Welcome back Stuart McCall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I genuinely think Heckingbottom, McCall and Lester will be a good team. The thinker, the motivator and the developer.

The plan must be to steady the ship and then look for a way forward.

If there's no money, then you can bring in another manager but they have to quickly get to know the players and try and make things work. It's a damn sight better than Warnock or Big Sam. At least they will have the club's best interests at heart and concentrate on improving players and not quick results.

Heckingbottom took a Barnsley side to 9th, basically got screwed over by Leeds and had a rough time at Hibs (but that started out really well).
To assist the new team, we should get in Jay Socik as head of recruitment analysis

I genuinely think Heckingbottom, McCall and Lester will be a good team. The thinker, the motivator and the developer.

The plan must be to steady the ship and then look for a way forward.

If there's no money, then you can bring in another manager but they have to quickly get to know the players and try and make things work. It's a damn sight better than Warnock or Big Sam. At least they will have the club's best interests at heart and concentrate on improving players and not quick results.

Heckingbottom took a Barnsley side to 9th, basically got screwed over by Leeds and had a rough time at Hibs (but that started out really well).
To be fair the no money thing is a bit misleading.

We have 6 genuinely high paid senior strikers and 7 if you include N'Diaye.

We have 4 players who can play left wingback.

Once you throw Lopata and Brunt and Slater in there, you've over 30 pros.

We could offload 6 or 7 players in January and not even notice.

To be fair the no money thing is a bit misleading.

We have 6 genuinely high paid senior strikers and 7 if you include N'Diaye.

We have 4 players who can play left wingback.

Once you throw Lopata and Brunt and Slater in there, you've over 30 pros.

We could offload 6 or 7 players in January and not even notice.

We have two saleable assets in the senior squad, Berge (if fit) and Lowe (if Forest want to buy him). They're all on big wages and no one in this league will want to match what we're paying for someone who is having a bad season. They all are really. There's more in the youth set-up but Hull won't pay more than a nominal fee for Slater. Jebbo is hardly tearing League 1 a new one so that's Ndiaye. The other players are talent. Just that. There are probably more talented players available, from across the world, than we'd want for them.

Really hope he is the one who can light a match under the players and get them playing for the badge.

I want to say yes... But I have my reservations based on his previous managerial/assistant tenure.

GLTTL anyway, he'll certainly need it!

We have two saleable assets in the senior squad, Berge (if fit) and Lowe (if Forest want to buy him). They're all on big wages and no one in this league will want to match what we're paying for someone who is having a bad season. They all are really. There's more in the youth set-up but Hull won't pay more than a nominal fee for Slater. Jebbo is hardly tearing League 1 a new one so that's Ndiaye. The other players are talent. Just that. There are probably more talented players available, from across the world, than we'd want for them.
Think jebbo is Burton's top goal scorer

YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I was just thinking of this today when news broke that he was back! What a player he was for us and everywhere else he played and I think on the coaching side he should do well. He's had some decent spells as a manager but think coaching seems to be more his thing, maybe similar to Jack Lester there, not sure what head of player development is exactly in Lester's case but I've always been very impressed with him when he speaks and he seems to have done a great job in the Academy.

I was just thinking of this today when news broke that he was back! What a player he was for us and everywhere else he played and I think on the coaching side he should do well. He's had some decent spells as a manager but think coaching seems to be more his thing, maybe similar to Jack Lester there, not sure what head of player development is exactly in Lester's case but I've always been very impressed with him when he speaks and he seems to have done a great job in the Academy.
Oh, what we’d do for a player like Stuart McCall now.

Assistant manager when we got promoted with Warnock, assistant at Blackpool this season who are doing well.

Pretty sure Alan Knill had a fairly unsuccessful managerial career before becoming Wilders assistant.

Delighted Stuart McCall is back at the club, if not at least for the 2003 nostalgia. God that was a magical season, loved that team

The only thing I was happy about yesterday, having Mr Mccall back. A fantastic player. However, I think it was for sentimental reasons not for coaching abilities. But we shall see

Hecky and McCall will get my support for as long as they are here. Once it gets to match day, we all need to leave all the arguing at the door, and get behind the manager and the team. God knows they need us.

