Weather

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will this do?

Ideal, but as pointed out that was at 9am. My road looked like antarctica at 9am but now looks pretty passable.

I've moved a good 12 inches of snow off my car this lunch time so it looks like town has got off pretty lightly by comparison. I predict if they call it off they are going to look pretty stupid by 3pm tomorrow based on that photo

Ideal, but as pointed out that was at 9am. My road looked like antarctica at 9am but now looks pretty passable.

I've moved a good 12 inches of snow off my car this lunch time so it looks like town has got off pretty lightly by comparison. I predict if they call it off they are going to look pretty stupid by 3pm tomorrow based on that photo
Your right most of town will be completely free of the white stuff...when it snowing on tops town always gets off lightly ....do'nt postpone it now because it will look like a load of egg on faces tomorrow if they do

I'm working in Retford today, plenty of the younger members of the community are enjoying the snow.

images

It's an advisory group..we just say thanks for the advice but we'll go ahead anyway.
Its an advisory group who can get advice enforced. Ice on paths will be the reason they do get it called off..

I live on Heeley Bank Road and we've been for a stroll this morning around Millenium Park and the likes, ending up at Scrasda on Queens Road.

Absolutely beautiful out there. The sun was surprisingly warm when the clouds cleared.

Still plenty of thick snow around but the stuff on the pavements is either going slushy or has been trampled down. Roads fine. Had a glance up towards Shoreham Street and it looks alright.

All depends how cold it goes overnight. If that slush goes icy then we might have problems, but if a steady thaw continues then I think it'll be game on.

Its never the roads they cite as being dangerous - its the pathways around the stadium - the bit I've highlighted needs to get clear

View attachment 155540
People will just walk on the roads if it doesn't melt, on a matchday Cherry St Bramall Lane and John St are closed to traffic so what's the problem? Wear sensible footwear.

All depends how cold it goes overnight. If that slush goes icy then we might have problems, but if a steady thaw continues then I think it'll be game on.

The temperature is currently 2 degrees in town but is forecast to quickly drop in temperature from 4pm and will continue dropping to minus 8 in Sheffield overnight.
However it's going to quite sunny tomorrow morning, but still cold, temperatures up to 2 degrees from lunchtime.

I reckon there'll still be bits of ice on the pavements around the ground, will be interesting to see whether this is deemed too dangerous to play the match.
Let's hope common sense prevails and the match goes ahead.

Last edited:
The temperature is currently 2 degrees in town but is forecast to quickly drop in temperature from 4pm and will continue dropping to minus 8 in Sheffield overnight.
However it's going to quite sunny tomorrow morning, but still cold, temperatures up to 2 degrees from lunchtime.

I reckon there'll still be bits of ice on the pavements around the ground, will be interesting to see whether this is deemed too dangerous to play the match.
Any snow left after 5pm tonight will turn to ice.
That will still be there at around 9am and I think they'll call it off for those reasons.
By 1pm it will be sunny, no sign of any ice around the ground.

I wonder how far away from the ground they feel they have to consider for safety reasons? It should just be within around 400 yds..
Hope its on but I think the main driver will be how badly the club want to play the game.
If they think a rest will help them then they'll try and influence a postponement.
Would the thought of a Middlesbrough win and closing the gap to 4 points again have a bearing on it?
Would we prefer a night match later in the season when the weather is warmer?

I want it to be on.
If not then I'll be reminded that I have long list of DIY jobs to get done with no excuse!!

Please do. Few decent twitter accounts but not updated regularly enough.

Woodhead by far the likeliest to be open.
Taxi driver says Woodhead definitely closed. Apparently automatic snow gates are deployed to stop all drivers.

Taxi driver says Woodhead definitely closed. Apparently automatic snow gates are deployed to stop all drivers.
National Highway saying closed all afternoon.
To be fair they are usually good at getting it reopened, so as long as no overnight deluge Im hoping its open by tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom