Welcome back Stuart McCall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

• Banned
Has he been successful anywhere he’s been since he left us?

On being sacked by Scunthorpe:

"Shortly afterwards, he stated he might not return to management, preferring the coaching side instead, stating: "It's a hard gig. I just like working with players, so I'd like to go out on a Monday to Friday or whatever it is and work with players and try and help improve them, put plans in there, formations, etc. And on the Saturday when it comes together – no better feeling"

Blackpool aren't doing badly this season and he's been assistant there.

On being sacked by Scunthorpe:

"Shortly afterwards, he stated he might not return to management, preferring the coaching side instead, stating: "It's a hard gig. I just like working with players, so I'd like to go out on a Monday to Friday or whatever it is and work with players and try and help improve them, put plans in there, formations, etc. And on the Saturday when it comes together – no better feeling"

Blackpool aren't doing badly this season and he's been assistant there.
That is a good point you have raised. I can’t think of a single player who was improved by the coaching team Slav had with him. There was little evidence of training ground routines in our general play or set pieces.
There is a general consensus there won’t be much money in January to purchase new players, so getting the max out of what we have is vital. Other coaches and managers have had better performances from players we have on the books, so hopefully Hecky, McCall and Lester can turn their fortunes around.

I genuinely think Heckingbottom, McCall and Lester will be a good team. The thinker, the motivator and the developer.

The plan must be to steady the ship and then look for a way forward.

If there's no money, then you can bring in another manager but they have to quickly get to know the players and try and make things work. It's a damn sight better than Warnock or Big Sam. At least they will have the club's best interests at heart and concentrate on improving players and not quick results.

Heckingbottom took a Barnsley side to 9th, basically got screwed over by Leeds and had a rough time at Hibs (but that started out really well).

McCall and Hecky have two of the worst managerial records in football. We just need Weir and Heath adding to the backroom staff to top things off.
By that reckoning, they can only get better. Hopefully. To be fair, under Slav we where getting worse.

Just the sorts of response(s) the club hoped for
Hook
Line
Sinker

just wait for Billy (& / or Jags) appointment(s) & we’ll be reight

Billy McEwans red & white army 🤔

On behalf of HRH may I take this opportlight your gas

Back
Top Bottom