes out and tells us that yes, palace have bid but didnt accept it and furthrrmore there'll be signings regardless of whether Blackman goes or not. How about that?

yes. And after a 7 page thread of dummy spitting our chairman comes out and tells us that yes, palace have bid but didnt accept it and furthrrmore there'll be signings regardless of whether Blackman goes or not. How about that?

Partially, it's a cultural thing. I would suggest - and that's all it is, I have no real insight - that their support is a little more passive than ours. But then again, when you look what Mad has achieved - taken a copper-bottomed traditional D3/D4 club in a crumbling ruin and taken it to the Premiership and all-seater heaven without running the club to the brink of ruin he's got pretty much a full house of achivement.

How they've done that is by careful and consistent long term planning. Have a plan, believe in it, nuture it and stick with it when there's a wobble. On and off the field. Looks at their managers, they'll chop and change like everyone does, but the core belief of how they want to play is the first priority. We throw baby and bathwater out together everytime we change. Hoof.Pass.Hoof.Pass.Hoof.Pass. Our last six managers.

Real, deep rooted, long-term success takes enormous drive, commitment, energy and above all else the ability to choose the right people to buy into and carry out the grand plan.

When we're run by someone that ticks all those boxes. We'll punch our weight again.
I understand what your saying but we were minutes away from remaining in the prem, who knows where we'd be if it wasn't for those little bits of luck going against us. We could've been like reading and been in and out of the prem or stoke and really kicked on after surviving and we'd all be hailing McCabe as the best thing since sliced bread. McCabe ain't on my xmas card list but we've been bloody unlucky since 2005 and without a sheik with a bottomless pit of money you can't expect to keep spending. McCabe's biggest mistake was Getting Bryan Robson and giving him the money he did, McCabe ain't great but I'd rather have him than a bloody Nigerian millionaire who knows nowt about football.

FFS just because he liked your etchings......

i knew we wouldnt sell blackman. were an ambitious club, mccabe is a true blade and is going to take us back to the premier league and into the champions league. ive always said that. mccabe for president!

Come off it Presty.

"I hope he doesn't go" - he's under contract to us. It's entirely our choice
"Nothing's been agreed" - ie we've snapped their hands off, but snow prevented Blackman meeting to agree terms
Wilson - "nobody in without someone leaving" - you'd hope he'd know, wouldn't you?

And I honestly don't know the answer to this, as my dummy is out - but can I take it Blackman isn't playing today? Is he unwell?

Edit - wow - I'm stunned - he's in. There's "hope" yet... :)

UTB

Good job Blackman played otherwise the mauling we're getting would be down to the fact we were missing him !

We appear to be miles away from MK Dons as well - they are currently stuffing another Premier League team (QPR) 4-0

Well thats bollocks, If you listen he says there has been a bid and it will be considered over the next few days.... He doesn't say if it has been accepted or declined.

Good job Blackman played otherwise the mauling we're getting would be down to the fact we were missing him !

Yes, because the mauling we're getting is down to Blackman who is on the pitch for his defensive qualities....
We're playing a team well beyond our hope of beating, the mauling is down to the shit management of the club over the last few years putting us in the shite third tier of English football with a crap squad with a very few bright potential sparks.

But if we're going to be playing in a higher league next season then we need to show some signs that we may be able to compete. I didn't expect owt at Reading, wouldn't expect too much if we got promoted becaue we're still stuck with McCabe in charge. Seriously, we can have this debate a million times but until we get somebody in who really cares, and who genuinely does want better things for the football side of the club we'll always get the same outcome.

We're a 3rd division club with a 3rd division chairman, we have 3rd division players and we aren't very good. We have a Premier League ground, Premier League supporters and what's happening at the Lane is a crying shame.

Spineless, gutless, no bottle, no battle - for me this is the worst of it. Expected a defeat but the manner of the defeat shows how poor this team is. It will continue into the league as such a mauling, at half pace for Reading, will do nothing for the players confidence. Contrast this with the fight that other teams like MKD, Macclesfield, Aldershot, and Luton showed - what a pile of shite we have representing us!

Don't you just dread hearing McCabe during the transfer window, you know that the smoke and mirrors is starting before yet another decision that weakens the side. Apparently we have two coming in and Blackman is still very much a Blades Player? Lots of bleating about how difficult it is to know how much we can spend on wages to stay within the rules. It surely cannot be that difficult to know your own turnover and work out 65% of it?

My prediction is Blackman will be gone by Thursday and we will not have made further signings due to some spurious excuse. Danny Wilson has my sympathies, he is working with his hands tied behind his back.

Mr McCabe,if we are so serious about promotion, tell palace that he is under contract and we don't want to sell.

Consider that we got promoted with reading and today has just highlighted how far we have fallen due to the disastrous leadership of this club from the boardroom.

What did he say?

Back
Top Bottom