Weather on Saturday v Man U

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bigger issue might be actually getting to Sheffield....

I know it's a running joke that Man U fans are everywhere, but wasn't aware Lincoln was a particular hotbed of support

Sheffield beer festival at Kelham island cancelled for today (Friday) due to flood risk.. may reopen tomorrow. That’s a lot of beer to float away…

Sheffield beer festival at Kelham island cancelled for today (Friday) due to flood risk.. may reopen tomorrow. That’s a lot of beer to float away…
If they want to deliver some to my house, I’d be happy to help them not wasting it.

Beer festival is back on for Saturday from midday threat reduced…. Bit of a pre match warm up perhaps??

Wet Wet Wet doing the entrancesong. When smokey swims.

Manchester known as the 'Rainy City' will have a distinct advantage.

All trains from St Pancras to Sheffield are currently cancelled due to flooding of the railway. I know there are southern based Blades who often travel that way. Luckily I booked LNER via Doncaster which is currently alright. However, no trains between Doncaster and Sheffield. At least with Trans Pennine. They mention alternative transport but not guaranteed. Buses I assume.

Flood warning for the river no longer in place, “the situation is improving”.

As of environment agency call just now.

Lots of disruption still for anyone trying to travel north or south of Sheffield on the rail network though and trains are off between Cheadle Hulme and Stockport on the other side of the hills.

At the Lane I reckon Reading around 2002 was called off on the day due to rain.

That was pre desso
I was working at the leadmill at the time , and we used to get a taxi home after the game and the company paid so they used to group people together who were going in the same direction, I was in a taxi dropping someone who lived around Edmund road and we went past the lane , and the sprinklers were on full at 3am the Saturday of the game, it was a Warnock trick to get game called off as we had key players out , and the poor weather was the perfect cover

I was working at the leadmill at the time , and we used to get a taxi home after the game and the company paid so they used to group people together who were going in the same direction, I was in a taxi dropping someone who lived around Edmund road and we went past the lane , and the sprinklers were on full at 3am the Saturday of the game, it was a Warnock trick to get game called off as we had key players out , and the poor weather was the perfect cover

How did you see the sprinklers were on driving past?

Didn't do us any favours in any case as we lost the rearranged game 2-1.

Looks like all Cross Country services from either direction are cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom