Weather

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Made it most of the way to the bus stop, slipped and wrenched my arthritic knee. Fucking weather/arthritis etc. Oh well, a day in front of the telly beckons.

Safe travels Blades.
I just tripped over a rogue piece of ice outside the Kop. I am fuming. I will be sending a strongly worded email to the club.

• Haha
Reactions: ZLB
It's Friday the 13th and hurling it down. Going to my aunt's funeral and just learnt one of my oldest friends has just passed away too.

To top it all I've just passed the ex wife in the street and received a standard issue death stare.

Come on Friday, you can do better than this!

Yeah, walking down from station to top of London Road was a tad slippy

Saw rainbow clouds this afternoon. Never seen those before and I am really, really old. Anel probably turned the other way though! 😁

The last time it was this warm it was an el nino year, same as this one, it was 1997, and we ended up with a snow storm later, that lasted 6 days if memory serves...

The last time it was this warm it was an el nino year, same as this one, it was 1997, and we ended up with a snow storm later, that lasted 6 days if memory serves...

Went out for a big stomp earlier in Somerset with the dog. Packed for cold weather, I was fucking roasting.

View attachment 177258
This is the "river" Avon just north of Tewkesbury this morning...
The Avon used to flood most years until the late seventies/early eighties. Friends of mine had a caravan by the river and they had to come every spring to sweep out the flood debris.

Then it stopped flooding for some reason, whether it was less rain or whether they improved the water management and drainage where the Avon meets the Severn (Tewkesbury). The caravans got more expensive, with electricity and running water.

Then (in this century) it started flooding again. Again, I don't know if that is because of more rain or if it's because dredging rivers and other anti-flood techniques are no longer fashionable. Twice in five years the whole site got flooded out and these modern caravans were ruined, so they moved up the hill to the next field.

But it's not a new thing.

The Avon used to flood most years until the late seventies/early eighties. Friends of mine had a caravan by the river and they had to come every spring to sweep out the flood debris.

Then it stopped flooding for some reason, whether it was less rain or whether they improved the water management and drainage where the Avon meets the Severn (Tewkesbury). The caravans got more expensive, with electricity and running water.

Then (in this century) it started flooding again. Again, I don't know if that is because of more rain or if it's because dredging rivers and other anti-flood techniques are no longer fashionable. Twice in five years the whole site got flooded out and these modern caravans were ruined, so they moved up the hill to the next field.

But it's not a new thing.
On average we have having wetter winters the last 20 years. Warmer too as snow is a rarity.

Back
Top Bottom