'Memries' Weird, Wonderful and Bizarre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brum away, second Wilder promotion season.

At one point a brummie lass is giving it large to the away fans, who promptly reply with "she's got chlamydia, she's got chlamydia..." Heard clear as a bell on Sky!

It was probably early 80s and the kop used to sing
"Shorehams here, Shorehams there, Shorehams every fucking where"
One game (Cant remember opposition) a tannoy announcement warned of eviction if anyone used foul language.
Almost immediately a chant went up:
"Shorehams here, Shorehams there,
Shorehams not allowed to swear "
Genius.
Loved that one.

Remember it being sang from the away end at Bradford probably late eighties as the BBC piled into them on their Kop

Bertie Mee said to Don Revie have you heard of the North Bank Highbury, he said no, I don't think so, but I've heard of the Shoreham...agro !....Na nà NA na na na, na.....etc
Said to Bill Shank-lee ...... Tony Curr-ee

Sat on the kop in the mid/late 90's whilst playing Watford and some bloke on his own singing for the entire match "Elton John takes it up the arse, Elton John takes it up the arse" in the style of 'go west' by the pet shop boys. It was mildly amusing for the first 2 minutes but ultimately he ended up sounding like a jilted lover who was missing Elton John's arse.
Forget where this anecdote comes from, it might have been someone on League of Their Own, but this bloke goes to the Royal Variety Performance and drops something. He bends over to pick it up and he hears a voice from behind him:

"I wouldn't bend over if I were you."

It was Elton.

Blades get skanked in the FA Cup semi when Grahame Pohl body slams Tongey to the ground and helps Arsenal to score.

Pohl next comes to BDTBL when we play Dirty Leeds in the League Cup (it may have been the game Jags scored from just outside our own box in the last minute).

As Pohl runs onto the park three sides start with "Grahame Pohl is an Arsenal fan" - which Leeds mis-hear and join in with "Grahame Pohl takes it up the arse"

Made me smile 😃
At the risk of stealing silent blades thunder the Leeds game happened before the arsenal game:)

Blades get skanked in the FA Cup semi when Grahame Pohl body slams Tongey to the ground and helps Arsenal to score.

Pohl next comes to BDTBL when we play Dirty Leeds in the League Cup (it may have been the game Jags scored from just outside our own box in the last minute).

As Pohl runs onto the park three sides start with "Grahame Pohl is an Arsenal fan" - which Leeds mis-hear and join in with "Grahame Pohl takes it up the arse"

Made me smile 😃
Leeds once came to the Lane and sang "Grahame Pohl takes it up the arse". I have no idea when it happened though. 😒🙂

Thank you

Flinders licks windows, he licks them all day...

Was at Hartlepool a few year back for a JPT game (we won on penalties after George Long saved one) and Flinders was on the bench. The keeper who was playing was serenaded with "He's better than you, he's better than you ... Flinders licks windows ... but he's better than you!" :D

Right - some ref once came to the Lane and Leeds fans gave him some stick. This may, or may not have happened, but if it did I have no idea when.

This story is losing something in the telling now. 🙃🙂
Some Refs. It was every referee. The abuse they got was relentless. Linesman also. In todays climate people and Sky would throw a complete ducky fit. Always felt sorry for the referee with :cough cough,no hair. Even if they had a strange walk it got picked on.

my finest moment. Greenwich Blade can explain ;)
Wimbledon away at Selhurst before the semi against Arsenal. Freezing cold night and so few people in the crowd the ref could probably hear everything everyone said. As soon as the opportunity arose, with the ref daring to venture near our end for a corner, Maidenhead lead us all in a rousing chorus of "Who's yer father..." It's probably the first time I've seen a referee not only smiling, but properly laughing.

Terrible game though.

Back
Top Bottom