It's about time we did our bit and turned BDTBL back into the fortress, with the cauldron-like atmosphere that unsettles the opposition.

Hecky and McCall will get my support for as long as they are here. Once it gets to match day, we all need to leave all the arguing at the door, and get behind the manager and the team. God knows they need us.

It's about time we did our bit and turned BDTBL back into the fortress, with the cauldron-like atmosphere that unsettles the opposition.
Grapps old son never a truer word spoken utb

On being sacked by Scunthorpe:

"Shortly afterwards, he stated he might not return to management, preferring the coaching side instead, stating: "It's a hard gig. I just like working with players, so I'd like to go out on a Monday to Friday or whatever it is and work with players and try and help improve them, put plans in there, formations, etc. And on the Saturday when it comes together – no better feeling"

Blackpool aren't doing badly this season and he's been assistant there.
In the short term, how "HeckyMacca" copyright Blade67, blend is critical

A positive reading is that Macca finds the media tedious and wants no more of it, wheras Hecky seems to love that bit but stuggle with tactics. Hopefully they are a dreamteam. alternatively, it's two failed managers heading for mutual destruction

I was a great admirer of Stuart McCall in his playing days for us . Even though he was approaching the end of his career , he still possessed all the qualities required to be a success in that role including skill , vision , tenacity an absolute commitment to the cause of winning football matches .

One incident in particular stands out in my memory as epitomising these values , which was when he went for a tackle right in front of me in the South Stand on the halfway line which he had no right to win and only just lost out on .
The opposition then moved the ball inside then out to the left wing from where , after a bit of trickery , a dangerous cross was put in to our box just beyond the far post where one of our players made a brilliant last ditch tackle to prevent a certain goal .

That player was Stuart McCall , and how he got to be there after 30 seconds earlier being on his arse on the opposite side of the pitch on the halfway line is still a mystery to me but tells you all you need to know about the player he was .

In the short term, how "HeckyMacca" copyright Blade67, blend is critical

A positive reading is that Macca finds the media tedious and wants no more of it, wheras Hecky seems to love that bit but stuggle with tactics. Hopefully they are a dreamteam. alternatively, it's two failed managers heading for mutual destruction
I think that new coach will be critical.

What really pisses my off is the Gloom and doomer's who slide out from under a stone with their prophesies even before a new manager have even sat in the hot seat, claiming superior knowledge when we all know that being a football manager must be up there with Kamikaze pilot
You've got to have pots and pots of cash for a start or your horizons will be a bit limited, it's all a gamble, but then it always has been,,...
So remember to be just a happy clapper like me, because as my wife says-

IT'S ONLY A GAME IN IT ....... :rolleyes:

Reactions: SWB
What really pisses my off is the Gloom and doomer's who slide out from under a stone with their prophesies even before a new manager have even sat in the hot seat, claiming superior knowledge when we all know that being a football manager must be up there with Kamikaze pilot
You've got to have pots and pots of cash for a start or your horizons will be a bit limited, it's all a gamble, but then it always has been,,...
So remember to be just a happy clapper like me, because as my wife says-

IT'S ONLY A GAME IN IT ....... :rolleyes:
Does your missus fancy being uniteds official spokes woman ? Views very aligned with our current board 😂

This appointment shows ive never been ITK, many years ago when mccall was in the running for the managers job, i played golf at worksop with someone who claimed to be an accountant for mccabe, he told me it was a done deal and mccall would be our next manager. I posted my news on bladesmad awaiting my new found ITK status, the day later mccall ruled himself out of the job, my ITK status smashed to pieces, a week later played the same guy at tankersley and challenged him, his reply was mccabe was pissed off with mccall and he would have nothing to do with club again, so now hes back at the club , shows you should just keep quiet. I for one am glad mccall is back

We’ve always done our bit - always

We will continue to do so as there is no focal point to address our frustrations and anger at - the manager is a patsy - the board have distanced themselves further than Mars

we will win more than we lose

get back in our boxes abs shut up

those whom I thought had more fight in them don’t

Back
Top Bottom