Well done Warnock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saying almost everything we have now is down to Warnock? Are you on crack? He had 7 years n we were left in the same league yer daft bastard.

He’s a serial top flight failure and got relegated playing long ball after one season.

2003 was an amazing year regardless of the disappointment at the end. But let’s not pretend he left a crucial footballing legacy for a club that’s generally a comfortable championship club anyway.

Wednesday dropping absolutely affected our crowds. We were getting only 17k when we had Deane, Hutchison etc.

What you think all of sudden fans were suddenly enthralled to start turning up to watch us punt it up to Laurent d’jaffo?

He’s one of the better managers we’ve had, in a time of a shite footballing history. We owe next to Fuck all to Warnock apart from 2003.

Regardless of the cheating cockneys, he fucked up in 2007.
The game before Warnock came we got 9k in the league and we had no academy. Warnocks last game we got 32 k and had an academy, we averaged over 30k that season.
Dress that up how you want, its facts ,sorry to disappoint.
From 'a daft bastard' :rolleyes:

Warnock is arguably the most annoying manager in any league, he loves himself and he's about as much a Sheffield United fan as I am of John Lundstram but you can't deny he did well for us, along with McCabe at the time, we developed the ground, the academy and the club grew in stature. He got 38 points that first season on a small budget which is good enough to stay up most seasons and I'd definitely take 38 points ifyou offered me that for next season!

Kenny, Morgan, Jagielka, Stead, Hulse, Tonge Gillespie, Quinns ,Armstrong. talentless cloggers .
Morgs was a good defender, poor footballer. Tonge was wank, that free kick ain’t enough. Armstrong not a premier league player, at all. Quinn wasn’t there yet.

John Stead? Taking the piss aren’t yer? A couple good goals against wham and Charlton a premier league striker does not make.

Obviously Jags was great for the 5 games Warnock realised he should only be played at Center back. Hulse was great until the injury.

To be fair its more the utter shite in that team and squad dragging down the few mediocre players we had that was the problem.

Two half a million pound strikers were our strike force that day against Wigan, we lost because of the absolute paucity of footballing ability in the team.

The game before Warnock came we got 9k in the league and we had no academy. Warnocks last game we got 32 k and had an academy, we averaged over 30k that season.
Still very different from ‘most of what we have now we owe to Warnock’. He didn’t ‘build’ the academy and certainly didn’t implement any style of play throughout the youths levels.

The recruitment for years was absolutely amateur. He had 7 years with a good sized club, ended up in the same league and the team he left us with was wank. Simple as that.

The crowds went up, technically more than they went up with Wilder. But let’s not play silly buggers and pretend Warnock achieved or did more to increase our support than Chris.

Barring 2003 the football was dire.

Remember when he pissed away god knows how much money signing a billion strikers (90% of which were utter shit).

I wonder how we went from a talented up and coming team that played exciting football in 2003, to the cheap and nasty shower of shite that couldn’t get a point against an awful Wigan side.

7 years and left us in the same league we started in with a talentless bunch of cloggers.

Remember the good times, but there’s a reason he’s a serial premier league failure.
Thought you was talking about wilder then just few minor differences

What Warnock and McCabe did in that era is criminally underrated. It's exactly what we would want from any new owner. Growth in the fanbase and facilities. Only the collapse in the PL soured it all in some peoples minds.

Still very different from ‘most of what we have now we owe to Warnock’. He didn’t ‘build’ the academy and certainly didn’t implement any style of play throughout the youths levels.

The recruitment for years was absolutely amateur. He had 7 years with a good sized club, ended up in the same league and the team he left us with was wank. Simple as that.

The crowds went up, technically more than they went up with Wilder. But let’s not play silly buggers and pretend Warnock achieved or did more to increase our support than Chris.

Barring 2003 the football was dire.
You're really covering yourself in glory today with your lack of basic knowledge about your own club

You're really covering yourself in glory today with your lack of basic knowledge about your own club
Hardly. Aside from 2003 the style under Warnock was poor and everyone felt so at the time. Come on then brainiac, which year apart from 2003 did we play good football under Warnock?

Did we or did we not get relegated after one season with a long ball and long throw in team. Am I the only one who saw this?

‘Most of what we have now is down to warnock’, what complete and utter shit.

Not to mention, what is this ‘what we have now’. Not exactly European giants are we, the fucking training pitch was injuring the players last season.

The shit some of our fans settle for and deem as success, I swear it’s cus the pigs are consistently so bad. Some of you planks actually dream of a team to Bobby fords, unironically.
‘Most of what we have now’, what a load of shit.

Last edited:
Sorry, we don’t all feel the same about our recent history, I don’t think Warnock was that good, and I’m not alone in that.

Last edited:
Also. I qualify my comments by pointing out that my objection was to someone saying how much of what we have we owe to Warnock. The football itself and more importantly the footballing legacy is something I don’t rate, at all.

Doesn’t mean the memories of beating the pigs, the 2003 season and the promotion don’t matter.

But so much about the way Warnock managed the 2007 season pissed me off, and he left us with a poor squad who played awful football, and back in the championship

What Warnock and McCabe did in that era is criminally underrated. It's exactly what we would want from any new owner. Growth in the fanbase and facilities. Only the collapse in the PL soured it all in some peoples minds.
I appreciate what McCabe did off the field in the time Warnock was in charge, he lost the plot after the relegation.

I put the growth in the infrastructure at that time down to McCabe, would you believe.

Hardly. Aside from 2003 the style under Warnock was poor and everyone felt so at the time. Come on then brainiac, which year apart from 2003 did we play good football under Warnock?

Did we or did we not get relegated after one season with a long ball and long throw in team. Am I the only one who saw this?

‘Most of what we have now is down to warnock’, what complete and utter shit.

Not to mention, what is this ‘what we have now’. Not exactly European giants are we, the fucking training pitch was injuring the players last season.

The shit some of our fans settle for and deem as success, I swear it’s cus the pigs are consistently so bad. Some of you planks actually dream of a team to Bobby fords, unironically.
‘Most of what we have now’, what a load of shit.
Warnock and mccabe grew a club with poor crowds and poorer facilities qnd took it to the top league with crowds of 30 k
Those facts are unarguable ,everything we've done since has been built on that platform
The fact you think everything is shit doesn't mean it wasn't a lot shitter before and the fact you didn't enjoy what was a club being turned round from one in the doldrums to one in the top division or vying for the top division says more about you as united fan and your lack of understanding of your own clubs history and size than anything else

People say we blew the season in the Prem. But we got 38 points and almost stayed up. We had the second lowest budget and were expected to go down. Warnock is not made for the Prem, but he did well to make us very competitive that season. Geary, Jags, Morgan, Armstrong, Gillespie, Tinge, KazimRicgsrds, Hulse, Stead, not all Prem class...but certainly not wank, otherwise we wouldn't have got the results we did. Yes we lost to Wigan, but we also beat Arsenal. We gained a lot of points in the top flight, I think that's more than a legacy to good management, than picking Leigertwood against Newcastle. We would take that performance this season. It's what happened afterwards that blew the legacy of that period, all the financial rewards and status went on Robson and an awful transfer strategy.

People say we blew the season in the Prem. But we got 38 points and almost stayed up. We had the second lowest budget and were expected to go down. Warnock is not made for the Prem, but he did well to make us very competitive that season. Geary, Jags, Morgan, Armstrong, Gillespie, Tinge, KazimRicgsrds, Hulse, Stead, not all Prem class...but certainly not wank, otherwise we wouldn't have got the results we did. Yes we lost to Wigan, but we also beat Arsenal. We gained a lot of points in the top flight, I think that's more than a legacy to good management, than picking Leigertwood against Newcastle. We would take that performance this season. It's what happened afterwards that blew the legacy of that period, all the financial rewards and status went on Robson and an awful transfer strategy.
I said that the likes of Morgs, Jags and Hulse were good players.

For the billionth time, the point I’ve taken issue with was ‘most of what we have is down to warnock’.

Just not true is it and nowhere near as much is down to Warnock compared with wilder, both in terms of memories and footballing legacy.

For the billionth time, the point I’ve taken issue with was ‘most of what we have is down to warnock’.

Just not true is it and nowhere near as much is down to Warnock compared with wilder, both in terms of memories and footballing legacy.

Wilder only did what he did due to selling ramsdale and Brooks
Academy products from the academy warnock and mccabe built

Wilder only did what he did due to selling ramsdale and Brooks
Academy products from the academy warnock and mccabe built
In what way did Warnock ‘build’ the academy?

McCabe and the board built it.

Warnock used the players at his disposal and more to the point, his awful style of play was also one of the reasons the likes Tonge didn’t develop or get any better after the age of 18.

You think it’s good for a technical midfielders development to have the ball sailing over his head for 90 minutes?

Not to mention not providing the youth teams with a coherent style of play to emulate in the first team. One of the most encouraging signs from the youth groups and u21s right now is how similar the style is to the first team.

This is something we’ll just disagree on, I don’t put the initial investment in the academy down to Warnock.

Of course it helps that he kept us competitive in the championship, he did that after his first season. I’m certainly not saying we have nothing to be grateful to Warnock for, but to look back 15 years later at a manager who left us in the same league after 7 years…come on.

Always be grateful for the good times but he hardly built a dynasty did he. If he did what pulis did at Stoke then fair enough, basic football but the results were outstanding.

Last edited:
Without any doubt during the Warnock years Sheffield United grew as a club. He left this club in a substantially better condition than when he joined.
The average attendance of the club grew, many fans that are with the club today started attending while Warnock was our manager.
Our media coverage sky rocketed under Warnock.
He gave us some great games, and lows.
Warnock loves Warnock first and last.
After he left the club, McCabe failed to get the right man for the job, and McCabe was the reason we never went straight back up.

In what way did Warnock ‘build’ the academy?

McCabe and the board built it.

Warnock used the players at his disposal and more to the point, his awful style of play was also one of the reasons the likes Tonge didn’t develop or get any better after the age of 18.

You think it’s good for a technical midfielders development to have the ball sailing over his head for 90 minutes?

Not to mention not providing the youth teams with a coherent style of play to emulate in the first team. One of the most encouraging signs from the youth groups and u21s right now is how similar the style is to the first team.

This is something we’ll just disagree on, I don’t put the initial investment in the academy down to Warnock.

Of course it helps that he kept us competitive in the championship, he did that after his first season. I’m certainly not saying we have nothing to be grateful to Warnock for, but to look back 15 years later at a manager who left us in the same league after 7 years…come on.

Always be grateful for the good times but he hardly built a dynasty did he. If he did what pulis did at Stoke then fair enough, basic football but the results were outstanding.
Warnock insisted on it early on in his tenure as the oft heard story of picking up.dogshit on Warminster Road/ graves Park
The rest of your post is very subjective and opinionated you obviously don't like warnock ,another succesful ( relatively) period in Sheffield united history you didn't seem to enjoy

Back
Top Bottom